The Pines of Mt. Lebanon - Pittsburgh, PA

At The Pines of Mount Lebanon we balance the unique small-town persona of Mt. Lebanon with the active qualities of city living. Our Senior Living and Memory Care communities enjoy the fusion of both in all aspects of the lifestyle and community experience. Our gorgeous outdoor floral gardens and front patio make for relaxing places to gather with friends while our recreational activities, programs and group trips allow our residents to flourish in during this stage of their life.
Our dedicated, passionate staff is available 24 hours a day and our emergency communication system ensures that our residents are always safe and secure.

A great community for care

We really like this community for care.The staff is outstanding. The community is clean and a wonderful environment. We liked the menu and the atmosphere that is offered here. We would like to recommend other families to this outstanding community for great care for a loved one.

Totally different now

When I was looking for a personal care home for my husband. I almost didn't contact the Pines reading the reviews but then I realized that there was a new Executive Director who had made a lot of positive changes in a short amount of time. The reviews that I read were not during [Removed] management of the Pines. My husband has been there for a month and a half. Its clean, never a bad smell. the staff is friendly and efficient. The environment is pleasant. My husband is getting excellent care and that's of the utmost importance to me. I'm convinced I made the right choice.

A sweet, homey place

This smaller community was kind of sweet, I thought. But because of its small size (60 residents), the activities offerings weren't as broad as those offered in a larger community.

Unfortunate Last Chapters...

* 4th degree bed sores and a hole in the roof of her mouth that extended to her nasal passages (no one reported this to me -- I had to wait for Hospice to).
* sitting alone and in a soiled diaper (uncovered and unattended to for hours). Filed a report and nothing was done.
* war between hospice and The Pines over hospice decisions made by family/hospice. The Pines wants to extend the life of a suffering client to profit (everyday a patient is in that bed means hundreds of dollars in profit for them).
*Accusations from The Pines that I wanted to rush the process of ending My Aunt's life by pushing Hospice to prescribe more morphine.
*Sad and unforgiving experience. I told my children to never, ever, pay that much money to place me in a facility that puts profit over care.

The Pines of Mt Lebanon is unbelievably understaffed and unclean. The residents are neglected and usually either smell of urine or are dripping with urine. Their is little to no afternoon staff. Memory care smells horrible with no help to the fact that laundry is only done once a week. The corporation does not care for their residents or staff members what so ever.

Need more staff!

I really did like the tour that I took of this community. The community was clean and neat. The only thing that I did not care for was that there was not enough staff for the residents. That made me feel like my loved one would not get proper care. I did like that the dementia unit was small.

Horrible care at The Pines

Significant neglect. Understaffed, poorly-trained or overworked staff. Neglect with hydration, meal assistance. No coaching or assistance. Lay workers administer meds with insufficient training. Neglect in effective bathing, oral care, and wound care. Frequent falls, dehydrated residents. Lack of quality care at exorbitant cost.

I liked that it was a smaller place.

I toured here, and it was nice. I liked that it was a smaller place. I didn't see anything alarming, or concerning at all. It wasn't a good match for my loved one, but seemed nice.

We love it there. I think she is getting better care.

We love it there. I think she is getting better care. It's a nice place. It's clean and everyone is friendly. They have been very accommodating with us. She doesn't complain at all here now. She likes the food, and we have eaten with her and we think it's pretty good too. It's a little more than the last place, but I find that it's worth it.

pretty good

The Pines of Mt. Lebanon are doing pretty good. Mom has fallen out of bed a few times there but they have gotten her right to the hospital. The facility is really clean and any time I have talked to anyone they are just real friendly.

I Think the facility is great.

I think its a very nice facility. It's very clean facility, even though they were remodeling but it didn't affect it at all. They kept it as clean as they could. They were very very friendly and outgoing. It did not affect any of the residents. Really its for my mother. The residents very good and friendly. Also a pet friend facility. I could hear the dogs in the apartment.

Stay Away

Our mother has been there one week. Her level of care included 2 showers per week which she requires assistance with. She has not had a shower. When she pushes the button for assistance either no one comes at all or someone comes and says they will be back and then they don't come back. The other options available to us had no room available and now I no why the Pines had ample space available!

They did a great job.

They lived up to everything they said they would do. I liked the people and they were very helpful. They worked very well with Celtics the hospice people. We thought he had a little more time but, our stay was short. They were great while he was there though.

I called to visit the facility and wh...

I called to visit the facility and when we arrived there was no one around. Several residents were in the entry but no staff members could be found. A visitor told me this is not uncommon there is never enough staff.
The rooms in memory care are very small and you are not allowed to bring any furniture except what is provided for you which is minimal.it was explained that their furniture does not absorb odors.
There is one staff member at night for 18 people. I was told that there is no nurse at night but she is on call. The price started at 4700 and then add on levels of care , cable and laundry. The building looks fine but cannot believe you are going to get and personal attention here. The staff members did not even know each others names. Residences in memory care can attend activities in the assisted living if there is enough staff to take them.

Expensive, but great care

We were very happy with the service my loved one received here, and would have kept her there if cost hadn't been an issue. They have a robust staff and are able to handle all different levels of care, and have full time RNs on staff. As a larger facility they have a very good variety of activities as well. It's very expensive, but they provide a good level of high quality care.

Very satisfied with the service

My parents were here briefly for a respite stay, but we were well satisfied with the service. My parents enjoyed themselves, and they said the food was good. We liked it enough that we may use them again the next time we're taking an extended trip!

Very Good Community

The Pines was the best community that my brother and I could find. We were not impressed with the other communities at all. The Pines is located in a very convenient location for our family. Our loved one has a very nice room and seems to like it very much. She is still adjusting but seems to be adjusting very well.

Comfort Care

The Pines of Mt Lebanon welcomed our family member with open arms in the Memory Care Program. She has received personal kindnesses from all the staff and it is such a comfort to us to know she is so well cared for at the Pines. All her needs are being met in a safe and beautiful residence. It is a comfort for her to be in such a congenial setting and a comfort for us knowing she is safe and happy.