Sunrise Senior Living of Upper St. Clair - Pittsburgh, PA

Mom likes the food!

Sunrise Senior Living of Upper St. Clair is a wonderful and welcoming community. I like that it is an open and bright environment. The staff is very friendly and caring and welcoming when we come to visit. My mom enjoys the many activities they have to offer such as exercise class and going to the rosary and mass, but her favorite activity is breakfast, lunch, and dinner! The food is very good, they offer a wide variety of choices that you can order off of the menu. The landscaping is just beautiful, reminds me of a conservatory, the flowers are in bloom and the garden is almost ready for the residents to pick vegetables. I would highly recommend this community to others.

They pressured me!

I was not happy at the end of my tour of the Sunrise Senior Living. The lady that took me around, [Removed], was like a car salesman. When I was leaving she told me "you'll be back". She did apologize to me after but the place was not a good fit for my loved one.

Beautiful facility. Not sure my family member would like the "neighborhood concept".

Lovely Facility. Very Resort, Hotel feel throughout.Gorgeous lobby with lots of activity. Debbie, admissions, very caring , kind, and knowledgable. Negative-not all inclusive monthly fee; add ons for every thing which makes it difficult to predict final monthly cost. Plus $3000 one time application fee!

From soup to nuts, it’s (almost) the whole package!

Being a new family and my mom has had two other moves this year, I think things are working thus far better than the other first rated places. Health staff & care seem to fit her needs. Plus she has a caregiver 25 hrs/wk. Since it does not claim to be mostly for folks of the same faith, it’s a little overwhelming with xmas music playing so much. And they do not offer services for other faiths on site. So that would be nice. Love the pet therapy policy, It’s hard to get her to her doctors in the City, so we’ll have to see about getting her an alternate MD yet the better hospitals are in the City.
Their care philosophy is a good one. “Aging in place”. The biggest problem is that at such a high cost of living, you’d think they would welcome credit card payments. I believe at this level of care, that should be a courtesy without question. A little policy & info sharing up front would help the transitions, otherwise, it’s as good as I’ve seen it at anywhere! And it’s at the top of a hill, to boot! Great sunrises! Keep up the good work!

We have fallen in Love!

Me and my loved one have fallen in love with this place. The staff is really caring and understanding. They have a lot of great activities like the pet therapy and the trivia games that they play. I also like that the staff does not allow the residents to lay around in bed unless they are sick. They try and get everyone involved.

Things are going pretty well considering.

I had to make the decision for Mom to go into Assisted Living after she had a stroke and required more care than what she could get at home. Since moving Mom to Sunrise she's been great and adjusting very well to the change. The staff are great and Mom has participated in the catholic mass. Sunrise has a community dog which I wasn't aware of because Mom is not a dog person but again she has adjusted well and really likes it there. There have been a few small set backs but all in all a good experience.

Very nice place, but expensive

I think Sunrise of Upper St. Clair does an exceptionally good job taking care of memory and dementia care residents.The facility is clean and well kept, and the staff are accommodating and professional. The only issue is the cost, which is very high. But if budget is not a concern you can't do better than Sunrise.

Grateful EVERY single day for Sunrise. I sleep well at night now.

I can not say enough about Sunrise of Upper St Claire. My mother was sitting in a nurshing home bed, gown open down her back saying: "what does it matter?" "who cares?" "what difference does it make", and the nurses were standing around recommending anti-depressants. ALL WE NEEDED was to get her OUT of there. She was to high a level of care for a low level of care Assisted Living, but NOW - she has joy - she plays cards EVERY where you look when you visit her in Memory Care, you see the heels of a care giver walking away AND the bright smile of another coming toward you. I had such stress and tears to see mother in that nursing home, NOW I have a peaceful smile on my pillow EVERY night when I go to bed. WORTH EVERY PENNY. Expensive - BUT THAT IS WHAT OUR PARENTS SAVED FOR: their old age. God Bless everyone who works at this wonderful facility. They are amazing. She also gets a jacuzzi bath - ALL other communities only had showers - mother was always a bath girl. THAT gives me joy as well!!!! She is bowel incontinent and 2 person assist. BUT - she can still play a mean game of bridge...in other words ..she was VERY cognizant which is WHY she was so darn depressed in a NURSING HOME!!!!!!!!

It was beautiful, but overdone.

It was beautiful, and they seemed to be very attentive. Everything was very elaborate, they had a guest bar with deserts and such. It was overwhelming for us, like a 10 star hotel with too many decorations, and was just too overdone. It was very upscale, and just not a comfortable environment for us.

My siblings and I are very happy with...

My siblings and I are very happy with Sunrise Senior Living in Upper St. Clair. My Mom seems to be pleased as well.

Very nice dementia unit..

Very nice dementia unit..