Greenfield of Berryville - Berryville, VA

Attentive and caring

I investigated a number of options when trying to find a place for my Dad. Greenfield seemed to be the best by far. I found the staff to be well informed, professional and seemed to care deeply about what they do.

He has been there a while now I am extremely happy with the level of care he is receiving. Its a relief to know that hes in good hands!

Great Community

Greenfield at Berryville has been very interesting. At one point they seem to have a few issues but was always encouraged how quickly they resolved them. Now it seems as though the place runs like clockwork. My mother loves this community. I highly recommend Greenfield at Berryville to anyone wanting a comfortable, caring place for a family member you love.

Great community!

This community has been wonderful for my great aunt. The staff is friendly and compassionate. They take great care to make sure she is clean and in a healthy safe environment. The quality of her life has improved so much since moving to this community since she had difficulty taking care of herself.

Seriously incompetent care

My mom lived there for a year in 2016. They were supposed to dispense her meds, but they got them mixed up so many times it was frightening. At one point they kept trying to administer another woman's meds (eye drops) and we knew this because my mom kept telling them it was the wrong eye; around the same time Mom got very confused and I had to send an advocate to assess how they were dispensing meds. Immediately the confusion disappeared! A few months later, Mom went through a period where her doctor was trying to find the right meds/dosage for her issue and I discovered that they *never* documented the dispensing correctly. As her symptoms changed I kept asking for the dispensing records and learned they were making it up as they went along. At one point (in ongoing rounds of trying to get the "correct" records) they provided me documentation that they had dispensed a med days before the doctor had even prescribed it! I was communicating with a "medical director" at their Falls Church headquarters trying to get the correct records--this went back and forth for a long time, while Mom endured many changes in meds; her doctor sometimes made changes thinking his script was off without realizing that Greenfield had not yet implemented the latest script. In the end they sent a registered letter that my mom had 30 days to vacate!! Anyone reading this knows (1) how much you pay up front just as a move-in charge, and (2) how long it takes to find a suitable location with a vacancy. But this is the way they do business. In practice, there are some good people who work there and some who are unethical and incompetent; unfortunately their headquarters contains leadership from the latter category.

Mom loves it here

I am so pleased with the care my mother is getting at Greenfield Senior Living of Berryville. The staff is so very friendly, accommodating in fact when my mother requested to be moved to a single room and they were able to make it happen for her. The activities they offer are perfect for the residents and my mother enjoys being a part of them, like the exercise classes, bingo and much more along with the great field trips. My mom said that the food is delicious, every thing is very clean.
I would have no problem recommending Greenfield Senior Living of Berryville to my friends and family at all.

Everything is going well!!

I have no complaints of how things are going for my loved since he made the move into this community. The staff are friendly and I am comfortable with the care that he is receiving from them . He has had no problems with the meals and enjoys participating in the activities from time to time with the other residents. Overall we are pleased and would recommend it to anyone.

To much money!

This was a very beautiful community. The people were accommodating and very friendly. We enjoyed the tour and got to see a lot. We just thought that it was a bit to pricy.

Nice facility, rooms have kitchenette, all one floor. There are common areas and activities for residence. They do accept small pets.

Small Community

Everything is going very well since my mother made the move to this community. The staff is great, she's still adjusting but they help her out as much as they can. It's a small facility, smaller than she's used to, and it has its benefits as well as flaws. Everyone knows everyone by name, but there are not enough activities. Bingo is only twice a week. The meals are very good and good portions, I've tried them myself. The place is clean and well maintained. The pricing is good as well, it's within our budget.

Really liked this facility. Immaculately clean. No bad smells. Residents all appeared happy and cared for. Staff really friendly and appeared very caring. If we could afford it would have no hesitation placing mom there

Nice Looking Place

This is great community, everybody is very kind. Nice looking place.

Mary [Removed] was a kind and personable tour guide. There is no current availability for Memory care at this facility. I really liked the gated courtyard. Residents can go outside and walk unaccompanied. Most rooms are semi-private. There were more gathering places/sitting areas in the facility than its memory care counterpart. Did not see many activities occurring in memory care. Rooms were spacious. No bathing capability in the facility.

Very cozy

Very responsive from the very first call to the day we moved in. Mary had been wonderful helping my family through this process. We visited the community once our grandmother got settled and the experience was wonderful. We got a tour and participated in one of the music activities. The staff was friendly and the whole place was clean. We meet several other residence and everyone seems very happy. I will definitely recommend them to anyone looking in that area

New at Greenfield, Berryville, VA

We needed a less expensive location for our daughter who has MS but is only 56, to extend the duration of her finances. Not only does Greenfield answer that need, but it is all on one level, has wide hallways, fine staff, and many interesting activities. She seems to like it and is participating well since entering early in 2016.

They have more of a home-feel that other places..

The Greenfield of Berryville has been very good. They have more of a home-feel than other places. They have been right on top of things. If you have a question, they are quick to answer it. They respond well. We're just very happy. There's nothing that we're not happy with. The facility is close to a hospital, which is good. My loved one seems to be doing fine. She's disabled, so she's getting a lot of help. That was our main concern.

Greenfield Of Berryville is excellent

Very nice, clean and intimate place. People are super friendly and helpful. Visited many places and Greenfield Of Berryville exceeded my expectations. Cost was at the lower end of the list of places that I visited, yet seems to be the best.

Mary Smoot very friendly and could niot have been more helpful. We discussed several options within our budget. However, we have chosen respite care at another facility until his June follow up appointment with orthopedic surgeon. Mr. Bennsky prefers to continue living independently contingent on his walking abilities.

They Have a Variety of Activities

I would highly recommend this community. The food is really good. It is also very, very clean! They have a variety of activities. They play board games as well as other activities. When I visited my mother they were playing Hot Potato. They do anything to keep them happy! The staff is also friendly. Overall I would rate this community 5 stars. My mother is pleased and happy living at the Greenfield of Berryville.

It's a great place. Less in price than most. Staff is wonderful.

Assisted living means assistance . It does not matter if the provider thinks the senior can do something on their own they are there to provide assistance and that is what we paying-for. Very tired of working with these individuals!

Connie Clem

I am very sorry your experience has not been more pleasant. Please feel free to come talk with me at any time so we might be able to address your concerns. We are anxious to provide the best possible care for your loved one.
Jennifer Bandler
Executive Director
Greenfield of Berryville

Wonderful

The staff is very nice and friendly. They are very attentive to the residences. The community is very clean. There has been some construction and they have kept it nice through out the time.

Enjoying life at Greenfield

My mom has been at greenfield at berryville for several months now. She is happy, involved and has made a lot of friends. She was scared to move into an assisted living but is really enjoying being around others her age. The staff knows her and is always very helpful and kind.

Connie Clem

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are delighted to provide care for your loved one.

We are very pleased with them.

We are very pleased with them. Everyone has just been wonderful. I know they are taking good care of him. He gets his meals, and he goes to activities. It's a big adjustment, but I think it's working out well.

Connie Clem

Thank you so much for the kind words. We are honored to care for your loved one.

excellent facility

Greenfield of Berryville is an excellent facility. Overall we are happy. There is, however, a lot of overturn in the aids and therefore a lot of constant retraining which can be a little burdensome at times.

Connie Clem

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are pleased that you are happy with our facility. We are working hard to create incentives and training that will encourage our staff to created longeity in our workplace.

Very nice, and the staff all seemed friendly.

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. I thought this place looked very nice, and the staff all seemed friendly. This definitely would have been somewhere we would have considered, however they did not have any openings at the time.

They didn't seem to offer a lot of services or activities.

My loved one lived here for a little over a year. She seemed pretty content there, but they don't seem to provide a lot of services or activities. They also can decide if they think your loved one needs to be in memory care and will place them there. We weren't overly happy with the memory care side. They were fed but then seemed to be left to their own devices, the only difference seemed to be that they were behind a locked door.

So far so good!

So far so good! Mom really seems to be enjoying herself here, she has really settled in. She was even able to bring her cat (who has also adjusted well to the new living arrangements!). They've got a fantastic activities director here, and Mom has been participating in quite a few of them!

This has been a great place...

This has been a great place for my mother in law , She has enjoyed the company of the other lady's and the caretakers. They really do take care of your love ones.

Great core staff; nice convenient fac...

Great core staff; nice convenient facility.
Maybe too much turnover in non-professional staff.

Very disappointed and looking for ano...

Very disappointed and looking for another home for my Mom. Pricing is unfair and food choices have appearance of frozen TV dinners. Fish dinner with no lemon, tartar sauce or ketchup is unacceptable. I also received abill from one of their assocaited medical vendors wanting payment for flue shots. I could have gotten those for free but with mother was talked into accepting the offer. It cost her $60.00. thats bull

Didn't feel right

It was one of those places where we didn't really get a good feeling which was unfortunate because it would have been convinient for us. There was a back door that went out onto a road that was always opened and it wasn't as clean as we thought it should have been.
Price wise it seemed pretty good, average price at least for Northern Virginia. It didn't seem that anybody was unhappy there, but we didn't spend a lot of time looking at it because we didn't get a good feeling about it.

Visited this Community in J...

Visited this Community in June. Very friendly staff; well maintained; good atmosphere. Appeared to be a lot of interaction and alot of staff on duty. Very nice sized rooms and baths.

Only a fraction of the cost

We chose Greedfield because it was a lot more affordable then the other comparable communities. In our locations the communities were charging $5,000 to $6,000 and at Greenfield for the same package we are paying around $2,200. It is a little further away and we have to drive around 30 minutes but it is really worth the value we are getting. When we added everything including the gas, groceries and everything we were even paying more when she was staying at home with home care companies. She really needed the companionship and socialization she is getting now. Greenfield has well kept ground and two screened porches with rocking chairs where you can just sit, rock and enjoy nature. I am pretty picky and had looked at 8 different communities before making my decision. We are very very happy with our choice.

Full Range of Services

The reason that we choose the “Greenfield of Berryville” for mom is because the pricing was right on mark with what we were looking for. The people are very friendly and they have the full range of services for what we were looking for. As she progresses along she won’t have to be moved to a different community we can keep her at Greenfield. The food is pretty good mom likes it a lot. She is as happy as can be expected at this point. They do offer some activities but mom doest get evolved in them.

Clean, lots of interaction among resi...

Clean, lots of interaction among residents. Dir of Marketing who did tour worked at Blue Ridge Hospice. Facility clean and bright Room size adequate.

Not that impressed - nice place and p...

Not that impressed - nice place and people but just not what we are looking for at this time.

At Greenfield of Berryville, we provide care for your loved ones and, at the same time, help them maintain their independence. Our beautiful, clean neighborhood-style assisted living community looks and feels like home, ensuring our residents' comfort while we provide the care they need. In addition to offering three level of care, we offer a full range of social activities keeping our residents active and challenged.

For seniors with Alzheimer's and other related dementia's we provide a safe, secure, warm and stimulating environment. Recognizing the specials needs of your loved ones, Greenfield provides an innovative approach to personalized care while preserving the dignity of each resident.