Grace Assisted Living at Meridian - Meridian, ID

This is a lovely facility - clean, pleasant, and the people I've seen have given the impression they are happy to be there. The staff is friendly and treat the residents with kindness and respect.

Small bedrooms!!

I had taken a tour of this community with my mom and this was not her first choice. The apartments looked at were smaller than some other communities.

My mother is 93 in a wheel chair and has been there 7 months. They have lost her dentures (after stating in writing they would remove and clean every night) lost her glasses and even lost the picture of them I provided to help find them. They recommended I get her an alarm so she does not get up on her own and fall, they lost it four times or have it turned off. They only change her Depends twice a day so she is in constant pain from a bad rash. She went in to the hospital for pneumonia and they informed Grace she needed oxygen, sent over the orders on a Friday before noon, called to verify they had it taken care of, they said yes. I showed up at 7:30 to check on her and NO oxygen. Had to handle it myself until almost midnight or she would have been without for days. This could have put her back in the hospital or [removed] her. I talked to the staff but no one came to fix the problem they created. The best way to describe this place is a torcher chamber for the elderly. If you love your elderly family members do not consider this [removed[.

Helpful and Friendly Staff

It has only been four weeks since my loved one moved in, so it is hard to give a proper review. We do not visit everyday, but the food is good. The staff seems very helpful and friendly. My mother is in the memory care unit.

Review of Grace Assisted Living Memory Care Residence in Meridian, ID

You not only have my mother in-law there, but my dad was there for 3 years. I would highly recommend anyone that wants the best care for their loved one to go to Grace Assisted Living. It was clean and friendly and the best care you could get. The staff are very caring and loving toward my loved one and very friendly and caring to us as we went through the process of finding a place where our loved one could be.

They seem to be doing a pretty good job.

They seem to be doing a pretty good job. I don't have any complaints about how clean it's kept or how friendly the staff is. I don't get complaints about the food. It's nice that if there ever is an issue they are on top of correcting it right away.

Run Don't Walk From This Warehouse

The management of Grace Warehousing is HORRIBLE.
The memory care in Meridian was a nightmare for 2 years until we suddenly pull our mother out. The turnover of staff is higher that most places, we went through 8 memory care mangers in that time, and too many to count caregivers. Hence the degree of injuries and lack of care is higher. The sound levels in there makes for more agitation for the dementia people. The kitchen staff turn was high so quality of food was affected by that. The female that owns these places seems to only care about her $$$ even though you don't have to pay what other in the area charge. Do your homework before thinking about warehousing your loved one here.

Nice place, overall

So far we're pleased with how things have gone with Grace Assisted Living. Everything seems pretty good for the most part! It's a nice looking, clean place, and the staff take good care of the people who live here. I know it is an enormous job and so far I am completely satisfied with the job they've done.

Grace is the only choice for my love ones

I have had the privlage of having my father at Grace Assisted Living for the last three years of his life and I loved the way the staff took such wonderful care of him, plus the site was always clean and friendly. When it was time for my mother in-law there was not any other place I would want to take her but Grace. So I have been blessed not once but twice for the people that work with my loved ones at Grace. I would highly recomend Grace for anyone that has to place their loved one in an assistant living care unit.

A Second Home for Mom

When my father passed away we had to move my mom, who had mild dementia at the time, out of her home of 43 years in Idaho Falls and move her to the Boise area. She lost everything she had ever known in a matter of weeks and with the dementia it was even more difficult for her. She lived with us for a year but we just couldn't keep her safe while we were at work and our kids were at school. Through the help of "A Place for Mom" we were referred to Grace Assisted Living and one other assisted living center. We looked at both and were amazed at the level of instant love and kindness we all felt by the staff at Grace.

Mom has been there for almost 2 years now and although her memory is decreasing at an alarming rate and she can be a little difficult at times, she is still treated with compassion and kindness by all of the staff. All of her needs are taken care including cooking, laundry, cleaning her room, daily activities, and they even have a beautician and church services. She loves playing bingo every day and the consistency makes it much easier on her.

The staff at Grace are professionals with a heart. They have not only given her a better quality of life but have drastically decreased the stress and anxiety on our family knowing that she's cared for by such great people. Thank you GRACE!

Beautiful building, kind a...

Beautiful building, kind and loving staff. Minis moving there in a couple weeks.

Really great place driving ...

Really great place driving distance would be a factor.

Caring and Comfortable

In the past month, Mother has been in 3 homes. Wished we had found Grace first. She is between MC and Assisted.not MC, Willow Park said she was MC, and not angry like the Certified Family home said. She just needed people who care and can help her with her limitations.
The other thing is how Grace charges. It's one price, you don't have to go through the bill and find $4,200 for a community fee, that they can't explain, but kept when we moved out of the memory care, where the didn't get mother up until 11 AM at times!! It cost $9,000. for 3 weeks to stay there and the food wasn't like the Assisted side, it wasn't fresh, and not good. Be very careful of Willow Park in Boise. Grace is wonderful, the food, they will take your wishes in mind if you don't want a lot of starches, carbs, and are trying to make it fresh. They listen and try.

When you explore Grace Assisted Living at Meridian you will find that this is a very loving, and patient environment for those dealing with any type of memory problem. Located in Idaho, there are many opportunities to get out each week, and explore the city where you live in Grace Assisted Living at Meridian. Senior living at Grace includes many fun activities and meals that many of the residents look forward to each day. All care plans are detailed with input from the actual resident to ensure that the needs are met in a way that includes each resident. We have a great respect for the elderly population, and we work with our residents to provide the right level of care. One of the things that sets us apart from other senior care is the fact that we allow pets into our residence setting. There is a courtyard, and many other animal friendly places where you can spend time with your pet. This can allow a senior to take a pet friend with them as they make this huge transition. This can make the process easier, and you will have less resistance from your loved one. All housekeeping needs and laundry needs are provided at our assisted living center. Relieving some of the burden of daily chores can provide senior citizens with more energy to do the things they love each day. They will not have to worry about preparing meals, or picking up. These are things that are included in their stay at no extra charge.