Benton Village of Stockbridge - Stockbridge, GA

Happy with Benton Village

Benton Village is a great facility. They are attentive and kind to my Mother who needs more assistance than some of the other residents. The staff has helped her adjust to leaving her home of 30 years. We think this facility is a great find!

It was a very nice place, but with the care fees added, way out of our price range.

A good tour

This is a nice clean community. This community allows pets. The person that took us on tour was helpful. My parents did not like that there was a big long hallway as they did not want to do that much walking.

The property was very nice and the staff were very friendly. The residents looked happy and well taken care of. Unfortunately, they do not have an opening in their adult daycare program.

5 stars across the board

I can not say enough about how good this community is. The staff are very good and friendly. My aunt seems to like the food and they offer a good variety of choices. The community is clean and they offer daily activities. I would recommend looking into this community.

Friendly People!

My tour of this community went very well. The people were very friendly, the residents seemed happy and the place was very clean. The staff answered all of my questions. After my tour, they send me letters in the mail inviting me to go and have a meal with them. Overall very nice community.

We love the friendly atmosphere. The staff gets to know each participant personally and makes sure that they connect with the other participants.

5 STARS!

Benton Village has been a blessing for us & my 92 year old mom-in-law. The staff is so friendly & helpful. They encourage residents to join in on their activities & the food is excellent. My husband's mom was hesitant at first, but settled in the first week & started making friends with other residents. She LOVES the kitchen in her apartment.

I have used Benton Village for respite and day care. I find the staff very friendly and caring. It is a little pricey for respite. There are plenty of activities to keep the residents busy and engaged. The activities director does a wonderful job at planning both indoor and outdoor activities. The residents really seem to enjoy it.

A Good Place For My Mother

This is a nice community, this is a good community. It is a nice looking community, they do a good job with the cleanliness. The staff for the most part is well, but the temps. they hire sometimes could use some improvement. There are nice activities offered for the residents. The food has been an issue. My mother would like no salt on her meals, but the staff has not been the best at accommodating this. It is a bit expensive. Overall this is a community I would recommend.

Benton House

Thank you so much for your time and for sharing your experience. Our Benton House Village of Stockbridge team is always available to help if you have any questions and please call us. Please know we would like to hear more about ways we can better serve your mom at our community. We strive to provide quality service to all our senior living residents and we thank you for being part of our Benton Village family! - Benton Village of Stockbridge

Delighted With The Care

This is a nice community that provided outstanding care. The staff were good to us. The facility is very much clean, all the time. I had to move my aunt due to a price increase. The monthly amount did not fit her budget. She is now closer to me and I would recommend this community to anyone.

Good Adult Day Care

My father goes to this community for their adult day care services. So far everything is working out well and I'am pleased. This is a nice looking community, it is well maintained. They have a good staff here, they kind and attentive. There many activities offered through out the day. He is satisfied with the meals. I know he is safe and in good hands when he is here. This is a community I would recommend for their adult day care.

Mom likes the place

I like the place and I think that Mom likes it there too. The staff and administration are always pleasant and available to help. The building is clean and well maintained. My Mom seems to find it comfortable there.

Benton House

Benton Village of Stockbridge would like to thank you time and feedback! Our senior living team is happy to hear your mom is comfortable and please know we are always available if your family needs anything or has questions! Thank you again for sharing about your experience at our senior living community! – Benton Village of Stockbridge

Truly an awesome Christian assisted living home. However, it's more expensive than Autumn Leaves a month.

Benton House

Benton Village of Stockbridge senior living community is so happy to hear your positive feedback! Please know our team is always available if you have any questions. We also welcome the opportunity to discuss any of our financing options available for families including information on Veteran’s Assistance. Thank you again for your time! - Benton House

good activities, challenges with menu

The activities at Benton Village of Stockbridge are very good. They usually have something going on every day.

We are having some problems right now with the menus. My husband is diabetic and should be on a salt-free diet. We also do not eat pork or fish because of our religion. So we ended up having cold sandwiches with potato chips seven days a week. I do wish they would accommodate our dietary needs and requests better.

It's ok

Benton Village has just been ok. We haven't had any bad problems, but nothing has run really smoothly, either.

Benton House

Benton Village of Stockbridge would like to thank you for sharing your feedback. Our team would like to learn more about what we are doing right and on the areas where we need to improve. Benton Village values your comments and we would like to discuss more about your experience. Please contact our corporate office at: [removed] so we learn more. Thank you again for your time! – Benton Village

Would NOT recommend. Terrible food.

We had a terrible experience here, I wouldn't recommend moving here to anyone. The food was absolutely awful. 90% of it just heated up frozen dishes that are prepared off-site. Even after a change of chefs it was still the same pre-prepared food. We had to leave eventually, I couldn't handle eating that food every day.

Excellent respite care

My loved one was here only briefly for respite care, but I think Benton Village did an excellent job overall. The people were friendly, and the facility itself was well kept and clean.

Seemed nice

We got there for a tour and when we got in to talk with someone they had no clue who we were or why we were there. There was bad communication with them about knowing we were coming. The place itself looked nice enough, but the coordination and communication could use some work.

Dissapointed

My loved one has been there for almost a year. The food is cooked in another building and rolled over to the dinning room for my loved one. The food sits in steamers for 30 minutes to 1 hour prior to serving. Therefore everything is over cooked. The portions are too small. Dessert portions are really small. There is no variety. When my loved one asked for more she waits 15 minutes or longer. I have mingled with many residents and the only complaint I hear about is "food" "food" "food". The residents are very unhappy with Benton Manor mostly because of the food. This isn't the cheapest facility, and we are now looking to place our loved one in a new facility. Too bad because the staff is wonderful. The Activity director also needs to shake things up once in a while. All there is, is bingo and ice cream socials on site.

Even though I had a 6 PM appointment no one was at the desk by the front door when I came in. Waited about 10 min. for a aid to come by and ask if I needed help. Memory Care Residents were sitting around in chairs/Wheel Chairs in front of a TV. No aids in area. Older community that could use some sprucing up. Staff to resident ratio was maintained at state requirements.

Benton House

Thank you so much for your time and comment. Benton Village of Stockbridge apologizes that a team member was not available to greet you when you first arrived at our senior living community. Community Life is very important to our Benton Village Community. Please know we have a full time Activity Director in our Memory Care neighborhood with a schedule of events posted for our residents and family members to participate in daily. Benton Village invites you to be our special guest at our next monthly party so you can experience and learn more about our special events! For more information please contact our Home Office at: [removed]. Thank you again for sharing!
- Benton Village of Stockbridge

Food is an issue

Food is a real problem. Not too many fesh options available. Seems to be a lot of frozen food and lots of starch and pasta. There are a lot of residents that complain but the staff is very slow to make changes. The desserts are very small and there is no variety!! No diabetic menu either. The only dessert option for diabetics is vanilla ice cream every day/night. The food and dessert portions can be small too. They even ran out of spaghetti sauce one evening and served the noodles with no sauce! Because of continuous complaints, management has made a few intermittent improvements. But, overall, they have a ways to go in the food department. It's a shame that the residents have to keep complaining to foster change. Why doesn't management get involved and do the right thing!!

Hello,

Benton Village of Stockbridge would like to thank you for sharing your experience. We value your important concerns and feedback. Please know we are taking action so our Benton Village team can exceed the exceptions of our residents and guests in all areas including dining. Please contact our Home Office at: [removed] for additional dialog. Thank you again for your time. –Benton Village of Stockbridge

Seemed nice, but not a good fit for us

We used Benton Village for a brief respite stay. Overall I think the community did a good job with the services that they provide, unfortunately it just was not a good fit for my loved one. The staff all seemed friendly and attentive, and the facility itself was clean and well kept.

A wonderful referral service

A Place for Mom was a very efficient referral service. The first place I was referred to was the place we settled mom. It was clean, professional, offerred appropriated personnel at appropriate pricing. It was a very wonderful process to go through. Even after Mom was placed, we received several calls from other locations to see if we were still in need. I would refer anyone looking for assisted living services to A Place for Mom.

They were not able to provide the care that we needed.

They were not able to provide the care that we needed. We were only there a short time. My loved one was sent to psychiatric care for being dehydrated. This was not a good experience for us.

Lively group of active seni...

Lively group of active seniors. Benton Manor has a nicer dining room and activity room. Wish it was closer to my home.

Benton House

Our Benton House senior living community team is dedicated to serving families and our residents. Benton House thanks you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback so we can strive to assist families even more! Also, our website is: www.bentonhouse.com for a full list of our senior living locations to see if one is a little closer to you. Please know if you need further assistance you may contact the Home Office at: [removed]. Thank you!

Not impressed

I toured this location when I was looking for options for my loved one and I was not impressed by what I saw. It didn't seem very clean during my tour, and they just walked into someone's room to show it to me during the tour, which didn't seem very respectful. Also, when I walked in the door there was nobody to there to greet or direct me, I had to seek someone out.

Was quite impressed with th...

Was quite impressed with this community. Will definitely keep preferred list.

Lots of talk, no action

To be fair, their needs were different then and they weren't as dependent as they have to be now, it was different circumstances, but there was no consistency. The main problem we had was the med techs not watching him swallow his pills nad he would throw them in the garbage; they would just put them in his hand and walk away. The meals there were horrible, very starchy, nothing fresh, everything was frozen. The called is "fresh frozen" but nothing was really fresh, that was their term I guess. There was a lot of lip service, the cleaning was sporadic and their dementia unit smells like urine 24/7. The assisted living is much better but we felt we got a lot of lip service and really no solutions.

Nice. Too much money.

Nice. Too much money.

Nice. Out of price range.

Nice. Out of price range.

Nice facility Staff seemed happy, Mo...

Nice facility Staff seemed happy, More women than men. Seemed like older people there.

Very nice. Bright and clean. Resident...

Very nice. Bright and clean. Residents appeared very happy with Benton Village. $135/day + $6.00/day to give meds to Mom. Bring TV.

I like Benton House and the rooms the...

I like Benton House and the rooms they showed me were very nice and roomy. I liked the roominess. I will probably go with them.

Residents seemed to be more active, w...

Residents seemed to be more active, were out talking to each other. Most of the smaller rooms didn?t have a sink/counter in room, only the bathroom. Two buildings 3 - 11 years old. Very helpful and wanted me to take tour.

I stopped off to met with Benton Vill...

I stopped off to met with Benton Village in Stockbridge. It was an awesome facility I happened to like Benton's cleanliness, lots of activities,great atmosphere and extremely well- managed. Thought the rooms were spacious but felt the two bedroom was much bigger then required space for parents.

Welcome to Benton Village of Stockbridge! A beautiful community of warmth decorated with fine furnishings, stunning artwork and more often than not the scent of something delicious baking in the kitchen. A place where independence thrives but help is just a call away.

Benton Village of Stockbridge enjoys a full community life with a customized social calendar that includes exercise options, concerts, trips, religious services, cooking classes and more for our residents’ preference! We have a variety of apartment styles in Assisted Living and in our Memory Care Neighborhood to show you! Residents bring their own furnishing and keepsakes so the apartments can truly be their own.

Also, Benton Village offers a full array of services including enjoyable meals, housekeeping and dignified personal assistance by a qualified staff. We value choice and dignity, providing a caring environment where friendships can flourish. When you’re here you’re home!

Benton Village of Stockbridge is located in Henry county, which borders Clayton, Fayette, Rockdale and Newton counties. The address is 201 Evergreen Ter, Stockbridge, GA. Statistics from the US Census Bureau show that the city has a total land area of 13.4 square miles; 99% of which is covered by land and the rest water. The city's elevation stands at 244m above sea level and is served by ZIP 30281.

Climate

Stockbridge receives an average of 49 inches of rainfall per year, ten inches above the national average. The city does not receive rainfall in 74 days of every year. Snowfall is common but does not rise beyond 1.3 inches. Stockbridge is generally a sunny city with fairly hot temperatures. July records the highest temperature in the city of 89.30 degrees Fahrenheit, while January records the lowest 32.0 degrees Fahrenheit. Sperling's comfort index for Stockbridge is 62 out of 100. A higher comfort index indicates a more comfortable year-round climate.

Population

The official population of Stockbridge is 27,328. Her population density stood at 900 people per square mile according to the latest census. People of white race constitute the largest majority of the population at 71.63%. African-Americans are the second most populous race in the city at 20.51% while other communities such as the Native Americans, Asians, Pacific Islanders and other races form the rest of the population. The city has a high female to male ratio with 115 females for every 100 males. The median age of individuals residing in Stockbridge is 36. Almost every resident lives in the urban area.

Transport Facilities

Stockbridge is mainly served by roads and air. A number of highways intersect the city from all sides of the county. The Xpress GA provides local bus services while the Berryl Hill airport provides regional airlifts. Numerous taxi companies and limo services are also available to help you access the city more conveniently. Gold Cab, Cuba Taxi, and Action Limousines are among companies that have good transport rating in the area.

Entertainment facilities

Stockbridge boasts of a number of entertainment facilities, including

- Bowling: Roll bowling balls at Pin Strikes
- Skating: Enjoy indoor roller skating at the Starlite Family Fun Centre of Stockbridge
- Theater: Watch live performances at the Stockbridge Community Arts Center.
- Pool: Take shots at the Racks Billiards
- Car Racing: Experience the thrill of speeding cars at the Ricky Sanders Racing
- Golf: Swing shots at Eagles landing County Club

Health facilities

Stockbride has a wide array of professional medical consultants who ensure quality healthcare is available to all:

- Home Health Care services: New Generation Health Services, K and K Healthcare systems and New Generation Homecare are available to treat you from your home upon your request.
- Medical Diagnostics: Get all your required medical tests done at the Piedmont Henry Breast Health Center
- Mental Health: Apex Family and Healthcare Counseling and Psychiatry services have the best psychiatrists to help solve mental issues
- Women's Health: The Women's Center is dedicated to providing dedicated health care services to women.
- Neurology: The Georgia Spine and Neurologic Center is at the heart of town to solve all your spine-related problems.

Security and Safety

There is a 1 in 371 chance that you will be a victim of violent crime while in Stockbridge, Georgia. Violent crimes are, however, rare in this area. Murder, assault, rape, and robbery are the most prevalent violent crimes in the city. There is also a 1 in 37 probability that you will be a victim of property crime in Stockbridge. Nevertheless, the country has law enforcement on patrol throughout the day and night to make sure residents are always safe.

Attractions

Stockbridge has numerous tourist attractions including:

- Playgrounds and paved walking parks: walk along the Clark Community Park and experience the natural flora and fauna of Georgia.
- Reserves: Reynolds Nature Preserve has different tree and animal species under protection.
- Recreational Centers: Stockbridge has a number of recreational centers such as Cochran park, Rexpark, Nash Farm Park and Morrow lake city recreation that attract tourists from different walks of life.