We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Nurses on Staff
- Podiatrist Available
- Physical Therapy Available
- Occupational Therapy Available
- Speech Therapy Available
- Complimentary Transportation
- Activities Offsite
- Outdoor Common Areas
- Beauty & Barber Services
- Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Hospice Available
- Resident Parking Available
- Male Residents Accepted
- Female Residents Only
- Doctor on Call
- Nurse on Call
- Homecare Onsite
- Dentist Available
About Claremont Retirement Village - Columbus, OH
You asked what makes us stand out, and I can easily say that it is our screen porches and our residents. Everyone here is so welcoming to new residents that everyone starts feeling right at home from the start. Additionally, we are all on one floor which makes enjoying the screen porch and visiting across the court yard so enjoyable.
Claremont Retirement Village is a fantastic choice for active and involved seniors. There is a full schedule of classes and on-site social activities to keep the home-body busy, and there is plenty within Columbus to inspire those who prefer to get out and go. The community offers a variety of amenities for its residents, including:
- Restaurant-style dining
- Screened-in patios
- Free bus transportation
- Hairdresser/barber services
- Planned activities
- Pet-friendly apartments
- Assistance with dressing/housekeeping as needed
Claremont Retirement Village is a community that believes in allowing seniors to age in place. It has apartments for those independent seniors who want social interaction with their peers as well as accommodations for assisted living and memory care residents. Apartments are garden-style, so there are no steps to maneuver around. Private spaces with screened-in patios allow for plenty of time to sit and enjoy the day.
Columbus is Ohio's largest city, located in the central part of the state. Claremont Retirement Village is in the northwest portion of the city, surrounded by residential suburbs and local shopping opportunities. Seniors who live here are close to a bus line and only minutes from major cross-city roads.
- Walkability Score: 50. This is a large community with an encircling road that is wide and easy to walk. However, this area of Columbus is not pedestrian-friendly.
- Average age in the 43235 zip code: 36. Aside from the senior residential communities in the zip code, there are two apartment communities. Most residents are married with families.
- Number of local senior residential facilities nearby: There are three other communities in the same zip code and many more within a five-mile radius.
- Average Weather: Columbus is in a temperate climate with distinct seasons. Winters are cold and often wet, while summers are hot and humid. This is a great place for seniors who like variety, since spring and fall offer variable temperatures.
- Veterans Facilities: The Veterans of Foreign Wars Post is only three miles away, and there are veteran centers in Dublin and Columbus. The Ohio Department of Veterans Services is downtown.
As part of the Columbus metro area, most seniors find that owning a vehicle is most convenient, as strip malls and restaurants are scattered throughout the area. Claremont provides transportation to local shopping and medical appointments, and the area also has a bus service and taxis. For more information on the variety of transportation options available, visit Getting Around Columbus.
- Buses: COTA is the basic bus line. It offers half-price fare for seniors and runs through much of the city.
- Taxis: Yellow Cab of Columbus is the main provider of taxi transportation, although downtown has a rickshaw-style pedicab available. Golf cart transport is also provided for free.
- Ride Shares: Columbus has a wide range of ride share programs, from bicycles to Eco-friendly cars. Uber and Lyft both run local routes.
Health and Safety
Claremont Retirement Village is located in the northern suburbs of Columbus, which is a place with low crime. Hospitals and medical offices are a short distance away, so there's always medical care nearby if needed.
- Hospitals: Riverside Methodist Hospital and Grant Hospital are located in the area.
- Crime rate in the 43235 zip code: Theft is the main crime that occurs in the area. The average crime rate is low: 34 on a scale of 100.
Sports and Leisure
Local seniors enjoy on-site activities and opportunities within the Town 'n Country area for sports and leisure. Rocky Creek residents often participate in the local Senior Games.
- Golf Courses: Brookside Golf & Country Club, Wedgewood Golf & Country Club, and Ohio State Golf Club are nearby.
- Tennis Courts/Clubs: Racquet Club of Columbus is located on Sawmill Road, and Olympic Indoor Tennis is close to downtown.
- Gyms: Planet Fitness Worthington or Bethel Road Planet Fitness are nearby, as is the Hilliard Health Center.
Shopping and Entertainment
Northern Columbus is rife with shopping and entertainment possibilities. There is a large shopping center located every few miles, offering access to shops and restaurants. The Columbus Zoo is only a short distance north, and access to 270 opens the door to the rest of the city.
- Apparel: Burlington Coat Factory, Meijer, Old Navy, and Nordstrom.
- Grocery Stores: Meijer, Whole Foods, and Trader Joes.
- Restaurants: Joe's Crab Shack, Cosi, Golden Corral, Ruby Tuesday, La Scala, and more.
- Movie Theaters: AMC Dublin Village 18 is just minutes away.
- Libraries: Northwest Library and Dublin Public Library.
- Senior-Friendly Salons: There is an on-site barber shop and hair center, but other local shops for men and women include Great Clips, Capelli's, and Hair Force.
- Attractions: The Columbus Zoo and Water park is located within 20 minutes of the retirement community, and Sawmill State Wildlife Education Center is within five minutes.
Northwest Columbus is a diverse community of middle to upper-middle class residents. There are numerous local churches for seniors to choose from if they do not wish to join the weekly church service that is provided in the community.
Buses leave every Sunday morning to transport seniors to Linworth Church (located right across the street) and St. Peter's. Other nearby churches include Fellowship Lutheran, Holy Cross, Highlands Presbyterian, and North Columbus Baptist Church.