Grace Presbyterian Village - Dallas, TX

My family chose this facility because of the good rating it received but our experience was not good. My Mother was transferred from the hospital to the skilled nursing unit at Grace Presbyterian Village in Dallas to recover from pneumonia and she did not receive her antibiotic or breathing treatment for 1 week that was ordered from the hospital. We asked the doctor in charge of her care at Grace how this could happen and he said that the nurses did not put the medication on the med list and they had a big turn over of nurses and when we spoke to the nursing supervisor she did not seem concerned about the situation. I definitely would not recommend this facility.

Grace Presbyterian Village

Kim, we’re disappointed to learn that your experience at Grace Presbyterian Village was anything but satisfactory. I believe our success as a community comes from the confidence residents and their families have in our ability to provide professional, compassionate care and supports. Our nurses are trained to follow strict policies and procedures on all new admissions. Upon admission, the physician’s orders are transcribed, medications are ordered from the Pharmacy and administered to our patients as prescribed. We’d very much like to speak with you to discuss your concerns further. Please contact the community to discuss, or we can arrange an in-person meeting if you’d prefer.

Mom liked this community

The rehabilitation part of this community was nice. The staff were good and took good care of mom. They did bring meals to her room so they were not always hot, however mom did not complain about the food. They updated this community and it is beautiful. This community also offers nursing home care and assisted living.

Grace Presbyterian Village

We were happy to have had the opportunity to care for your mother while she was here at Grace Presbyterian Village. Thank you for taking some time to share your thoughts, which will no doubt help others who are searching for senior living options. We wish you the very best!

This was a good move for me.

They offer a lot of daily activities. The staff at this community are nice and helpful. The food is good and they offer a variety of choices. The community is clean and well maintained. Living at this community allows you access to Dart Transportation. I would recommend this community.

Not Good Fit For My Mom, But a Nice Community Overall

Unfortunately this community wasn't a good fit for my mother and her needs. They did try their best to care for her, and make her comfortable. The staff was kind and very friendly. The community looks nice, they do a good job with the cleanliness. This is a community I would recommend. Even though it didn't work out for us, it is still a nice community.

Highly recommend Grace Presbyterian Village

We found Grace through a friend who had just moved her mother there. After touring, I immediately called my sister and we visited together a few days later. It had everything we needed and the people were genuinely friendly and caring of the residents, not putting on a show for us as we'd seen at some other facilities. It's a lovely place in a very pretty setting, and the perfect size for our needs. I will confess it never occurred to me to even look in this area because it wasn't as convenient to where I live, but that became irrelevant after visiting and seeing what they had to offer.

We moved our mother to the memory care unit about 10 days ago and she's adjusting very well. She always comments about how nice and pretty it is, and she loves the view from her window overlooking a garden area. And she really likes the food! The improvement in her overall demeanor has been amazing to see in such a short time. We know she's in the right place and receiving good care.

Grace has a lot of programs and activities during the week and the staff is very good about encouraging residents to participate, which is important to us. Our friend said she saw Mom go into a program the other day and someone was playing 'No Business Like Show Business' on the piano, and she stopped and did a little tap dance before sitting down. I've never seen her do that. (She doesn't even know how to tap dance.)

It's well worth your time to check it out.

This is a wonderful place for Memory Care.

Excellent Care

I love this place and the staff! I placed my husband here in the Memory Care Unit and he is doing very well. Their care and attention is superb. They have the same caregivers during the week so that a rapport/relationship can be developed. I like their attention to details and the individual care and attention they give to the residents. I highly recommend Grace Presbyterian Village Memory Care Unit for those in need of this type of care.

Great experience.

I was treated very respectfully. I ate lunch with 3 residents who were very friendly and informative. The representative that gave me the tour answered all my questions. She was professional and warm. I felt very comfortable with her. The overall experience was excellent.

Wonderful - Residents Seemed Happy

It's a wonderful place, it really is, but it was quite a bit more expensive depending on the degree of help and nursing care a person needs. The other thing I didn't like she would be living in just one room with a bathroom - a studio. I didn't like the idea of her living in just one room but I may go back and talk to them again because it seemed really nice. All the residents seemed happy and everyone knew everyone else by name.