Crescent Place - Cedar Hill, TX

Family

We are currently looking for a better place. The food is terrible and most of the time my loved one can't eat it. The food is always cold and over cooked. They get her medication wrong and when its discussed with management all we get is excuses and no resolution. I would not recommend this facility to anyone.

Expensive / Has Memory Care / Offers laundry services / Visiting PT and Dentist

A wonderful home!

My 93 year old mother found purpose, comfort, care and friends at Crescent Place. My husband and I visited at least 3 times a week and never did I see her unhappy or neglected. Crescent Place became her home and the people there, her extended family. The atmosphere is always lively and friendly and there are activities for the residents to enjoy. Mom enjoyed the daily games and weekly visits from local pastors and musicians. The facility was clean and Mom's room was large, bright and cheery. The nurses and director loved my mother and were so kind to her. They took pictures when I couldn't make a activity and always made sure I saw them. When my son got married, it was actually one of the receptionists that took the sweetest picture of her. I don't have enough words to tell how wonderful this facility is. When Mom was struggling in her last days, she was able to pass away in her own room at Crescent Place with her family surrounding her. As her family, we were surrounded with loving care and received support, prayers, kind words and so many hugs. This facility, the director, nurses and staff will forever be a huge part of my heart. In fact, I still visit mom's friends and I'm still loved on, every time I walked through the door. I highly recommend Crescent Place to anyone looking for quality, loving care for their loved one and a place that feels like home.

Very nice facility, well maintained, food service was good, plenty of activities, residents were engaging, nice movie theater, monthly calendar available, helpful staff.

Care and Value

We like this community. The staff is outstanding and they keep me informed on any changes. The community is clean with a nice atmosphere. They offer a good variety of healthy meals. There are activities that are offered to the residents who want to participate. We would highly recommend this community for the care and the nice values for other families members seeking care.

Comfortable stay!

My loved one is enjoying her stay! The facility is clean and the staff take great care of her. She gets good meals and likes to participate in activities. She is very comfortable!

Good Experience

This is a very nice community. My tour of it went well. Everyone was very kind, and welcoming. Good experience overall.

Beautiful place. Price is within budget. Close to home. Did not meet but one staff member.

Good Choice!

My mother has been adjusting well since the move to the Crescent Place.The staff as far as I know is very nice and helpful. The place is very clean. The meals are okay, a lot of times what they have on the menu is not what they serve. Other than that the community is doing a good job of taking care of my mother and we are all pleased with them.

I Took A Tour!!

The Crescent Place we liked. The staff was informative and answered all of my questions. They took us around the building and through the rooms. The place was nice but overall not what we needed at the moment.

GREAT PLACE

They have great people there. They try very hard when it comes to business, but I do realize their busy. I have to stay on top of that. It is a really good place and my dad even likes it. He's very comfortable there.

Disappointing

The food is not appropriate for older people. The food is too salty, which causes my loved one's ankles to swell and is not good for people with high blood pressure. They serve too much red meat and pork and not enough chicken or fish. When the residents do get chicken and fish, it's often fried! The meat is too tough to chew and too tough to cut.

The menu that Crescent Place publishes at the beginning of each week is often not the food actually served. The menus seem designed to make outsiders think that the residents are getting better care than they actually get.

Would not recommend

Our experience with Crescent Place was not a good one. We had a big health scare when they fed my loved one something she was very allergic to, and when everything was over they seemed confrontational and not very apologetic about what happened. I found the management to be uncommunicative and unhelpful in general. I wouldn't recommend it, we moved my loved one out.

They have been wonderful so far.

They have been wonderful so far. We are very happy with them. I don't have any complaints at all so far. I would give them five out of five. Everything has been great.

I think it's going as well as expected.

I think it's going as well as expected. So far so good. No major complaints, at this point. It's nice, they just redid the place, some repainting and things. The food is good. I think it's working out well.

Nice place, overall

My loved one was only at Crescent Place for a short time, it turns out she wasn't quite at the stage where she needed assisted living, but overall I thought they did a good job here. The facility is clean and well kept, and the staff is friendly and professional. We did have one incident with a bit of a false alarm where an ambulance was called, but otherwise our experience was a good one.

Crescent Point was more than what we were expecting. My step-mom loved it so that we signed the lease and put down a deposit that very day. I want to thank you for all of your support and help.

Just Fair

This place is just fair overall. The facility is promising and has a lot of potential. More activities should be offered and the food is not that great.

Improving and Willing to See What Happens

My Dad is a resident at Crescent Place. They do have new owners as of a few weeks ago and I am encouraged by them. I have complained to them and they seem to be addressing the issues promptly. The food was one issue to contend with. The service was slow and the food portions were too small. I have heard other residents complain about the same food issues. I do eat with my Dad on occasion and the food tastes just okay. The staff is really good with the residents and I haven't noticed any form of neglect of them. I am truly encouraged with the new owners and I trust they will be addressing the issues. I must say that the residents are very warm and friendly.

Something I really like about it is t...

Something I really like about it is that the people there seem very caring friendly, by how they treat everyone. They are very patient. She is in the memory unit. For instance, at dinner they very patiently take them and find them their spot. Noone was in a hurry.

They have been very helpful with her medication and switching doctors.

The location is close to my brothers and my homes.

Top Rating

I want to give them a top rating.

Excellent Place to Put a Loved One

We looked at only a few places, but Crescent Point seemed like the best place for our loved one. It is really an excellent place. It is an average size community, not too big and not too small. I was really impressed with the quiet and peacefulness -- another place we looked at was incredibly noisy. There are many places for the residents to gather and visit, both inside and outside, that are decorated and clean. There is a very pleasant atmosphere. The food looks good for the most part, it looks like they have variety, but I have seen a lack of fresh fruits. Otherwise, it has been the best pick so far.

Friendly staff and director

For the most part we've had a pretty good experience with Crescent Point! We were a little concerned as they had some major staff turnover shortly after we moved our loved one, but so far the new director seems good, and the staff are all very nice. They're still working a few things about but for the most part everything has gone fine. One issue they could work on a bit is that while the common areas are kept very clean, there doesn't seem to be a set schedule for when the individual rooms get cleaned, and my loved one's has been dirty when I have visited.

Crystal - LMA - Expensive b...

Crystal - LMA - Expensive but nice

Daddy's new home

Our family has been very pleased with the care Daddy has been given at Crescent Place. This was our first experience with Assisted Living, and Crescent Place made the process so easy. Everyone from the Front desk, to the caregivers in the dining room, to the cleaning staff , to Maintenance goes out of their way to make sure all Daddy's needs are met.. We now have peace of mind that Daddy is being taken care of 24/7. Our family can now have the quality time with Daddy, that use to be spent on being the caregiver. There is "No place like home", but Crescent Place comes pretty close!

Very nice place but the mea...

Very nice place but the meals could have a little more variety.

Very Pretty but Too Expensive for Us

It's a very pretty place. I think we would have loved to have my husband in there but believe it or not, it was even more expensive than the $4300 we were paying. It was farther away from me too.

Liked this facility very mu...

Liked this facility very much, but felt it might not work for my step-father, who isn't quite ready for full memory care but still might start wandering off. The door at this facility aren't locked during the day.

Somewhat institutional. Long hall wa...

Somewhat institutional. Long hall ways, nice secure area, did not satisfy my need to know that mother would be provided with food she would like.

Crescent Place
225 W. Pleasant Run Rd., Cedar Hill, TX 75104
Discover Texas hospitality and a friendly staff at Crescent Place, offering Assisted Living and Memory Care services in Cedar Hill, Texas, just moments from major Texas sports venues, great shopping, dining and more.