• Availability of licensed nursing staff 24-hours per day
  • Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!

No place to leave your loved one

I am a private care giver for a resident at the harbor. I have been asking all week for them to take care of an abundance of wasp in the courtyard. Nothing has been done. Also, I know many of the residents here, and the attention they get is seriously lacking.
I have spoken to the director [name removed], but it’s useless. He claims to have worked at many senior homes, but I don’t see when he could have. The lack of personal interest in the residents is appalling.
The food is terrible considering what it cost to live here.The residents should be content and cared for for the ungodly rent they charge.
The management should be ashamed of themselves. I hope when they get to where they need assistance, they will get what they are giving these residents now!

Gret Community

The "Lakeway Family member" that reviewed below must have the wrong community. The Harbor is a beautiful community with an engaging lobby (not sure where they came up with that comment) and staff that cares about their residents. The Director, managers, med technicians, nurses and care givers all value each and every resident and strive to make every day the most enjoyable and comfortable day for all.

Molly Nedley

Much appreciated review and kind words.

A must see!

We were very pleased with our tour of Harbor ! The resident coordinator [Removed]went above and beyond to answer our questions and provide a personalized approach to our concerns. We found the facilities to be fresh , elegant yet comfortable , and inclusive. This was the only facility we found with an indoor pool. The employees and residents seemed joyful and engaged. If your seeking assisted care this facility should be at the top of your must tour list!

Molly Nedley

Thank you so much! So happy you were pleased with your tour and with our beautiful community.

Great Tour with Deposit Placed

I’m writing in response to a recent tour. We found the facilities to be beautiful. The staff took substantial time to get to know us , discuss our needs and answer our questions. We’ve placed a deposit as we make final decisions . I believe the staff & facilities are comparable to places twice as expensive.
Our only reservation is the limitation on transportation radius to 10 miles. Many area specialists are still only located in Austin
& this was the only area the facility seemed to lag behind other Lakeway Facilities on . The response to our concerns on this issue were accommodating and quickly offered . A huge positive in comparison is the indoor pool. Mainly the most impressive aspects were the happy residents and staff. When people enjoy their jobs it shows!! If you are searching for assisted living you must put this place on your must see list ! Finally , I’m convinced some of the reviewers have mistaken this for another Lakeway location. It is clean , beautiful, & has an upscale feel when you walk in. The true gem here is The Personal relations Director- [Removed] .

Molly Nedley

Thank you so much for such kind words! We are so thrilled that you found The Harbor to exceed so many expectations! Thank you for sharing your thoughts as well as your favorite aspects of our community! We look forward to working with you and your loved one, and growing our Harbor at Lakeway family!

Disappointing experience.

The Harbor is a beautiful facility, and we had high hopes for it being the right place for our loved one. We caution you to stay fully involved in the management and care of your loved one if you choose this facility. We recently moved our loved one from The Harbor for many reasons, but most importantly, over medication issues. Meds were ordered in an eractic way, and I made many calls attempting to understand. Upon moving our loved one, we learned that one of the reasons for a declining attitude was due to not receiving an important medication. Meals were also taking a great deal of time to be served with the order then being cold and many times wrong. Transportation was an issue if you choose not to use the house doctors. The lobby is cold and uninviting. Don't expect a staff member to speak to you. You're paying a great deal and not receiving top dollar care. Our disappointing experience meant we were not getting what felt we were paying for. Know that there will be an annual increase.

Great place

Lovely location, have recommended this place to my neighbor for their mother. She needs a little extra care that they provide for assisted living. Caregivers are welcoming and compassionate.

Molly Nedley

Thank you so very much for your referral. The compassionate relationship between our care givers and the residents is vital for their personalized, caring experience. We are happy you could feel that already!

Older establishment

I toured Harbor at Lakeway and it seemed like an older establishment and a little worn. It was a bigger community. I didn't think my loved one would get enough attention.

Molly Nedley

Our community opened in April of 2015,and we pride ourselves on taking really great care of cleanliness and details to make sure we stay fresh and luxurious! Are you sure you have the right community? Please feel free to come back sometime to get more of a personalized experience. Our Assisted Living has 90 apartments and plenty of highly trained care staff to give our residents plenty of attention.

Beautiful Community

This was a beautiful community but way out of our price range. It is a new community only a few years old so everything is still new and looks very nice. The staff was very friendly and nice very informative. It seemed like they offered a variety of acitivites for the residents to keep busy.

Molly Nedley

We are so pleased that you enjoyed our community! I would encourage you to stay in contact because we are currently running a special that may help make it a bit more affordable. Activity engagement is very important to us here. I'm sure we have something for everyone.

Beware

I wish I could give fewer stars. The Harbor has been unable to provide the simplest of personal care - reminders. Found my loved one after a week in the same clothing, underwear and socks and he had not bathed or taken a shower. Nor do they follow doctor ordered specific diets (although they say they can) which results in declined health and well-being. If you want your loved one to have happy hour as many as 5 days a week(but always 3), then this is the place for you. There has been constant staff turnover resulting in lack of continuity of care and communication. The worst thing is that they are unresponsive to complaints about care and [Removed] and instead blame the resident, the family and evict you for fraudulent reasons. They seem to have no understanding of the waters navigated by caregivers and family when a loved-one is in a facility. So sad for those living there.

"Reply from our owner"

Ms. Hemphill - As the owner of The Harbor, I take exception to your posting. It is factually incorrect. We reached out to you on multiple occasions to meet with us and discuss your loved one's care plan. You refused to meet. Your refusal to discuss his needs frustrated our staff, because your loved one is a kind and caring individual who we enjoyed having at the community. Your refusal to engage with our staff and discuss specific needs, was the primary reason your loved one needed to leave The Harbor. Your conduct in this regard is unprecedented in our experience. Responding further to your post: 1. You demanded to do your brother’s laundry, but then you didn’t do it. 2. We do not have happy hour 5 days a week - only Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Residents who participate look forward to socializing at them. Ms. Hemphill, I have contacted you and urged you to remove your factually incorrect posting. I am disappointed that you have chosen not to. Anyone who wishes to personally discuss the community or receive more information is welcome to call me anytime at my office: [removed]
Sincerely
Paul DeNucci

My tour

This community seemed clean when we visited, however there was an odor. The people we met were nice. This community has a beautician and a pool onsite.

Molly Nedley

Thank you very much for your review. We are dedicated to insuring a pleasant atmosphere in our community and apologize you experienced an odor. We do encourage you to come again and see that it has improved.

Mom Is Good Here

The experience has been good for my mom and I picked this community because they were more convenient and closer to me. The meals are okay for my mom. She is fine and participating with the activities they offer. Her apartment is comfortable and cozy. The housekeeping is a little slow and it seems the facility is under staffed. I would recommend this community to family and friends if needed.

Molly Nedley

Thank you very much for you kind words. We are pleased that your mom has found her forever home at The Harbor to be a comfortable one. As always, we strive to make the dining experience a smooth and delicious one for each and every resident. Our Life Enrichment department works very hard to have something for everyone to get involved in! We will pass your comment on regarding housekeeping and staffing ratios. Thank you.

Still adjusting

I am still adjusting to living at Harbor at Lakeway. They are not quick to respond when I press my pendent or with the food. The food is good sometimes. They do keep the community clean and there is a beautiful fountain in the lobby. I have found some of the residents do not seem friendly. They do offer daily activities.

Molly Nedley

We are SO PLEASED that you have had a positive experience here at The Harbor. Our pendant buttons are intended to be treated as an emergency call system and we continue to work to improve our response time every day, so that you get the best service possible. Please attend our monthly culinary meetings to let your feedback be heard. Thank you so much!

Our Fathers good care

This is a nice community for our father. We are happy with the care from the staff. Our father does like to participate in the activities. He seems to be happy with the meals that are provided. We would recommend the care and the value for other families to have cared for a loved one

Molly Nedley

Thank you very much for your review. Every resident who participates in the life enrichment activities makes it more fun for others! We hope to provide something for everyone so that we can encourage a purposeful and active lifestyle! Thank you!

Was not impressed with our tour!!

I was not very impressed with the tour I had taken of this community. I did not get a warm cozy feeling from it and felt like I was walking into a hotel when I arrived. Everything just felt very temporary not like somewhere I would want my mother to live long term. I also thought the lady who gave me my tour [Removed] could have done a better job. She was not very knowledgeable and seemed to rush us though.

Molly Nedley

So sorry you had a negative experience at The Harbor during your tour. We do hope that your Mom has found her forever home!

Feels right

So far so good. My MIL has only been at The Harbor 1 week. She loves it. She came from an independant senior apartment and she is loving the extra care. My only complaint is I feel they need to hire at least one more person to help in the dining area. It takes quiet a while for our food orders to be taken and for the food to arrive at the table. Kitchen seems short staffed at the 3 dinnerswe have spent with her. Overall seems like a nice place.

Molly Nedley

Thank you very much for your review! We are so pleased that she is having a great time with us. Our culinary department has made some positive changes in the last few months that we are very excited about. As always, we hope to provide top of the line service in all departments and will continue to work on this goal. Thank you!

Meals are not served in a timely manner!!

There needs to be a lot of improvement made in the meals that they are providing. It is also taking my loved one over an hour to get her dinner which is dangerous considering she is a diabetic. My loved one seems to be really enjoying the activities they have and has gotten involved with a lot of them.

Great Find !

I have looked at all communities in the area and several in Austin. I know that all communities are different and have different choices on apartments, dining, activities and care. The Harbor at Lakeway goes above and beyond to assist with any concern and always with a smile !
I love the community and could not ask for a more caring and dedicated management team. It will never be "home" and no place is perfect but The Harbor is truly a great place. We are glad we found it !

Molly Nedley

Thank you SO MUCH for your wonderful review! We are so happy that the experience has been such a positive one!

Moving In!!

I came to tour the community and i really liked the set up of everything. The tour guide was friendly and knowledgeable. The community was clean and my room was nice. Just yesterday my family came to help me organize my furniture and everything is coming out very well. They have meal plans and activities on site. So far the staff has been nice and they have been communicating well.

Excellent communication and caregiving planning

My 90-year-old mother has just moved to the Harbor, so the adjustment period is ongoing. But all levels of staff have been extremely welcoming, and communication among the caregiving team is very good. We feel very confident that she will receive excellent, individualized care there.

Mom Is Very Busy With Activities All Day Long

My mother is doing great at this community, she has adjusted very well to it. The community looks great, everything is always nice and clean. The staff is great, they are caring for her very well. She stays very busy with all the activities they offer. She likes the food, they sever well-balanced meals. She is happy and that makes me happy. A place for mom was great with helping me find this community. This is a community I would recommend.

I would recommend Harbor at Lakeway!!!!

My mom was only at Harbor at Lakeway for 2 weeks before she fell and broke her shoulder. The staff there are very nice and took good care of her. The activities are a little weak in regard to the residents participation. She liked it there and they only reason she is not going back is because we are moving her closer to us.

Happy Family

I have been amazed at the smiling faces and caring managers. I have looked at a lot of places and they are not all the same. We really are glad we picked the Harbor at Lakeway and would recommend any one to this community. It truly is lovely. We are so happy !

Things are going so/so. It has been a bad time (with the holidays and everything). Although it would probably be the same anywhere, I just feel like there should be more feedback from the staff especially about medical care. There have been some communication issues, but they have done a good job with everything else.

My home, My view

We moved to the Harbor after looking at several places and have been with them now for a few months. We read all reviews, talked to many people and came back to The Harbor feeling that they truly cared about us . We have been very happy ! Every place will have growing pains but when they listen and follow up and truly care, that is when you know you are in the right place. If you are not living here, you should not be able to truly give your opinion . We have recommended The Harbor to several friends of ours in Lakeway and some have moved in. Harbor Resident -

It's been good so far.

It's been good so far. We are very happy with them. It's clean, the people are friendly. there haven't been any major complaints so far.

Changing Up Employees

They are doing some change-up on the employees who are working there, so as soon as they get all of that figured out and settled then I think that the Harbor at Lakeway will be a really good place to be.

Growing pains!

This facility is going through growing pains.

-The are trying to fill rooms, before having a stable foundation of staff, and a daily routine
-they can't keep experienced staff,
-staff are expected to do more than care for residents, i.e. clean rooms, plan activities, care for pets and resident rabbits....
- Staff that remain are being worked long hours and shifts.

The facility is nice, but they need to work out the kinks before adding more residents.
-There are a few upper management personnel that should be reviewed on their skills and decision making.
-Staff members are leaving for one of the many memory care facilities popping up in the Austin/Cedar Park area.

great

It is great at Harbor at Lakeway. The only issue I would mention is the inconvenience of visitors having to log in and out. The nurses aren't always at the front desk, they are busy. That is only a minor issue though. Overall the location is convenient and it has been a good experience.

My mom and I toured the Harbor in January and again in September. Molly and Keisha came to VIBRA Rehab Hospital to do an assessment on Friday, 9/25. Waiting to hear about level of care needed.

Perfect for my mom's needs!!

Caring, friendly, upbeat staff from the administrators to the front desk to the caregivers to maintenance. Everyone knew her name after just a few days!!
Beautiful, comfortable facility. Lovely common areas as well as well planned rooms/apartments.
Great food.
Very reasonable prices, especially for the quality and care.
Seems to have a lot of support, services and a variety of activities. Staff actually comes to the rooms to remind residents of activities and to help them get there if needed.
The only area we'd like to see improved is that while I'm absolutely sure the intentions are great, we've had a problem with timeliness of response to phone calls, especially requests for information.

quality of care

Harbor at Lakeway has such great quality of care. The people that live here are so friendly and nice. They all want to get together and socialize. I took a video while I was visiting and a staff member played the piano for the residents. It was lovely. Everyone is so close here. Residents are monitored so closely at the push of a button. Anything we have asked they have done. They have outings to the grocery store regularly and even going out to lunches! Cannot say enough good things about this facility.

Our stay was very short.

Our stay was very short. I felt like it was a good place in his final days, it was private and peaceful. We didn't have any issues or problems with them at all.

They have been fantastic.

They have been fantastic. I don't have any concerns, at this point. It's clean, and the staff is friendly. The food is good, and it has worked out well. We are very happy with them. I would rate them very highly.

great people

My aunt really likes the people at Harbor at Lakeway, both the staff and the other residents. She has commented that the food is not as good as it should be. The food service is also a bit slow. They seem a bit understaffed in that area. The activities could be better - she described it as "juvenile".

They are very responsive and listen to and appreciate any feedback you have. Overall everything has been very good.

Broken promises

A dear friend who has Parkinson's move in recently . They were promised a max wait of 5 mins when the button was pushed . It took 23 mins . They are severely understaffed , yet people are steadily moving in .more money. The doctor left specific orders concerning meds that we're not carried out. It was a difficult decision to move from their home , which has been even more difficult thanks to the harbors broken promises , if you are understaffed , stop moving people in ,!

Attentive, kind community

Our close family friend has been engaged with this facility 4 months until it opened recently. He has been there a week. When he gives a compliment, he really means it. He does not give them freely. Tonight he said to me, unsolicited, that the Harbor staff are the kindest strangers he's ever been around in his life and that they are so nice to him.

I've spent quite a bit of time there, and I cannot even begin to find the best words to express my heartfelt gratitude. Our friend is a precious human being. We are thankful that he is listened to and the staff work with him regarding his special requests and concerns. What I love about Harbor is that they treat him with dignity. They give him the emotional safety and respect he needs...and deserves.

Our close family friend has interacted closely with this community 4 months until they opened. He's lived there a week. When he gives a compliment, he really means it. He does not give them freely. Tonight he said to me, unsolicited, that the folks at Harbor are the kindest strangers he's ever been around in his life and that they are so nice to him.

I've spent a number of hours at Harbor. I cannot even begin to find the best words to express my heartfelt gratitude. My friend is a precious human being. Harbor listens to him and works with him regarding his special requests and concerns. They treat him with dignity. They give him the emotional safety and respect he needs and deserves. I love the way they speak with him.

Very new facility. Beautiful. Walk to Lakeway hospital. Rooms have built in units. Full refrig. Storage needed for my mom. Small therapy pool on site. Laundry ea week. Outdoor areas have TV, fans, nice furniture. Breezeways to sit in. 2 stories.

Look else where -if you love your loves ones

Look else where - the staff are not attentive to your loved ones and management just wants your money.

Looks very good, good philo...

Looks very good, good philosophy, very encouraging to know she will be in good hands. Not open as yet so unsure completely but excellent customer service and care.

Our beautiful Assisted Living and Memory Care opened in April of 2015. Privately owned and locally opertated state of the art luxerious community, to cater to our residents in the Lakeway and surrounding area.
Harbor at Lakeway is on the medical campus of Baylor Scott & White Hospital, and conveniently located just off of highway 620. With easy access in and out for visitors and residents, as well as conveniently close shopping and fine dining just a mile or two from the property .
Community has on-sight Home Health & Hospice as well as healthcare available 24/7 with a highly trained and educated staff. We will customize residents' care plans to meet their specific needs in a lovely, safe environment.
With many amenties such as our Harbor theater, in door heated therapy pool with scheduled water aerobics, fitness center and outdoor putting green, chapel, salon, library, gift shop, and fitness room. From the cathedral entry and beautiful grounds, to the many different floor plans (Studio, One Bedroom, and Two Bedroom two Bath), you are sure to enjoy retiring at the Harbor at Lakeway and living a purposeful, active lifestyle.