Greenbriar at the Altamont - Birmingham, AL

Already visited community, liked it, but didn't have a fenced in area for our dogs.

It Appeared Old

When I had a tour of the community I thought that it looked an old and runned down community. I did not think it was nice. The person who gave me the tour was okay with the presentation.

Everything is going great!

My loved one has recently moved into this community and so far everything is going well for him there. The staff have been very friendly and I am comfortable with the quality of care they are providing him. He has had no complaints about the meals and is enjoying the activities they have from time to time. I would recommend it to anyone.

The facility was clean, beautiful hardwood floors, great natural light. The staff was friendly. [Removed] provided me with a packet of information and gave me a tour of the facility. The facility did not have many amenities that I was looking for.Overall, it was nice.

Safe Community!!

My mother is around great caring staff that make sure that she is safe. The Greenbriar at the Altamont Skilled Nursing Facility provides good healthy meals that are well portioned. It is up-kept fairly well and organized throughout the whole community. I would recommend this place to friends and family.

Needs Better Meals!!

My mother seems to be adjusting fairly well to the community. The staff seem to be meeting her care needs. One of the services that they could improve on would be the lunch meals. The consistency of the food could be better and the portions. At the moment my mother has been staying active in activities and she really likes the surrounding environment.

Very Nice Staff!!

The staff in this community was nice. There was a wide variety of food to choose from. I didn't like that the housekeeping wouldn't show up. They offer activities i would participate in art. I wouldn't recommend this community to friends or family.

I enjoy relaxing here!

My transition here at Greenbriar is going well. The staff is very kind and easy to work with. They are constantly cleaning and keeping up the community. My room has a very comfortable feel. There are several options for activities. The community has a potluck style cafeteria but I'm used to my home cooked meals.

Very nice place

Our experience with Greenbriar at Altamont has been a very good one. They were a big help throughout the whole process. They made sure everything was ready before the move-in date, and also assisted us getting everything moved in! The facility itself is clean and well kept, and the caregivers seem friendly. Really the only complaint I've heard from Dad is that he's not fond of the food, but I think it may just be that it is healthier than he is used to eating!

Great!

So far so good! They have a lot of activities and they check on her regularly. It's the best value that we could find. She likes the activities. They have exercise programs and shopping and outings. She plays bingo and goes to the little get togethers they have.

Located in in the Highland Park neighborhood, one of Birmingham’s most beautiful, historic areas, Greenbriar at the Altamont offers a unique view in retirement living. Unlike other senior living communities, Greenbriar extends a true neighborhood experience, with leisurely sidewalks, charming streetlights, quiet parks and gently restored historic homes just a stroll away. Greenbriar is also convenient to both five-star restaurants and neighborhood bistros; hospitals; community attractions; and great shopping!