Juniper Village at Forest Hills - Pittsburgh, PA

Beautiful personal care residence conveniently located off the Parkway East at the Forest Hills exit 10 minutes east of Pittsburgh. This elegant community features many varied suite sizes and types. Located within minutes of the city it is convenient to all cultural and sporting venues.

Our residence boasts a specialized care staff, 3 delicious meals per day and snacks, and tailor made “Connections” activity program to enhance the lives of all of our Senior residents. With an innovative and forward thinking approach, our Juniper community seeks to change the face of aging and nurture the spirit of life in each individual that we serve.

A good place for mom

The staff at this community are fantastic and the aids are great. The residents I have met are nice and mom is making friends. The food is good and the community is very clean. They offer daily activities and I would highly recommend this community.

Juniper Communities

Hi, we're so glad that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations! We appreciate your recommendation!

Compliment

I wanted to say thanks for all you did for my mother, J.M., and the thoughtfulness and care that was taken as she neared her end. I especially wanted to commend one of the aides, who came up with the idea of putting my parents beds together so that my dad could hold my mom's hand. It gave him great solace.
You have a great set of aides there, and I've been impressed with the care they take.

Juniper Communities

Sue it has truly been our pleasure to care for your parents during this time. Knowing that we have been a source of solace for your father is the ultimate compliment for us. Thank you for sharing your heart-felt comments. You really made our day today.

Attentive Staff!

Things are going fine since my father has moved to Juniper Village. In fact my mother has now moved there as well. This community is just what we were looking for. My father is doing as well as I can hope for. The best thing is the attentiveness of the staff, not just the management, shich are wonderful. The staff is taking good care of him and are very capable from top to bottom. My father loves the activities, he participates in all of them, he really enjoys them. The food is good as well.

Juniper Communities

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us and recommending us to others. In our communities we quite often are privileged to care for more than one member of a family. We are proud of our reputation, community, activities, food, staff and care and the fact that our families place their loved ones in our care over and over again. Thank you.

A beautiful place, with high recommendations. Also rather expensive. This would be our choice if we could afford it.

Juniper Communities

Thank you for sharing this five-star review. We are proud of our community, our reputation, our staff and our signature programs and appreciate your comments. If you have questions about financial options available to our current and future residents, please reach out to Executive Director Janet Wangler to learn more.

Genuine care and compassion

If you're looking for the highest possible quality care for your senior family member, Juniper Village at Forest Hills is the place to go - warm, welcoming, clean and compassionate, this place has it all. My family is so thrilled with the care my father is getting at Juniper, that my cousins just moved my aunt there. Now we all have peace of mind!

Juniper Communities

Thank you Mary for sharing your wonderful experience and highest recommendation of Juniper Village at Forest Hills. We are so happy to be part of the peace of mind that you have knowing that your father is well cared for.

very caring and attentive

So far I am satisfied with Juniper Village at Forest Hills. The staff here are very caring and attentive. She is still adjusting right now. She is not at the point where she is participating in activities but I know that will come with time. Overall it has been a good experience so far.

Juniper Communities

We appreciate your five-star review and recommendation of Juniper Village at Forest Hills to others. You are absolutely correct in your understanding that adjustments take time. It is our desire to help, not only your loved one, but your whole family during this adjustment. Change is never easy, and we hope our experienced and compassionate staff will make this change as easy as it can be. If there is anything that we can do for you or your family our door is always open.

Juniper Village in Forest Hills is excellent!

A very warm and caring environment.....

Juniper Communities

Thank you Kathleen we concur, Juniper Village at Forest Hills is excellent! We are extremely proud of the warm and caring environment, the well-trained staff and exceptional signature programs. We appreciate your sharing this with others who are in need of personal care in the Pittsburgh area.

Nice place, friendly people!

We're very pleased with how things are going at Juniper Village, it's a very nice place and my loved one seems to be enjoying herself! The facility itself is clean and well kept, and everyone here seems very friendly. She is doing so much better now that she is getting some regular social interraction!

Juniper Communities

We are so thrilled that your loved one is enjoying herself and is doing much better. We often find that is the case when our residents begin socializing and interacting with their peers and others on a regular basis. Thank you so much for taking the time to share you positive comments and refer us to others who may need personal care in the Pittsburgh area.

We love Juniper Village Forest Hills

Unexpectedly we found ourselves trying to find an assisted living facility for our 87 year old mother who had fallen at home and could no longer live in her home. Juniper Village was the second place we considered and it stopped there. We love the setting of the location, easy access while in a beautiful wooded area, small and personable. The care is excellent, aids are friendly, helpful, respectful and courteous. When you walk into Juniper Village there is always something interesting or fun going on. The facility always seems fresh, clean and tidy and the staff personable and engaging. I would not hesitate to recommend Juniper Village at Forest Hills.

Juniper Communities

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Your continued feedback is what makes Juniper Village at Forest Hills successful. We appreciate hearing how pleased you are with our community, our staff, our programs and how we take care of your loved one's home. We are truly a family at Juniper Village and it shows! Thanks again for sharing your opinion with others who may be facing a move to assisted living/personal care in the future. Your comments will be very helpful to them.

Great place.

i had heard about A Place For Mom but tried to find a personal care residence on my own. My search came up and I clicked on one. It brought me to A Place For Mom. They were wonderful and gave me several facilities to call. I would not have found Juniper Village at Forest Hills without them. My aunt and uncle have been there a few days and they are both very happy. The staff there has been great. They have called me several times to give me updates on my family. My aunt and uncle were at another facility and I only heard from the staff when there was a problem. I am very happy with Juniper Village and hope my aunt and uncle will be there for many years to come.

Juniper Communities

Thank you Donna for sharing your thoughts with us. We pride ourselves on communication and keeping an open door. We are glad to hear that you recognize that. We hope your aunt and uncle will be with us for many years to come as well. We appreciate your continued communication and referrals to anyone else who may be looking for a personal care residence. Our families are our best advocates!

Nice facility, a bit of an ...

Nice facility, a bit of an oder as we walked in the door. Seemed to be some confusion between staff and the RN relating to procedures. Facility a bit run down and the common area not very inviting. Residents seemed a bit sad.

Juniper Communities

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We understand your desire to remain anonymous, but hope that you will contact Janet Wangler, Executive Director, to discuss any issues you may have observed on the day you visited. We are happy to keep our doors open and invite conversation regarding ways to continually improve. We are extremely proud of the community, our staff , our programs and the quality care our residents receive. We appreciate your continued feedback.

We no longer have to worry!

I can't say enough good things about this place! Our mom had lived alone since the death of our father in 1980. We were all worried about her but knew that convincing her to move was impossible. After a hospital stay we were told she could not go home. We met with Juniper Village in Forest Hills and moved her in the next day. Everybody's great and mum is really happy! As for the food, breakfast is her favorite. There's good communication with the staff. The place is kept very clean. They offer lots of activities, and although she said she wasn't interested she has started attending the exercise classes. Bonnie was very helpful getting us VA benefits information. The staff checks in on her regularly, so we no longer have to worry! Although we are concerned about the cost we know that they are competitive. Other then that I think I can speak for my 5 siblings in saying we have no complaints!

Juniper Communities

Terry, we appreciate you taking the time to provide such wonderful feedback on your experience with Juniper Village at Forest Hills. We are so proud of the entire team and your comments here reiterate all that we are most proud of. Thank you for your thoughtful words we hope you have the opportunity to recommend us to your friends.

Nice place, very accommodating staff

The staff here are all very friendly, and Bonnie, the contact person, in particular is fabulous. She's a really warm person, and very easy to talk to. All the staff seem caring, and willing to accommodate the needs of their residents.
I feel like the food could use a bit of work, the best Dad ever has to say about it is that it is "okay". I've also heard complaints that they can seem a bit understaffed during off hours.

Juniper Communities

We appreciate your thoughtful comments and are thrilled that your father resides with us. We are very proud of the entire team at Juniper Village at Forest Hills. Your comments about Bonnie are echoed by the rest of the team, we're happy she and the rest of the staff were able to help you, your family and most importantly your father. If you have any concerns, please feel free to contact Executive Director, Janet Wangler. She has an open door policy is always ready to offer a solution.

Really wonderful

My mother was only here for 3 weeks, but even during that short time they really impressed us. We were EXTREMELY pleased with everything. It was a beautiful community, very bright and open feeling. And the staff and residents were all so friendly and inviting, it felt like everyone was welcoming us in. If I ever need to look for senior care again this place will be at the top of the list.

Juniper Communities

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are happy that your mother was able to stay with us for three weeks and that the experience was beneficial. We are glad to know that you will keep us in mind for the future and welcome your referrals to other families.

The Perfect Choice.

Juniper Village is a really clean and friendly place. The food is good. It was the perfect choice for what we needed.

Juniper Communities

Kelly, thank you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback. We agree that Juniper Village at Forest Hills is a clean and friendly place. Please recommend us to others who may need a senior living, personal care community.

Most promising, Location could be a d...

Most promising, Location could be a deal breaker

Juniper Communities

We appreciate your feedback. We are very proud of Juniper Village at Forest Hills - the physical aspects of the community as well as the well-trained, caring staff. We hope that the location proved to be fitting for your needs. Thank you for your comments.

The director was very helpful. Locat...

The director was very helpful. Location not good.

Juniper Communities

Thank you for your comments. We are very proud of all of our staff at Juniper Village at Forest Hills. All members of our leadership teams are very helpful in visiting with potential family members. Being located close to Pittsburgh is helpful for families in the city. We do have locations in other rural areas of Pennsylvania as well.

Facility is like upscale hotel

Facility is like upscale hotel

Juniper Communities

Thank you for your comments. We are very proud of Juniper Village at Forest Hills which is beautifully appointed, and provides a warm and sophisticated environment with a host of community spaces that include a library, country kitchen, ice cream parlor, game and craft rooms, on-site physical therapy room and much more. We appreciate you recognizing that.