Commonwealth Senior Living at Front Royal - Front Royal, VA

High quality staff, low turnover, great facilities and food. Limited availability, high demand. Higher priced. Definitely would consider this for my father.

This was a wonderful decision!

This is a really wonderful facility! The facility looks nice and the food is great! The staff have been very nice, and I was so touched when the marketing director in particular went the extra mile to provide my mother with a temporary living arrangement until a room was available for her. We made a wonderful decision in choosing this facility!

Not right for us!

This community did not offer the services that my husband needed. They had a really nice community and the people were very nice and accommodating. This is just a place suited better for people that are totally independent.

They spoil her!

My mother is settling well since her move to the Commonwealth. When I talk to her over the phone she sounds pretty well. I am in another state, but I am comfortable with the care she is receiving here.

Great staff,friendly and knowledgeable. Excellent food. Views were wonderful and the residents were friendly. Room sizes are much larger than other locations I have visited.

I met with [Removed]. The place seems amazing. Very clean, happy residents, nice public spaces view from the rooms. I really love the idea of the memory boxes. Personal touches make a big difference with memory patients.

An invaluable and incredibly helpful service

Our mom is 102 years old and up until Oct. 1, was living independently. However, after unexpected hip-replacement surgery she was facing the daunting reality of needing to move to an assisted living facility. This was just as daunting for my brothers and me, as we had never walked this path before. Without a clue as to how to proceed, I emailed "A Place for Mom" at 11:00 p.m. one evening. By 9:00 a.m. the following morning, which was a Sunday, I received a call from them! [Removed] was so very helpful. Her confidence and expertise calmed my anxiousness in our first phone call. And her willingness to actually listen to my concerns and expectations of an assisted living place helped me begin to believe that we really could "do this". Of all the assisted living facilities in the geographical location we were looking at, [Removed] recommended 2 that she felt would be a good fit for Mom, based on the information she got from our conversations (Please note the plural . . . [Removed] called frequently, just to see how things were going!!). Both places were the exact type of facility we were looking for and she saved us the time-consuming process of elimination of facilities that didn't meet our needs. [Removed] guidance as she prepared me for taking the tours was invaluable. She recommended what type of questions to ask and what to look for at each location. I cannot express the sense of relief as [Removed] help enabled us to walk through this "maze" and be successful in the end. I am happy to say that an apartment was available in our first choice of facilities and our mom is settling in nicely. A Place for Mom offers an invaluable service to families at a stressful time, encouraging, guiding and listening compassionately. I cannot thank [Removed] enough for her help and kindness.

Vickie spent a lot of time with me, educating not just on Commonwealth but on Alzheimer's as well. She runs the support group at The Willows in Winchester. I was impressed by the activities going on--Seniors dancing--and the farm fresh food and cleanliness of the facility. I liked the monthly themes by country and the displays of srtwork. Also, this facility spends a good portion of time finding out what makes each resident tick by surveying their families on their past. Each room has a shadowbox out front to display things recognized by that individual. Definitely tailored memory care.

The care given to Mr. Jones was excellent and I greatly appreciate the co-operation and advice from the entire staff.

Loving and Comfort of our Loved Ones

When my husband and I were looking for a place for his parents we walked in for a meeting with Commonwealth Assisted Living and found a place that was so comfortable and welcoming that we had to look no further. Working with Amber is just a blessing. The Parents are so happy to be there and it makes life so much easier. We have no complaints at all. The staff is easy to talk with and are very helpful! Every night it is so wonderful to know that our loved ones are safe and happy.

Very nice place!

Our experience with Commonwealth Assisted Living has been a good one! The staff here are wonderful, they've all been very friendly and welcoming. They really went out of their way to make our loved one's transition as smooth and pleasant as possible. The facility itself is clean and well kept, and they do a great job looking after the people who live here.

Life is Good at Front Royal!

I am enjoying life at Commonwealth Assisted Living at Front Royal. The staff is friendly, helpful and attentive. There are lots of activities and you can participate in as few or as many as you like. The food service is very good too. Life is good here!

They are more than staff, they are family.

The care of the nursing and administrative staff, both to the residents and to the residents’ families, was outstanding. The staff truly cared about the residents, both physically and emotionally. The residents’ families were kept timely informed and included as much as possible in every aspect of the daily lives and well-being of the residents. The staff treated the residents and the family of the residents like the staff’s own family.

Very friendly staff

The staff at this facility are very friendly, and the facility itself is always well kept and clean looking. However the staff could do a much better job coordinating and communicating with the residents. They don't do a good job of keeping the residents informed of the various activities or services they'll be performing, and my loved one has complained about this fairly often.

Great in a bad situation.

My mother was only in this facility for 5 weeks. At first I was not pleased with the facility, because it seemed that they did not pay enough attention to my mother. But in hindsight, I would say that they were just trying to give her her space to let her adjust to the facility without pushing her. The problem was that my mother had decided that she did not want to be in this institution or any other and so she was very difficult. She was actually passing away during the time she was adjusting to this facility. But they got her to accept them and up to the time that she passed, they were very good to her, very attentive and helpful to the family. Her room was clean and the facility and employees were very good at what they do.

I really liked the apartmen...

I really liked the apartment here, but it concerns me about all of the possible additional charges. I did see several ladies that seemed sociable, happy, and enjoying themselves.

Extraordinary Care and Superb Staff

The location of The Southerlands was very convenient for our family. They had an available 2 bedroom apartment which had 1 bathroom, a small kitchenette and a living room. The level of care they provide here is extraordinary and the staff is just superb. We would highly recommend this community to anyone.

Lied about qualifying for VA

We are not satisfied with The Southerlands community because they told us we would have no problem qualifying my loved one for VA benefits to pay for it but might take a little while to get the money. We paid $3,000 for the month but did not stay the month because he ended up not qualifying for the VA benefits, they did not want to give any type of refund or anything. They would have known he didn’t qualify for the VA benefits if they just would have asked the right question which they did not do and instead just assumed it would be fine. We would not be recommending The Southerlands to anyone.

Welcome to Commonwealth Senior Living at Front Royal, a premier senior living community nestled in the northern Shenandoah Valley. We’re a well-established and leading choice for all levels of senior living, including independent and assisted living. We offer a variety of apartment styles, care options and services for our residents. Conveniently located close to Front Royal’s historic and charming downtown, our community is near healthcare facilities, shopping, dining and the legendary Skyline Drive. Commonwealth Senior Living at Front Royal provides comprehensive services for residents in a caring and home-like atmosphere that ensures they maintain a quality lifestyle.

Our community boasts a variety of amenities to ensure our residents are comfortable, happy and healthy. With sweeping views of the mountains, our residents love the landscaped walks, sunroom and gazebo. Our full-time activities director coordinates daily activities, trips and social programs. Active residents take full advantage of our Health & Fitness Center. For those who prefer to relax, one of our sunrooms is the perfect spot to unwind. Residents also enjoy private or companion suites with a private bath and their pets are welcome too! We believe in personal and dignified care which is why team members are on-site 24 hours a day and we develop an individualized care plan for each resident. We understand that everyone has unique needs and we tailor services to our residents, such as medication management and assistance with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing and grooming.

The attentive and experienced team provides compassionate care to residents who have all the comforts of home and maintenance-free living surrounded by friends and neighbors! Our residents quickly become like family. With a variety of living options, you’ll be sure to feel right at home. Explore Commonwealth Senior Living at Front Royal further and schedule a tour today.