From Years Ago

Several years ago I had a tour. I was looking for personal care for my dad. They were an okay community but it was not what we had hoped for. It had an atmosphere that I didn't like. I noticed the residents were not active. I was not impressed. I heard it was remodeled.

This was a nice tour of a small community. The staff was nice and the menu looked really good. It is under construction at this time but looked beautiful. They have a community garden and a playground. We would recommend this community to others.The price is worth the care here for families.

Check in on this community.

I was not impressed with this community when we took our tour. The staff and residents we met were nice. Some of the residents we met said how much they liked it here. They were under new ownership when we visited and they were making some renovations. I think once the renovations are completed it will improve the community.

They were able to get her in very quickly.

They were able to get her in very quickly. We were very thankful to A Place For Mom, for helping me in such short notice. We were really in panic mode. She was here for a brief time, she needed more care, and this wasn't the best fit. She liked it a lot while she was here. They were very, and very helpful.

Great facility and value

This is an excellent facility with a great staff. Its clean, well-maintained, has good lighting and has good meals.
The staff is caring, pleasant and friendly to the residents and visitors alike and take good care of the residents. Independent care providers can also come in and help the residents. And the cost is very reasonable compared to other facilities. Management listens to your concerns. Hamilton Hills is run very professionally. We placed my parent here after touring and talking to the management and we are glad we did.

No Call for Help Buttons In the Rooms

I toured this community for my mother and her needs. She needed a community to care for her as she recovered from some accidents she had. One of my main concerns was that this community has no communication system for the residents to call for help in their room. My mother isn't very mobile, and anything could happen and they wouldn't know until they checked on her. This wasn't the community for my mother and her needs.

Unfortuneately, some staff who do provide exceptional care and a very friendly attitude are asked to move on, and then get on here and write bad stuff. Don't believe them. They are angry they lost their job. Hamilton Hills has very lovely staff, very friendly, and they provide great care. It,s not new and beautifull(it's homey and comfortable) but it is clean, no smells, friendly and they care about mom. That's all that matters.

RUN AND DON'T LOOK BACK!!!!

If you care about your loved ones well-being than you will keep them far away from this facility. The staff at Hamilton Hills personal care home treat their residents like animals. The facility is filthy. As soon as you walk in the main entrance the corridors reek of urine and bowel movement. It is amazing to me that this facility is still up and going. However, I can see how that is possible when the state calls ahead of time before dropping by to do a "Surprise inspection". Do what is best for your loved ones and stay far, far away!

I found this facility to be a perfect fit for my relative. Staff was courteous, and attentive, to their duties. Mr. David was genuinely sincere about the service that would be provided for my family member. Thank David I could not have met you without the professional attention given to my situation by Melody!

Hamilton Hills should be a pet hotel....

Hamilton Hills should be a pet hotel. The facility is dirty and smelly. The food I would not even feed to my dog.

David Clymer

When we have staff with a poor attitude and work ethic, we let them go immediately! Their respons is to try to say poor things about us. I apologize, but this is why this particular person is no longer employed by us. We have a chef that prepares quality meals. We have snacks and coffee available at all times. We hire happy, friendly, just plain nice staff with a heart of caring. We have had an inspection with no violations. We are making building improvements all the time, because about those who live here. They are family to us. To see what goes on here, please see our Facebook page at Hamilton Hills Personal Care Home.

This place is always dirty and smell...

This place is always dirty and smells terrible. It is always under staffed and they never have any answer to a question. There is no nurse,doctor,administrator or clean up crew there on the weekend. I took my mother out of there as soon as I could! Was absolutely everything we dont want our parents or family to go through! What a joke!

Warm and friendly

The last review was posted by an unprofessional staff person who no longer works for the home. They are not a family that toured or ever had a family living here. The home is friendly, and well maintained. The meals are prepared fresh and the staff is professional and responsive to resident's needs. A nurse is on duty and a physician rounds weekly.

07/19/2014 An Interested Visitor Writ...

07/19/2014 An Interested Visitor Writes: The dirtiest, most unprofessional "assisted" living home I have ever encountered. The administration believes each resident is a customer and therefore he should run it like a business instead of home. He does care about any of them nor does he remember their names. He allows residents to live in the home when they desperately need a skilled facility. There are no real nurses there and residents with medical issues to a certain degree do not get proper treatment. The administrator allows employees to work before their criminal backgrounds come back and then he fires them once he finds felonies...allowing potential danger to the residents. He kicks residents out who have been there for years when he can't handle them anymore. He allows his director of nursing walk around her heels and short shorts and allows her too tell the kitchen staff, do not worry about a special diet for diabetics. To feed them the sugar and her nurses will feed them insulin, that's what it is for. When my family has many diabetics my dad being one I know what a diabetic has to do to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Her nurses sleep during the night shift and the residents sometimes don't get their medicine. Residents have fallen and not one nurse has been around to help. Usually the kitchen staff helps. Residents require plastic utensils and special things and do not get them. Residents have slept on the floor or in their wheel chairs all night. The matainence man is in charge of the kitchen and he's the dirtiest grease monkey ever. He doesn't wash hands use gloves use a cutting board or follow health and safety regulations. He puts boxes of beef on top of potatoes on top chicken, more than likely cross contaminating. No one in the building is servsafe certified though a few state inspections ago it was mandated everyone in the kitchen be certified and the person in charge must be certified. Since the Matience man is in charge the kitchen should be closed. Also he does the ordering and every day they run out of something...milk bread cheese eggs...ingredients that are absolutely necessary for meals. They run out of juice and they never have enough cereal or snacks to leave at night. The kitchen is filthy and maggots are found under the skin and in the rags. The dishwasher temp is always lower than the required minimum. The fridge smells and the floors are filthy. No one temps meat of food at that matter. The menu does not follow dietary guidelines and there are never alternatives. Residents with special diets needs are not being met. This place is a complete joke and the administration director of nursing, secretary and maintaince guy need to go. They do nothing but make things worse the residents don't even like them. A few left because of them. They all talk about the residents and make fun of them and they force the residents with wander guards to come inside when they go past the exits. Shut this place down or get rid of the people in charge because all they want is bodies to fill the place so they can collect bonuses!!! Some of us actually geuinely love and care about these people and want them to enjoy their lives and be happy!!!

I contacted and toured this...

I contacted and toured this facility. It was okay. Not a good fit for my father, other than the price.

Needs Work

The people seem nice but it's really run down looking. Even the parking lot was all a mess. It need work, needs to be upgraded.

Since 1990, it has been the goal of Hamilton Hills to provide high quality, cost effective assisted living for older adults. The employees of Hamilton Hills are dedicated to this goal, as a reflection of that commitment, have developed the following: to seek and maintain a leadership role in providing an assisted living environment that promotes independence for our residents. As a personal care facility, Hamilton Hills was designed to care for people who are unable to live alone, yet do not need the care of a nursing home. Supportive services include a professional nurse, daily assistance with medications, bathing, dressing by a professionally trained staff. Services include: PT & OT on site, three meals served daily, transportation, on site physician and podiatry services, full time activities, housekeeping and on site chapel. Rooms are furnished.