Fox Trail Assisted Living at Stephens City - Stephens City, VA

[name removed] was very nice and informative. This facility just would not be the right place for our mom. Not very clean from what we could see and the rooms were very small and must had to be shared. We would prefer a studio or one bedroom area.

Disrepectful

Just found out the best cook they had in this place has quit due to being treated unfairly and being bullied and [Removed] by the returning staff. What a loss to the customers. Her food was amazing, fresh and you knew she cared about what the patients put into there stomach. Very sad! This place should be investigated.

Still Adjusting, but Overall a Nice Community

It is still a bit of an adjustment process for my husband with his move to this community. He has his bad days, and his good days. However I will say the staff is doing a good job taking care of him, and his needs. It's not home, but I know he is safe, and in good hands overall. They recently changed ownership of the community.So there is still some growing pains. They have a great new activities director. The meals are nice. I know he is receiving good care at this community, and I would recommend it.

Dan Wolen

Thank you for sharing your feedback and your 4-star rating. I would like to invite you to contact me at your convenience so I can hear more about your experiences with Fox Trail of Stephens City and what areas we can continue to improve to ensure you view us as a 5 star location in the future. I personally appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and keeping me informed with any future feedback you have - Dan Wolen, Chief Operating Officer

Few kinks to work out!

This community is under new management. They are doing a lot of remodeling right now. The staff has been providing my mother n law with the care that she needs. I don't like that they do not have many activities for the residents. They also could do a better job with cleaning up.

Dan Wolen

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are currently undertaking a lot of great changes that will be present for all to see in very short order. We are also planning a "sneak peek" of our renovations for the end of May and I hope you can attend and meet our team. In the meantime, please feel free to contact me with any specific concerns you have so I can properly address them - Dan Wolen, Chief Operating Officer

Loved this place, and the staff was so helpful. Looking forward to moving Mom in when she is released from Rehab. Pleased with the fact that it is a smaller facility, where she will do well.

It's been working out

My mother is able to do the things that she enjoys and it's gone well for us overall so far!

Not enough staff

I don't think they do what they say they are going to do. They don't have enough staff available for as many patients as they have. I already took my mom out. I wasn't pleased at all. I wouldn't recommend.

I haven't seen any issues other than the wifi doesn't reach to her room they are trying to result. Everybody has been very helpful to my mom and the meals are good.

great place

My mom loves this place after going from assisted living to assisted living this is the first place my mother truly enjoys they really make you feel like family everything is great I would recommend Amerisist to anyone one who loves there loved one this is the place to be

I would not recommend

The first few weeks were good. My mother-in-law liked it there. One thing I noticed were the residents who could not navigate themselves in a wheelchair were pushed to the hallway between the main entrance and dining room or in the dining room and were just left there. Some slumped over. I was glad my mom was somewhat mobile. She had been at Amerisist for one month and when my husband went to her room around 11:00 on Saturday, he found her soaked in urine through her depends, clothes and bed clothes. He also noticed her speech was slurred. He had them call an ambulance. She had a massive stroke and no one at Amerisist noticed. She died one week later. I don't feel they have enough staff nor we'll trained staff to handle properly non ambulatory or verbally impaired residents. Two weeks ago I wrote to the CEO and stated our disappointment & ask for a refund. As of today, I have received no response.

Sadly Care in Georgia is cheaper...

We toured here and really liked it. This would have been where we moved our Aunt if the costs were the same as in Georgia. Sadly, they're not. The people seem happy and we saw more interaction between the people that lived here than any other place. It was lived in - ie needed a vacuuming but they were working on that. The staff seemed good, honest and to enjoy it. It was really everything we were looking for. It's not new and flashy but it's about the residents' happiness and we think our Aunt would have been very happy here. My wife is a nurse at a senior living facility (very exclusive/nice one) and she got all the right answers to her questions. We were sad that we it didn't make financial sense to move our Aunt. Don't remember the exact cost - so don't take my guess as fact. It was more than $3800 that we pay in GA.

odors, new administrator, current res...

odors, new administrator, current residents interacting at a low level.

Our assisted living Stephens City, VA community takes an innovative approach to caring for each resident's needs. Fox Trail Senior Living communities are well-designed to deliver unique amenities and services to enrich the lives of our senior residents. We are dedicated to our goal of providing an assisted care community with a warm and welcomed environment that encourages independence, freedom of choice and a productive lifestyle.