Golden Years Retirement Home - Lyons, IL

A good fit

Golden Years may not be for everybody,but for the individual that I brought there I felt and still feel that it is a very good fit. Golden years is nothing fancy with what I believe is a portion of residents with some partial physiological disabilities. The place is clean, very friendly and for the cost I do not believe you can find somewhere in the area a better place. It is a very good location which allows the residents to walk or bike to many places to eat if they choose or go to local parks to get away to. The individual in charge at the location really seems to care and is always available for the residents as well as their family. So that being said life is not perfect and neither is Golden Years but I am glad that I found it.

Golden Years Retirement Home

Golden Years is an older facility with a minimum age of 55. While the majority of the staff is friendly and caring there are a couple that leave something to be desired in terms of friendliness and sometimes the staff takes a while to respond to a call for help. But as I said they are mostly friendly and helpful. The food has taken a little while to adjust to and is not always to my liking. However they have let me order out on occasion. I find the cost to be a bit much based on food, care and age of the facility but was all I could afford. Overall it will work, just requires some adjusting regarding schedules, food and personnel. They do help with transportation to and from doctors, pharmacy and manage occasional transport to local Walmart for supplies such as shampoo, laundry detergent, snacks etc.... Management seems caring and flexible according to my needs. So not a bad place to live

Golden Years treats their residents like family!

Golden Years Retirement is a perfect fit for my mom. She has fun with the weekly happy hours and the daily bingo. This location is nice and small, which means the staff knows each of the residents on a personal level. After a couple of months of living there, she told me, "They treat me like family". Hearing my mother say those words means the world to me as I move into the next stage of life. I will be forever grateful to Golden Years Retirement Homes.