Glenwood Alzheimer's Special Care Center - Dublin, OH

We love it!!

My father is doing great since his move into Glenwood Alzheimer's Special Care. They understand the disease, and they also help us understand. The staff takes very good care of him. They offer a large variety of activities and do a pretty good job of getting everyone involved. They also do field trips, which is amazing. When we toured, we knew that this would be a great fit for my father.

Poor experience with this community!!

I did not have a pleasant experience with this community at all. The nurses where never pleasant to work with and told me some things which actually helped me make the choice of pulling him out of there and putting him into another place. They told me they could not weigh him everyday which was medically necessary as well as telling me he needed hospice which he is no where needing that. I did not understand why they would not let him wear his jeans that is what my dad always wears and is comfortable in. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Change after a year and a half!

My mom was one of the first residents of Glenwood. At first, in September 2015, the care she received was exceptional, but after about a year and a half and many changes in the staff, the care she received greatly changed. After some circumstances, in which I did not inform my father about, we moved her to another facility in July 2016. She was only there for a few months before passing away.

The friendliness and care we received from some of the staff members was good and the activities coordinator was awesome!

Not the right location..

The Glenwood was a very nice place, and everyone was very friendly. I am sure, for anyone looking for this location this would be a great pick. It would be about an hour drive in traffic for me and we were looking for something closer.

We Are Very Impressed and Happy

We are very very very happy with how great everything has been for my dad. It is just the right place for him, it's keeping his dignity and we can visit him. They're quick on their feet and on top of any concerns, I am very impressed. It is a great place, the staff treat us like family. The director and staff are great, I have nothing but good things to say. We're good and I wouldn't change this for anything.

Don't do it!

We brought my mother from home to Glenwood Alzheimer's care because she needed more care than we can give her at home. She ended up in the ER several times at least four with a deep cut in the back of her head from falling in the bathroom unassisted requiring sutures. And several visits to the ER period with bruises all over her body including black eyes bruises all over her forehead arm buttocks legs and elbow. There are several aggressive residents who have pushed my mom onto the floor as reported by nursing.I have gone several times to find my mother is loaded with soiled pants walking around the facility. I have had to clean her up. There are no washcloths or toilet paper and the bathroom and one requested there were no washcloths available. As my mother's health care POA I have made several phone calls to ask questions about her medications or her care and asked for return phone calls which I have never received from the nurse practitioner or Nursing. They have a very high turnover rate. They have lost their administrator there director of nursing and several nurses and staff since my mother has been there in less than 2 months. I have to keep her in there an extra month because a contract was signed that states that I was to give a 30-day notice before removing my mother or else they will charge a months fee. Annihilators that you do not send your loved one to this facility it is very unsafe and trust me you will regret that you did!

Excellent care

Overall a terrific experience. The staff specializes in care for individuals with cognitively impaired. They do not see the care as a "lesser" nursing home assignment. They include all levels of impairment in every activity and every outing. The exercise, the movement, the engagement and the overall loving manner delivered to the residents is above and beyond what is normally seen in any institution here in Columbus Ohio.

One downside, is the size of the community. The space is large and great for the active resident, but may be a bit overwhelming for someone with a more advanced disease process.

From a nurse who teaches in long-term care facilities

Amazing help for my dad at the end of his life! As a nurse, teaching and working in long-term care, I have never seen such wonderful care. The nursing staff is excellent and beyond compare; the aids are patient and caring AND able to help the most resistant residence. The food is nutritious and appropriate for the population with varied nutritional needs - and staff attends to those needs diligently. The exercise programs, the music, the outings and the overall culture of Glenwood is beyond anything seen in central Ohio. They should be very proud of the care and the services they provide. Hands down, they are the best - I've seen them all.
The nurse practitioners on staff really help keep an eye, weekly, on the patients medication and medical needs. Glenwood delivers an amazing level of care to each and every resident. I am so thankful we have access to such an amazing place.

Best Decision We Made for Mom!

My mom lived in an assisted living facility, on the memory floor, for 3 years prior to her move to Glenwood. She has been a resident of Glenwood since the opening...almost a year now. The experience has been wonderful and everyone has been right on top of my mom's care. All who work there seem genuinely concerned for her quality of life. The facility is always clean and smells fresh. Of course, receiving the kind of care this facility (and others of its kind) provides is not cheap! We feel Glenwood is right in line with others, but feel we get "extras" not provided at other facilities for the same cost. As with any facility, you are going to have your human errors, but none that can't be corrected with a conversation/phone call. Last, but not least, are the activities! There is always something for the residents to do. Everyday has scheduled activities that can be adjusted for the individual's skill level. Can't say enough about this facility!!

Glenwood is awesone

We just admitted my Dad to Glenwood 2 weeks ago. The transition has been seamless and the staff is incredible. We could not be happier with our decision

Seemed like a nice place

It's a great new facility nice people

The cleanliness of the facility is excellent. It is a new facility. The friendliness was excellent as well. It's a great facility and they are great people. Their monitoring system could be improved to prevent a motivated dementia patient from getting up undetected.