Brookdale Lakeway - Austin, TX

Brookdale Lakeway - Austin, TX has yet not published prices.

street map for Brookdale Lakeway - Austin, TX

Visited Brookdale Lakeway with sister [name removed]. Loved the outdoor courtyards and the "hominess" of the facility. Concerned with the large floor plan as afraid my Father would get confused because each floor is so large. The rooms were very large and nice and the views were beautiful. Caregivers really seemed to spend time with the residents. Facility a little older and could be updated a bit.

Not the place or Mom

Can not deliver 5 star service
Inadequate facilities (rooms no ac, irregularly cleaned)
Coded Care, unequal treatment
UNDERSTAFFED
Unsanitary conditions
Lack of proper medical care or clear plan of care and quality of care
Uncaring Administrative Executives
Rude admin untrained staff members, 5 stars bullying intimation and on passing the buck.
There are a Few committed direct care care and concierge staff.
Upon dismissal patients personal belongings returned in black trash bags
**The cost per month is after insurance.

Wonderful People!!

The people at this community have been wonderful to my husband and I since we moved in. The staff have been helpful and have accommodated our needs to the best of there ability. I have no complaints about the food and am enjoying my dinning experience with the other residents as well as the activities throughout the week. Overall we are very pleased and would recommend it to anyone

Worst food I've ever seen.

The almost inedible and unwholesome food pretty much tanks this otherwise nice and clean-looking facility. The dining room is constantly, woefully understaffed and the service is poor. But the bottom line is the absolutely terrible food--right down to the inability to execute and serve a simple sandwich. Given the price we're paying for our mom to live there, it is almost inconceivable how they're getting away with it. Someone in senior management must be looting the budget. I have a great deal of restaurant experience and have seen a wide range of food in institutional settings as well. This is like nothing I've seen. It makes the worst hospital food look good.

We're looking for another place, which is unfortunate. It won't be a Brookdale.

Nice place!

This community is nice it just needs a little updating. I liked the people they were very nice and helpful. The community had a lot to offer and I liked that as well. This was just not a good fit for my mom.

Great Company!!

I love that my mother has really been enjoying her self at this community and getting involved in many of the different activities they have available. She has made a couple of girlfriends and has been playing a lot of the bingo. She has had no complaints about the food and has been attending all her meal times in the dinning room. I am very comfortable with the care that she is in and would defiantly recommend this place to anyone.

Know your loved ones needs

My Mother was here for 2 months. They suggested she be placed in memory care to be in close proximity to the staff. My mother was totally aware of her surroundings and oriented. She had no call bell, so they provided her with a jingle bell to ring. Be careful here. My experience was they were more concerned with signing someone up for long term, than the residents true needs.
We moved to another Brookdale facility and it's great!

Please read before you place your loved one here

Please read my review before placing your love one here!!!!!

The staff is horrible. Multiple times my dad would press the call button and they would not come into his room for 40 minutes. I would walk down to the station and all nurses and aids would be sitting on their phones. I would let them know my dad needed assistance and they would tell me to press the call button. After I told them I did about 40 minutes ago it still took them 10 minutes to come into his room.

Another time my dad fell but was able to crawl to the call button. It took them about 30 minutes to get into his room.

They absolutely did not take of his health. Multiple times they would not give him his required meds. When my dad had blood clots in both legs they had a company do a certain test to see if they could do a certain type of wrap. He did qualify. We waited 2 weeks and nobody did the wraps. They said nobody in the company was qualified to do them. So why run that test? The dr said he would have a nurse do it but that she was not qualified. No thanks!

The food here is horrible. My dad is not a picky eater and does not complain about food. He would say every meal was horrible.

The last straw was my dad hearing staff yell at a patient across the hall. We moved him to [community name] and it is night and day compared to this place.

Hopefully this will help someone make the right decision with their loved one.

Very nice facility. Older, but well kept. Renovations. Attached nursing care. Rooms nice size. Physical therapy room. Laundry each week. Pets OK. Med help available. Beautiful views. 3 floors.

A wonderful home

My husband was in this facility for a year, and it was wonderful for him. It was small enough that everyone knew everyone else, yet large enough to get to know someone better. The staff is exceptionally caring and helpful, always ready to go out of their way to help any resident and to make the resident's life easier. Each staff member knows every resident not just by name, but by what his or her needs are. The facility is always clean, and the rooms are a very good size compared to other facilities. There is a nice variety of activities, and if a resident wants something different, they will make it happen. I cannot say enough good things about how well they cared for my husband.

Not a good place in any way.

I was a month in the rehab portion of the facility. The place was clean enough but other then that is was a very bad experience. A CNA [removed] and then refused my three requests for my nurse to get my pain med.
Another CNA was wearing perfume (against the policy of the facility) and since it was triggering my asthma I politely asked her to remove as much as she could by perhaps washing where she put it. She began yelling loudly at me and acting as if my asthma was of no concern to her. I took it to the head nurse but she was of little help and I found that they will stick together rather then put the clients needs first.
I must say the physical therapy was so very awful. From the therapy manager to the individual therapists, they had no clue how to help a person get better. I was there 10 days and had only 3 PT appointments. I left in the same condition as when I arrived.
Over all it is not a good place , even if your insurance is footing the bill. There are other things that happened but too many to list them all here! Don't go!

Asst living, memory and ski...

Asst living, memory and skilled nursing

I visited this property in ...

I visited this property in June, but we'd prefer an age-in-place facility and my dad would need assistance getting out by himself in the time required (can't remember if this is an A or B facility, but you know what I mean).

Our mother stayed here afte...

Our mother stayed here after her heart attack. Underwear was lost, never found (we were doing her wash so it should have never been lost), and we were told we would be sent money for the lost underwear (4 new bras) and never were. It was hard to find a parking place. Nowhere as nice as Grace House and much more expensive!

Mom feels comfortable here and staff is amazing

As far as cleaning her room goes I would proabbly say its not as clean as it could be, I have talked to someone about it and I think it's gotten a little better but the main areas a very nice, very, very, nice, they're all very clean and attractively done. The staff is all 5 plus, the care is wonderful. We haven't had any problems and she transitioned really easily, but they helped a lot with that. They did really nice things for her like take her into the dining room and introduce her to the people there and they would find tables she would like, they made it so much easier for her, but they do that for everybody. There are a lot of activites and they try to get her out of her room but she's happy in there and she has things to do and she's perfectly content. They really tried to get her out and they still invite her but I think they finally figured out that she's happy there. I always ask her how shes doing and she says shes really comfortable and happy here.

Nice Community, Professional Staff, Issues with Insurance

So far we like it really well. My mom has been there for about 10 days. We had originally moved her to another Brookdale community that was close to my father but he passed away 4 days after she moved in so we moved her here which is closer to my brother and sister-in-law. It's definitely a nicer place and the food is hot. The level of engagement of the staff is higher. It's very clean and newer. The staff is friendly and responsive. There is a higher level of professional ability in the staff. She's got dementia and she just moved so she's a little unsettled. We're hoping within a couple of months she'll settle in.

One problem we're having is that they're not in a big hurry to help you out with the insurance. It was the same with the other place. The insurance company is not the problem - it's the property.

Visited this one. Its really a little...

Visited this one. Its really a little too pricey for my mom.

love it

love it

Brookdale Lakeway
provides a full range of choices for today’s seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer.

At The Summit At Lakeway
our Optimum Life® concept and our Celebrations program provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program, filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities highlighting different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Residents of Brookdale Continuing Care Retirement Communities enjoy peace of mind knowing that opportunities for optimizing their health, wellness and convenience await them. With Inspired Independent Living, Personalized Assisted Living, the Clare Bridge Club program for Alzheimer’s and dementia care, and Skilled Nursing care, Brookdale Continuing Care Retirement Communities provide the lifestyles our residents want, the services they need and abundant opportunities to enjoy life in comfort, with convenience and style.