Tallwoods Care Center - Bayville, NJ

• Multilingual Staff
  • Respiratory Therapist
  • IV/Infusion Therapies

Review of Tallwoods Care Center

So far the care is phenomenal. The staff are very friendly. They are phenomenal at communication. The social worker is great at reaching out.

Review of Tallwoods Care Center

My loved one is doing better and the therapists do a good job. The facility is very clean. He doesn't like the food.

Review of Tallwoods Care Center

I'd recommend Tallwoods to a friend!

Review of Tallwoods Care Center

It is a beautiful building and very clean. One of my loved one's main concerns has been the time it takes to receive care. It seems as though the facility is understaffed therefore it takes longer than it should. In the beginning, it was a little rough. However the facility seems to have addressed his concerns and the meals have smoothed out for him at the facility. Getting answers can be tough at times. When I speak with him he mentions feeling in the dark about his care and updates. The nurse has reached out to me with updates which is nice, however this also seems to be a big complaint from the patient's perspective.

Review of Tallwoods Care Center

The nurses and staff in the facility were all fantastic. There was an issue with ordering meds but they finally helped with this.

Review of Tallwoods Care Center

My loved one returned there and they treat him well. They are accommodating. We are happy with the care from doctors and the services. They get him what he needs. They could pay closer attention to the common areas though. Also the food is not great.

Review of Tallwoods Care Center

The help and staff are all nice. Everything is wonderful. Our social worker is compassionate, everyone here is compassionate and helpful. It's been wonderful.

Review of Tallwoods Care Center

My mother just came back to Tallwoods from the hospital. The nurses are nice. They are great. It is clean. The staff keep me updated in general. However there is one thing that concerns me. If I ask someone how she is doing, sometimes they say they do not know and the day and night shift do not communicate with each other.

Review of Tallwoods Care Center

Overall I would recommend Tallwoods! My loved one's dislikes are listed on his meal card however at times it doesn't match what he is actually given.

Review of Tallwoods Care Center

Some things she is pleased with. The therapy is pretty good, she likes it. She would like better meal selection and staff response time. She likes most of the nurses. There is an occasional unhappy nurse in there. Every couple weeks they have a meeting with all of us. Some people are more knowledgeable than others. They could improve a little on cleanliness, sometimes we find the room being cleaned in dark. There's a long time in between cleans. She's not crazy about the meals. They are bland and not home-style cooking.

Review of Tallwoods Care Center

The therapy was very well done. I would like to have more therapy in fact. The staff were very friendly. Their communication was very good, they called me with information. The nursing care was very good. The meals were good too. There were little things from being short staffed.

Review of Tallwoods Care Center

My mother was not receiving good care and she is in the hospital now. They did not follow up on the lab work. It took four days for them to respond. The staff attempt to be nice. It is clean. Communication was okay. I like one of the aides. I like the social worker who attempted to be helpful.

Review of Tallwoods

Everybody has been helpful, and there are no issues. They give my loved one what she needs, and they are very nice. I like a nurse, who was very helpful with my questions that I had. The facility is clean. From what I can see, everything is in place, and her room looks very nice. I saw the end of a meal. I am sure the food is very good.

Review of Tallwoods

So far, everything is going very well during this transition. The staff are very nice. They take the time to answer all of my questions about my loved one's care. Communication is very good so far. The rehab therapy services are very good. Therapy is difficult for my loved one, given his condition. I have actually been doing the therapies with him, and so far, they are going well. The meal plan is a little confusing. My only real concern has been getting the meal plan corrected. I plan on speaking with the social worker about this, so other than that, it is going just fine so far.

Review of Tallwoods

Everybody at the facility has been great. Every person I have dealt with there has been responsive and helpful. The staff are excellent. I have not come across anyone that has not been helpful. The nurses have been really good. We like the charge nurse. The gentleman in charge of rehab therapy has been very helpful. My loved one is progressing better than what they expected. This place is much cleaner than other facilities. I cannot say anything bad about the food. When they give her a meal, it is overwhelming. She is eating sandwiches. They are trying, and they provide a full meal. They have called me several times, and we have had some meetings. I am pretty impressed with them.

Review of Tallwoods

We would definitely recommend this facility. It has been great for my sister. Everything has gone well, and we do not have any complaints. The rehab program is just great! The nurses and the aides have done a great job with my sister.

Review of Tallwoods

The rehab therapy is very good. I went to it one time. My loved one is improving more than he was in the beginning. The facility seems to be clean. Some of the nurses are really nice. They have a male nurse who seems to be very, very good. The staff are very friendly, but some of the staff are not as friendly. There was an aide who was very good. There needs to be some tweaking to his treatment. Due to his medical conditions, he does not understand what is going on sometimes, and I explained to the staff that they should check on him once per hour. I would assume they are short staffed. Every time I am around, I do not see the staff much, and I have to ask for help.

Review of Tallwoods

For the most part, we are satisfied. I have had a couple concerns, such as when they moved my loved one's room, we noticed that she was missing some money. When I approached the case worker about this, I was told that the building encourages residents to use a locked drawer for their valuables. However, she was never given this option.

Review of Tallwoods

The therapist did a good job with my loved one. The facility is clean. Some of the nurses are great. I felt I was doing the staff's work. I would get my loved one from the bathroom because they wouldn't help him. He would push the call button, and the staff didn't come on time. The facility lost some of his belongings.

Review of Tallwoods

I feel as though they are nice, but extremely understaffed. I ended up removing my mother from the facility. I didn't find the staff to be too attentive. I had to ask repeatedly to have my mother cared for, or even just to get her out of bed. Weekends were especially rough. I would come in to see my mom, and she would be laying in her bed alone in the dark. Cleanliness throughout the facility was okay. My mother's room was not maintained or cleaned.

Review of Tallwoods

The nurses seem to be good. The staff have been very good. My loved one's food looks good. The staff are there to answer my questions. The social worker has been good. The place looks dirty to me, and they shut down the activities for health reasons. I do not see any disinfecting going on. I am assuming the rehab is fine, but my loved one has not made progress.

Review of Tallwoods

They are wonderful and helpful. My dad says they are real nice and taking good care of him.

Review of Tallwoods

The staff there is unbelievably nice. The care is excellent. The building is clean overall. The meals provided are pretty good.

Review of Tallwoods

Everything is going so well! The only thing my loved one doesn't like is the food, and I also think the portions are too small.

Review of Tallwoods

My loved one got really good care. The social worker was very helpful and easy to work with. He loved the food.

Review of Tallwoods

So far so good with no problems. My loved one has been treated nicely. It's very clean. She loves the meals. I have to initiate on staying informed.

Review of Tallwoods

Overall it has been pretty good. The therapists have been great. The aides are not always on top of some details of care. My loved one complains about the meals.

Review of Tallwoods

During the week, things are great. During the weekend, they are not. They do not have enough CNAs on the weekends. I would recommend Tallwoods because the therapy is so good. The meals are no good.

Review of Tallwoods

I think everything was good mostly. Sometimes it took a while for someone to help.

Review of Tallwoods

The therapists are doing good with my loved one. The nurses are decent to him. He pushed the call light for help and it took at least 20 to 30 minutes to help him. The meals are too small.

Review of Tallwoods

I think the services are pretty good. There is a lot of stuff going on there. Little bit of lack of communication but nothing crazy. The nurses are good. My loved one would like more of a selection of meals. If you are there for a while, the selection all starts to be the same.

Review of Tallwoods

The staff are good. They are always smiling and they are very nice. They are very good at keeping me informed.

Review of Tallwoods

The nurses are wonderful. They seem do seem to be under a bit of pressure. Maybe they are short staffed. When she rings the bell it takes 45 minutes to get help. I never find the therapy long enough. Maybe if we are able to get it for longer times she would improve faster. She doesn't like the food and it has been difficult to get her to eat them, especially the dinner meals.

It was okay.

Review of Tallwoods

Rehab therapy is great. The nurses are very nice. They seem to be understaffed on the weekends. They could do a little better with keeping things clean. I do not think my loved one gets enough food, but the food is okay. The staff is pretty good about keeping me informed.

Review of Tallwoods

The therapy was good. The staff was fine, but it's very understaffed. The kitchen was bad and gave my loved one the wrong food. The nurses were fine when they were there, but there weren't enough of them. My loved one's sheets were not changed regularly. If someone is willing to stay there with patient, I would recommend Tallwoods, but not if you're just going to leave them there.

Review of Tallwoods

Their biggest problem is they are understaffed. The therapists are pretty good at this facility. Most of the staff is pretty friendly here. Cleanliness seems to depend on the time of day. The meals are good.

Review of Tallwoods

The staff is nice. The therapists genuinely care. The rehab space is nice. The actual patient rooms are dated and have peeling wallpaper. The food could use improvement. For example, my mother was given a turkey sandwich as dinner on a bread she doesn't eat and with very little meat.

Review of Tallwoods

They are very short staffed. For example, my mom would wait at least 20 minutes when she would ask to get help to the bathroom. The therapy department was very good. She is limited in what she can do, but they gave her good PT there. There are some really good nurses. The charge nurse is very attentive. Housekeeping could be improved. A lot of times the toilet was dirty and other areas seemed to have been cleaned in a rush because of maybe not enough staff. It seems like everyone was so rushed. My mom hated the food and they need to pay attention to dietary restrictions a little better.

Review of Tallwoods Care Center

When you ask questions they explain things to me and how he is doing. They keep it clean. Sometimes they do not have enough people there and they do their best. He is on a special diet and he may not like it sometimes. The therapists are great, I like them. I like all of them.

Review of Tallwoods Care Center

My wife is getting good care. They're in touch with me. I would recommend Tallwoods to a friend.

Review of Tallwoods Care Center

Everybody I have dealt with has been very kind and helpful. The head nurse has been very nice.

Review of Tallwoods Care Center

If you have a problem, they address it and take care of it. My loved one loves the rehab! They come and bring down her twice a day. They even gave her therapy on Sunday even, even though they don't do therapy on Sundays. The nurses are the sweetest! The staff are all very nice and pleasant. She loves the meals! We went to the doctor and they said she seems to be eating very well. She raves about the food and asks for double portions! The nurses and everyone are very pleasant, but it seems like they're understaffed. They're always busy.

Review of Tallwoods Care Center

The people are good but there is not enough of them. Meals are pretty good. When he has to go to bathroom he has to wait a long time. They need to clean more. On the second floor it's pretty bad. They seem understaffed.

Review of Tallwoods Care Center

The rehab and nurses are good. It seems to be clean, but she is not too happy with the food there.

Review of Tallwoods Care Center

The aides are great! But all the equipment there is old. My loved one doesn't like it. They are not giving him what he is supposed to eat for his diet. When you ask them to do something, they do something, when you don't ask anything, they don't do anything. When you ask them something they respond that they don't know instead of going and finding out the answer. The rehab director was not very nice. The place is disgusting, it's gross. The floors are disgusting, it should all be closed down. The food tastes like dog food.

Everything was very good, though my loved one didn't care for the food.

I think it's a wonderful place.

I think it's very good. It's very clean.

The service is a 5/5. They call you right away if anything happens. The meals seem good to me but I haven't been too involved. There are times when they are short staffed and you might see a few things laying around.

He loved the food, I'd give them a five plus. They did not keep me very informed though.

I would give them more than a 5 if I could. They were recommended to me and I would recommend them to someone else. The staff is very friendly, I'd give them more than a 5. Although the food could be better, it isn't so tasty.

I'd recommend Tallwoods to a friend.

Overall, things were pretty good. The rehab therapy was good. But the food had no taste.

Nothing has happened yet so they're doing their jobs correctly! I'd recommend.

He's not supposed to call me every day, but the nurses let him call over and over.

I'd recommend this facility. Overall, my mom's pretty happy with the meals. The only thing is that she is supposed to have her feet elevated and they haven't done that and they lost a piece of equipment she was supposed to wear in the chair.

The nurses and staff are wonderful. The cleanliness is excellent, the meals are wonderful. She hasn't been there very long but we had a great meeting, so far they've been great. However the room sizes are too small and cramped.

The people here are wonderful and great. All of the staff; from the receptionist, to the aides, the nurses, and the physical therapists. Everything was outstanding. I can't say enough good things about the therapy. They therapists are wonderful. Everyone was caring and compassionate. I had to ask a few times about cleaning my bathroom. The community is always polishing the floor so it shines like at the bank. The food is not that great, but they give you an option if you don't like it.

They always call me and say everything is good. He says they treat him well.

It is my mother's third time there and it is not the same this time. The original staff is still good but the new people are not as good. They should give people more channels to watch, they are limited to a couple of channels. The flavor of the food is horrible

We are extremely pleased with Tallwoods Care Center and what they have done for my loved one. The staff has been awesome to it is very clean and neat. The food is good and they offer plenty of portions.

Everything has been going great here.

The nurse is very good and has been very helpful. The therapy has been going well and now she is able to come home. They take really good care of her. The place is clean and we have not had any problems. Some of the meals I would not want to eat. They do not give enough variety. They are on top of everything and they keep me informed.

The social workers are very good. They were caring to my loved one. All the nurses and staff were great. Other places are more organized, but it's alright. It's clean. The food is good; he was very sick so he had everything pureed, but otherwise everything is fine. They have scheduled meetings with the family. They call me and keep me updated.

I would recommend Tallwoods Care Center to a friend.

The staff has been wonderful to my wife and has been attentive to her needs. My wife seems to complain about the food often and says it could use some improvement.

The staff is really friendly and patient. The food is actually really good and my loved one enjoys it. They are awesome about keeping us in the loop.

My overall impression was that this was great. They kept it clean no one can keep it spotless. He is a picky eater. They were good at keeping me informed

My overall concern is they don't answer their call bell when my husband rings. On average, the nurses are very good, but there are times when my husband has to go to the bathroom and he has bathroom problem, so by the time they get to him they're too late. The place is very clean, things are always shining. The place never smells. I work there, so I get a free meal a night and critique it, the meals are very good. You can’t expect restaurant meals, but they do try to accommodate you improve them as much as possible. They always keep me very informed. The rehab is working with us to have him home by Christmas. They always strive to keep everyone happy.

Before my mother moved in, she was told a doctor would be checking on her. Now that she is in the rehab center, she was told the doctors were backed up, and it will be a while before one gets to her. The therapy is great; my mother is already showing improvement. The staff really works with us to make the experience as easy as possible. The food could use some improvement, it lacks taste and spices. The recommendation all depends on the situation. It’s convenient for us, but the concern is how understaffed they are.

I am very disappointed with the administration and the fact that they had no communication. They did not reach out to me when my mom first got there and did not have a treatment plan set in place for her. They have really left a bad taste in my mouth. The night nurse has been wonderful; she was detailed with the medications and was really organized. I am very pleased with the care the night staff has provided my mother. The hamburger was worse than fast food, it is very overly cooked and the food has been horrible. The administration has had no communication with us, they have really disappointed me with how they are handling things.

The place was beautiful, but the care was not so great. At first, I got into fights with the director of therapy until we both finally realized we both wanted what was best for my mother in law. The up keeping could use some work. For 2 weeks, they gave my mother in law chopped up food that looked like dog food even though I told them so many times she did not need it chopped; the stroke did not affect her swallowing. Terrible communication

Tallwoods Care Center is proud to be one of New Jersey’s finest Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Facilities. Tallwoods provides sub-acute care with a full suite of physical, occupational and speech therapies.
Located in Bayville, Tallwoods Care Center is a premier destination for Skilled Nursing, Rehabilitation, and Long Term Care services. Tallwoods is also a great option for families who need a home for their loved one when they are no longer independent. Tallwoods has a wide range of programs that are designed to meet a diverse population of resident needs and interests.