Allegheny Place - Penn Hills, PA

Allegheny Place - Penn Hills, PA has yet not published prices.

This facility is very pleasant and clean with cheerful surroundings. [name removed] was very informative and helpful in explaining the services available and how Personal Care works.

A great place

There always seems to be something going on at this community. They keep the community well taken care of. The staff are attentive, personable and responsive. They greeted mom with open arms and made the transition into the community a good experience. The food is ok. When we first visited they made us feel they wanted mom there. They followed up with us and I would recommend this community.

Nice place but ...

This is a clean, well-maintained facility. The staff are courteous and caring. The rooms are nice and the facility is adequately equipped. However, beware of the prices that are initially quoted. There are two costs involved: the first is for basic occupancy and the second is a personal care cost. They have a sliding level of care scale for their personal care costs. It goes from 0 to 60 in increments of 10 (0, 10, 20 ...). This implied that the highest personal care costs were at a level which would not exceed the level of 60. Based on the highest level of personal care cost that were disclosed to us, we believed that Allegheny Place would fit into our budget. An evaluation of the resident is performed to determine the actual level of care required. You can imagine our surprise and disappointment when our personal care costs EXCEEDED the highest level of 60. They were going to charge us a total cost comparable to a Skilled Nursing Facility which is much more expensive than an assisted living facility. Needless to say, we did not choose Allegheny Place because of this.

A good place for care.

We do like the care that is given to this community. the staff is very caring and nice. We have not had a meal and she is pleased with the variety. The is involved with the activities that are given to the residents here. The community. is always clean and taken care of. We highly recommend the care and value of this to other families.

An Awful Experience Here

We had an awful experience here at this community. I removed my mother after two weeks of living here. They were not honest with me about being able to provide the level of care she needed. Her health went downhill very quick, and it was due to lack of care. When I brought up my concerns with the administration, they were not concerned at all. They were just looking to fill a room, not the well being of my mother.

July 19, 2016 just completed my tour with Allegheny Place 16:30pm. Was amaze of the space inside, from the street different aspect. Met with Ms. Karen [Removed] , Community Relations Manager for Tour of this facility. Was empress only 39 residence. That's good the rooms were very clean , along with Square Feet spaces even Studio. Safety Features on all doors & wanders . I was very happy to see rentavations be updated carpet furniture ect. Actually seen workers there, being gainfully employed . I really appreciate staff very hospitality . So I only have to travel short distance to this area. So anyone in local area whom don't wish to trace far book a visit close to home. Payment are close to same, let's keep this Allegheny Place here in our community one day we might need it.

Ok not great

Newer building large rooms
Staff highly variable in quality some great some useless Had cash stolen from patients room
Smells of human wastes frequently

Gone to the dogs

My husband needs help getting dressed, bathing, getting into and out of bed, and often in the bathroom. Has been a resident for almost a year and the quality of care has gone from tolerable to terrible. He is treated roughly by the aides who are working at night, probably because he interferes with their time on their cell phones or watching TV. I see the aides sitting in the lounge area on their phones every time I am there, as well as walking the hallways with phones in hand. They are in no hurry to help and are not interested in doing a good job. The night shift takes care of laundry and does not care to wash towels and sheets separately in hot water, but stuffs the machines with clothes and towels of all colors so that nothing is really clean. Housekeeping is poor, and the hallways have smelled of urine for the past 2 months. The kitchen serves food they themselves would not eat and mostly cold. Thanksgiving was the only good meal. Moving out asap.

Small facility that is very well run and clean. Residents were happy and well cared for. Brandi was great. She is caring and provides plenty of good information.

Allegheny Place

It can be a very daunting, stressful time trying to find a living facility for an aging parent. Allegheny Place has made the journey a very smooth one. From my very first interview a month ago until today my experience has been beyond amazing. From the staff to the aides to the dining help. EVERYONE IS INCREDIBLE!

Allegheny Place

It can be a very daunting, stressful time trying to find a living facility for an aging parent. Allegheny Place has made the journey a very smooth one. From my very first interview a month ago until today my experience has been beyond amazing. From the staff to the aides to the dining help EVERYONE IS INCREDIBLE!

Wish We Would Have Gone Here Sooner

I can't think of a single thing that they can improve on. Everything they do is just so professional and they have the residents best interest at heart. They take time to know the residents and to take care of their needs and to figure out their likes and dislikes. The place is so nice and clean and the activities are engaging and my mother loves it there. She says she is happy there and I wish we would have done it long before we did.

Everyone was nice but my parents aren't happy here.

Everyone was nice and friendly. I made my judgement to move my parents in too fast. They're not happy there. I was hoping this facility would make them happy. They don't like the food. It's just hard to please them. That's my biggest thing. The facility itself is very clean. It's not bad. I just don't like how expensive it is. I didn't think my mother would need that high of level of care. They charge depending on care level.

Everything has been going very smoothly

I haven't had any problems. Everything has been going very smoothly. My dad is happy with it. I would recommend the Allegheny Place. So for it has been a very good experience. My dad is happy at this place.

Not so rosy as it might appear.

Initial perception and overall feeling about the place was very favorable. Good Marketing person. Now that 6 weeks has gone by, the reality is not as rosy. Food is sub-par and often cold. Many of the aides are young and cannot keep their cell phones out of their hands, to the detriment of the resident's care. Night staff are often irritable and short with my husband, who gets tangled in the sheets or cannot get into comfortable position without assistance. Laundry gets done but bring your own detergent because their standard soap does not get the clothes clean at all. Many of the staff are very nice, but others seem lazy and not committed to doing their job well, only putting in the time. I guess it is hard to find good help.

Clean place, very responsive staff

It's clean, the staff is really friendly. One of the bigger things is that the place is located near her sister.

She was having trouble with her first roommate, and they moved her within day.

A nurse checks on her since she is 97, but she gets no special care

Whenever I talk to the staff they respond to me right away.

lack of attentiveness

Great Place. Very Friendly staff. Should have more attentive staff in the dining area to assist anyone who may need help or wants anything else. Looked like the food was delivered, and served and the staff was no longer on the floor to help with anything else. Also, there was no one at the reception area.

Very very nice place

I looked at this place over a year ago when we were still considering if Mom needed to be placed somewhere or not, but it really stuck out in my mind. We eventually ended up going with another location, but this place was very very nice. It was beautiful and everyone was so friendly. If I need to look into options again at any point this one will be near the top of the list.

Allegheny Place is located less than three miles from the Allegheny River in Penn Hills, Pennsylvania. We enjoy country living but are close enough to Pittsburgh for an afternoon trip into the city for restaurants, shopping and entertainment. We have four hospitals within six miles of our community as well as three churches in our neighborhood.

We strive to keep our residents active and healthy through engaging activities and plenty of opportunities for socialization:

•Yoga classes
•Knitting club
•Craft room
•Lounges
•Beauty and barber salon
•Delicious meals served in our restaurant style dining room

Our protected outdoor courtyard is a popular place during the spring and summer. Residents enjoy walking among the flowers, watching the squirrels scamper through the trees and just relaxing in the sun. Residents, visitors and staff alike enjoy our barbecues and social events in the courtyard.

Our comfortable apartments are perfect for either single or double occupancy.

Apartments come equipped with kitchenette and microwave as well as built in safety features.