Golden Years - Mount Airy, MD

worst place ever

this place its the worse ever, do not take your love ones there. The staff it's very rude and so is the owner. All they care about is how much to rip you off!

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE

This place has no sense of providing care for the residents , first of all the so called nurses that work there if you want to call them nurses dont pay any attention to the residents. They sit in the living room watching TV all day with no activities for the whole week. No hygiene care at all. The main head nurse is rude and unapproachable. They yell and ignore the residents. The owner has the same attitude.
STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE............

This was not the right care home for us!!

This care home did not meet my loved ones needs. The home did not look clean and there were tripping hazards on the floor. The staff seemed nice. The care did not seem to be as well as where he is now. They said this was a secure home, however there was a resident outside.

Nice People

All of the staff members working at the Golden Years place seemed to be very nice people all around. The entire place seems to be alright to me, in my opinion. My loved one was only there for a couple of days though.

Met with Lois Peters today and she is a very nice lady and she is very passionate about her homes. The home is clean but could stand a little paint. I will definitely schedule another meeting so I can bring my mother to view this home. I feel my mother will love the country setting

clean smelling/looking. two twin beds per room. aging structure. saw no activities today. tv on. friendly staff lives on site. 24 hr care. back yard with chain link fence.

Nice place

My loved one was only here for around a month before we had to move her somewhere else due to an illness. They did an adequate job here, and provided the care we wanted, but we weren't particularly impressed by the service. They do a good job of keeping things clean, and the staff were friendly.

I drove to this planned tou...

I drove to this planned tour but did not go inside. The outside was not well kept and I did not get a good feeling about it, no chairs outside, not a welcoming exterior.

One level, half cost of nursing home

One level, half cost of nursing home

This is a very modest home but the ow...

This is a very modest home but the owner and her husband keep the place very neat. I liked that all of the residents were in the shared space when I visited. However, it appeared to be mostly watching TV. The owner provides showers daily and has successfully encouraged everyone to be out of their bedrooms as much as possible. This place is the least expensive of all the ones visited.

I thought the facility was friendly a...

I thought the facility was friendly and clean. She was with us and before we made it out the door she said I will not live here. He also was not as impressed. She does not want to share a room and absolutely hated the shower arrangements.

Our spacious one-level, cozy home offers the basic pleasures of home-style cooking, interaction with a warm, qualified staff, and life enrichment programs. We are half the cost of a nursing home and provide 24 hour care. We also provide respite care and temporary care. Due to the limited number of residents and less turn-overs in staff, the secure environment provides familiarity, consistency, and trust, which is very important to seniors.

We have an in-house Physician, Nurse Practitioner, and Podiatrist. However, because you may be unfamiliar with the physician, we can establish a temporary agreement. Being a small business also allows flexibility to make changes and provide more individual care and attention to each resident.

One of our main attractions is the home style environment surrounding the residents; which includes home-made meals served in a centralized dining area, daily laundry and housekeeping services and planned activities. We engage in annual outdoor barbecues with the families, as well as decorous holiday celebrations. Because we feel that socialization is key to improving life enrichment, children from the local elementary and high schools visit the group home with pleasant enthusiasm.