Governor's Glen Memory Care Assisted Living - Forest Park, GA

MY MOM

Governor's Glen has been very much a surprise, they all sound good when they are being interviewed but they have been what they said they would be

Governor’s Glen

Governor’s Glen provides a very nice and clean living environment for the residents.

[Name removed] was very knowledgeable and provided a lot of information to be able to make an informative decision. Everyone we met during the tour was warm, caring and friendly. The entire environment was warm and comforting with a home feeling.

Andrew, marketing staff excellent, but facility well maintained, but nothing stood out..as this is the place.

My mothers care

I really do like know that the care here is great for my mom. She likes knowing that it is the same community when she is not at home to get care at home. The staff is wonderful. The meals are outstanding and she likes to participate in the activities. We would recommend this community to families who want good care.

Governor's Glen was nice and serene. The facility size seemed just right for my love one. The staff was attentive and friendly. It is a nice place to consider.

It's nice, and mom is adapting well.

It's nice, and mom is adapting well. No major complaints so far. The food is very good, she loves the food. We had Thanksgiving there, and they had it set up very nicely, and the food was lovely, and it always smells delicious.

The person my sister and I were to tour with, [Removed], with was not there. We toured with a Team Lead. Andrew later called and stated he had us down for a different date. We disagree on the scheduled tour date. Even with this issue, the opportunity to for them to make a good impression was lost. Andrew never offered to schedule another date. Though the Lead we toured seemed great, the other employees seemed less than enthusiastic (understatement) during our greetings. There was only one employee that greeted us with an energetic smile. During the tour, the Lead asked an employee to assist a resident with getting ready for bed at the direction of the resident's daughter. The employee tasked with the responsibility never ONCE verbally acknowledged the lead. She eventually slowly (again, an understatement) strolled to the resident's room to assist with an expressionless look her face. In my opinion, she had absolutely no sense of urgency. Additionally, I asked the daughter of this same resident if she was pleased with the care being provided to her mother. Her answer was, after a pause, "We have had some issues. You have to REALLY stay on top of them." My sister and I concluded that this is NOT the place for my father. Andrew did contact me again a few days later to follow up. I did share all of my concerns with him.

My Mother's Respite is Going Very Well

Everything is working our very well for my mother with her respite stay here at this community. She is doing wonderful, I know she is in good hands. They are taking very good care of her and her needs. The community looks nice and well maintained. Overall it has been a great experience. This is a wonderful community.

RUN AWAY

Worst place on the planet....No nursing staff in 2015 alone they went through about 4 to 5 nurses...no one would stay on staff. Staff is unprofessional, Med techs are not bright enough to pass exam. some are not certified to pass medication. Staff took forever to clean my mother and that was because they are always short staff. ED never leaves her office to address concerns. Felt rush when attempted to try and tell them the error in their ways....RUN....

Amazingly Friendly

They were all just real friendly and they made it a point to know you when you walk in. They made the transition for my loved one nice. They just personally know all the patients and the family members.

Friendly and Helpful

They are very friendly and they are open to help with anything you ask them to. I think they need to do a better job with the resident's personal items, as far as keeping up with them and not getting them confused with other resident's items.

5 stars!

Overall our experience with Governor's Glen has been a good one! I'd give them high marks across the board. It's clean, well kept, and the people are friendly. We really have no complaints!

It's clean, and the staff is friendly.

It's clean, and the staff is friendly. They do some word games and things. But I don't think he gets to get out very much. I would like to see a few more crafts. I would like to see more encouragement to do the projects. They were a little less expensive than the other places.

nice facility, could use better memory care

They could use people that are more experienced with handling those who have Alzheimers and Dementia. There has been a gap there that they would do well to fill.

Other than that they have been ok. The facility itself is very nice and well kept.

Good place from what we saw!

The food at the facility was good, the staff made our decision easy, and the facility was in a location that was convenient.

Excellent memory care!

I think they're doing a great job at Govern'er's Glen! They're very knowledgeable about the care and needs of their patients, and really do an excellent job taking care of those with memory issues. The facility itself is very clean and well kept, and the staff are all friendly and caring. I also like that they put a lot of effort and preparation into their meals. They serve a lot of natural foods and a good selection of vegetables.

Very nice looking community

We toured this location when we were looking into care options for my loved one. I really liked the look of the community and it would have been my first choice, but unfortunately they were at maximum capacity for non-ambulatory residents. It was a beautiful community, and the staff I met were all very caring and professional.

Governor's Glen is a perfect fit for my aunt!

Becky at Governor's Glen really made the admission and move-in process as easy as possible for us. There was no red tape, and they understood our money and time constraints, as well as the care needs for my aunt. They helped us work out every detail. My aunt's room was painted and cleaned in quick fashion, and ready for her to move in. They even loaned us a hospital bed until hospice delivered one. The caregivers are very friendly and helpful also. They make an effort to ask questions so that they can take good care of my aunt. We appreciate that!

Governor's Glen is very cle...

Governor's Glen is very clean and inviting. It feels like a home with all of the care available that my aunt will need. The food smelled wonderful, and the kitchen was also very clean. The rooms were very large, and there appears to be a high level of personal care in the units with the lower functioning patients. We are very thrilled that we will be able to afford to have my aunt cared for in such a nice place during her last days.

They do a good job

They're very good, they do an excellent job being that they deal with memory cases only. I think they do an excellent job, I don't think there's anything they could do better.

Location good. Comfortable...

Location good. Comfortable facility. Good resident mix. Staffing on the low side.

If I were to move my mother...

If I were to move my mother, this would be the place. The staff made me feel very comfortable. The only reason I am not moving her is that her current facility is willing to work with me on the financial part.

Governor's Glen opened in 1999 as an exclusive Alzheimer's/memory impaired assisted living community. Its founder and owner, Dr. Paul A. Colon, was a caregiver for his mother, Millie Michaels, who passed away from Alzheimer's Disease in 1997. Becoming an ALFA certified developer, he used his experience and knowledge to help design an assisted living residence that looks and feels like a home, not a hospital or hotel. Dr. Colon learned through his experience with his mother that socialization is the key to survival for a person with Alzheimer's. His mother was staying at home receiving 24-hour care when she fell and broke her hip in 1993. She was almost non-verbal and had lost much weight prior to her fall. But with a stay at a rehab facility, receiving social stimulation, she began showing signs of cognitive improvement. Dr. Colon was inspired to build a place for his mom, a place where residents would be loved and cared for and safe. His mother passed away before the dream could be realized for her, but her picture hangs over the fireplace in the parlor at Governor's Glen, with a plaque inscribed: "Dedicated to the memory of Millie Michaels and all those who have endured the challenges of memory impairment." Though she succumbed to Alzheimer's Disease, her legacy lives on today.