The Cottages of Meridian - Meridian, ID

My dad is doing great since being here it's only been a little over a month but he seems to be settling in. He is starting to do some activities and going on some of the bus rides they provide. He enjoys his room it's plenty big enough for him he likes to mainly sit in there and watch his tv which is fine. He is eating 3 meals a day and I have had no complaints about the food so I am assuming he likes it. The staff seems to be friendly and nice. I would recommend this community.

The Tour

I thought they were a nice and clean community. I did not see any problems and the person who gave me the tour was on time and professional. I was just looking for a place that was convenient for me to travel around.

My tour

The people we met at this community during our tour were nice. I was not impressed, however the community seemed clean. This community did not have an opening and it was smaller than what we thought mom would have liked.

Our new home

This is a great community We are happy with the commnity being so clean. The food appears to be good. They have alot of great activities My wife and I are adjusting to the new living community We would recommend others to a great place to live.

This is a memory care community.

My dad was not at this community very long due to his medical condition. He was becoming a little inappropriate with some of the female staff and they did not like it as some of them brought their children to work and they saw this. The community is fairly clean and they did encourage him to participate in some of the activities. We were able to change his medicine, however they asked him to leave before we could try the new medication.

My Aunt Is Much Better Here

My aunt is doing much better here at this facility. It is a lot better than the community she was at. For the most they do a good job with the cleanliness. There is a bad smell in her room, they are working to fix this. The staff is pretty good, they are kind. There are activities offered for the residents. She is eating very well, they told me she is their best eater. The care is fair. Overall she is much better here at this community. So I would recommend this community.

Met All Our Needs

We are very pleased with this community and everything they have done for us. My mother in law is doing very well and she seems to like the community. It is a very nice looking place. All the areas are nice and clean.They have a very great staff, they are very helpful and kind. There are good activities for the residents to participate in when they are ready. She does not like the food, it needs more flavor, and wider selection of food. This is community has met all our needs and they are caring for my mother in law very well. I would highly recommend it.

Nice looking place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. We saw quite a few places, and this one was near the top of our list. They did a very nice job with the environment of the community, it was very pleasant. It was very clean, and there were no odors in either their assisted living or memory care sections. They are definitely worth a look if you are looking into senior care in the area.

all in all, we are happy

I recently visited my mom at The Cottages of Meridian over Thanksgiving. I know that there had to have been some staff out on holiday so that probably affects some of what I saw, but I did notice an unbalanced ratio of staff to residents, and also saw that the residents were for the most part sitting around watching television. I think it would have been good to have seen them getting up and moving, involved in some activities.
The food was exceptionally good.
All in all we're happy with it.
While I love the community and they have good food and staff, during my visit, I noticed certain things that concerned me. While I was there for three days during the Thanksgiving weekend, I noticed that there was very few staff available outside of care aides that were present, and felt there should have been more staffing in the Memory Care wing where my mom lives. Also, I did not like that there were no activities for the residents to do outside of just watching TV. The main thing that bothered me though, was the fact that the community has not yet complied with my request to supply a lock for my mother's door to her room. Mom is very anxious and paranoid, and is unable to feel secure at the community because she knows her door does not locked and anyone can walk in. I feel that my mom should have that extra security, so she can feel comfortable using the bathroom and changing her clothes.

I think are probably one of the best choices in the area.

It’s a very convenient location in a beautiful neighborhood. The staff is very caring and nice. I really like Heather who is the director and who is nice and fun. They go on different field trips every other week. The food seems very good. I think are probably one of the best choices in the area.

They are good. They are clean and friendly.

They are good. They are clean and friendly. So far everything has gone great. She hasn't complained about the food and she seems to be putting on a little weight. It seemed more family oriented place not like an apartment. She's not just a number in a room. We liked the security offered here.

Very Disappointed

My dad was here. Very modern and a lot more expensive and they just couldn't handle him. They kept saying that they could handle him and then he would have a couple of bad days and they'd ask me to hire someone to help them. I ended up hiring someone to come in and I spending a lot of money to keep a part time CNA there. They basically just lied through their nose to me, saying they could handle him when they couldn't. They have a very nice place, yes, but the help is just ridiculous. The manager out there is brand new. She's never had any experience with that. I was very very disappointed.

The cottages of meridian

I love this place! As soon as i walked in, i new this was the place for my mom. Heather the director was beyond great to work with. All the staff is awesome!
It felt like a home. Everything was clean, all the residents looked happy, healthy, clean.

Everyone needs to think about retirement communities at one time or another, even if it's only for yourself. Our community is one you or your children will make happy for having found the very best. Most of all you want quality. The Cottages of Meridian are what everyone wants to see, in a retirement community. Located in Meridian Idaho, it is one of various locations with all the amenities and activities anyone would want in an enhanced living community. There is a lot of entertainment to be had, and there are physical activities as well. Lots of peer directed activities are available for people of various ages and capabilities. This Idaho corporation takes care in hiring only the very best employees. They're screened the way you would want any employee to be if you were hiring them personally. Weekly meetings are held to make sure that employees are well-adjusted and happy with their employment and give only the very best of care. You and your loved ones can be assured of the ultimate respect and sensitivity towards the people living there. So, if your parent, loved one or you are completely independent, or has some or even great memory loss, the employees are trained to understand and treat clients with the very best of care. When you think about retirement living, either for yourself or perhaps you are thinking of something for your parents, think of us. Whatever the case our living community is the quality and value you are looking for.