To Big

I think the staff here did a great job showing me around and they did take their time and answered all my questions. I just felt that this community was too big for what I was looking for for my husband.

Nice Tour

Carriage Court is an older establishment. It was very clean and the residents seemed happy. The staff gave a very nice presentation of their community. We were looking for something a little more upbeat and active for our loved one. It did have a nice quiet feel to this community.

Care and options

I toured this community and like the staff who were able to answer the questions of the care that is offered. The community was nice and we wanted something with more brightness. The menu and activities would have been good for my mom. We would suggest that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one

Our tour of this facility was a pleasant one. It is a very beautiful clean facility. We were served lunch during our visit; it was very good and the staff that served and cooked our order were pleasant and engaging. It is a bit more pricey than the budget we have set. We will be looking at other facilities and developing a payment strategy accordingly.

A Suitable Community

Compared to my mom's previous place the residents are less independent and it has been a little hard with the difference. The community is adequate and I would recommend them to others. The meals and activities are pretty good. There are no issues with the cleanliness and housekeeping for my mom.

Very nice community!

The tour went great. The staff was very helpful and communicated very well with us. The community just did not offer what we needed or what we were looking for, for my parents. It just would not have been a good fit. However, the community is very beautiful.

Positive Atmosphere!!

The Carriage Court provides a family atmosphere to the residents. At the moment my father resides in the community and the staff is really friendly with him. The staff really seems to care about everyone in the community. Meal plans and activities are available. Everything is always organized and clean. I would recommend this place to friends and family.

I would recommend.

My mother is doing fairly well and getting acclimated. I would say their level of care seems to meet her needs. I would recommend Carriage Court. I would suggest families work closely with the staff who does the original assessment to make sure it goes correctly. They do a lot of activities there, she does participate in some and I'm sure will do more in the future. She likes the live music, bingo, church service. She is eating well there.

Nice place!

Our experience with Carriage Court has been a very positive one! It's a clean nice looking community, and the staff is very friendly and caring. I really appreciate how much effort they put into welcoming both new residents and their families! It's just a nice place overall, we recommend it!

Nice place, overall

Overall our experience with Carriage Court has been a good one. The facility is clean and well kept, and the staff seems friendly and caring. I looked at a few options in the area and Carriage Court seemed to provide a good balance for what they charge and the level of service they provide. My loved one seems to be enjoying herself here!

My mother has been at this facility for 3 years. Promised services have not been fulfilled. We battle daily to assure she gets quality care.
We pickup her room and sanitize her bathroom daily. If we don't it won't be done. We purchase basic need products which were supposed to be provided.
Food quality is poor. We were told they had a professional chef which proved to be false. My mother has been served foods that she is allergic to on numerous occasions. Thankfully she hasn't had any serious reactions.
As a general rule the staff are kind and work hard. However, there are those whose attitudes are challenging and unkind.
The price of 6k+ per month should provide exceptional care. It doesn't.

After researching many places I decided to place my Dad here. It is a very nice place and the staff were all very nice. They have both assisted living and dementia/alzheimers.
The only thing I was unhappy with is they charge a 1 time "community fee" of $1000.00 which is non-refundable. My dad died after just a week being there. So I was out the $1000.

Big place ,people moving around , Place was kind of dark ,dull looking ,made me wonder why ,I know the place is older ,,price was about the going price for someone going for a small room and low assist needed

The staff is very friendly and caring. They have two choices for their main meals and also a soup option. A lot of chances for social activities.

I toured here and I didn't love it.

I toured here and I didn't love it. The Decor is old and depressing. It seems like the residents just sit around in their wheelchairs. The rooms have a hospital room feel, but that could be because they were using the furniture the community had to furnish the room that I looked at. It's hard to rate the value or the care services from what I looked at.

Nice place, overall

Overall we are pleased with how things have gone at Carriage Court! It's a clean, well kept community, and everyone seems very friendly. The one thing I'd like to see them work on is to have a better organized dining room. It's very busy and loud, and just not a relaxing place to eat a meal.

Carriage Court of Hilliard is where I'd like to go

It's such a hard thing to describe. It is a great place. It is where I'd like to be when I'm at that point, I just don't know if dad likes it. He likes the daily attention and he has gained 10 pounds already!!!! But he cannot advocate for himself. He doesn't know who to make complaints to, or who to ask for things.... so he just does without. It takes time to adjust. But they seem really friendly and careful with him. The facility is great. I would like the activities even tho dad hasn't really participated much. He likes the food and I think he likes his therapy. It is a big place and he still gets lost trying to find his room after dinner.
I still have a lot of stress figuring out how to pay for it all. I'm in the midst of paperwork that I hope will take care of everything, but nothing is set yet.
I would recommend the Carriage Court.

My Mother is there and she has bed bu...

My Mother is there and she has bed bug now for the 2St time. She also has had [removed] and other thing taken.

Review of Carriage Court - Hilliard Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Hilliard, OH

Probably my front runner! It is located close to my work. It is nice and friendly. The rooms are spacious. My concerns here are that it is huge and he will get lost. They will seat him with like cognitive residents and I'm hoping that the interaction with others helps him.

They seem to know everyone by name. They are pretty good with the immediate needs like if she pushes her button. Howevery if I have a concern, communication with us does take a little longer, it's not real clear who to go to with different issues, the right hand doesn't seem to know what the left is doing. It's going very well overall though. When you go in everything is open welcoming, and someone is sitting right at the desk, to help you.

Helpful in finding smoking friendly facilities

APFM was very helpful in narrowing down our search to places that accepted smoking. That was important to our mom. There were a couple of places that they referred me to that I didn't realize were in my community, so that was good to know. One of those ended up being the place that we chose. Our mom is very happy with the care that she is receiving so far, and so are my sister and I. Thank you for your help!

Very Welcoming Atmosphere

The staff there is so wonderful! It's the biggest reason we chose carriage court. The people really get to know the residents. I just think they have a very welcoming atmosphere. I think it is on the expensive side but I think it's worth it. The only thing I wish they would change is If the resident is sick or has maybe missed dinner or lunch because of therapy or visitors or something else you have to pay an additional amount for a tray to be taken up to the room. My step father has memory issues and it's hard when you're paying that additional because of he has trouble remembering to go down. That's though.

The care is wonderful. Their aids are so positive and so happy and so caring. They have a lot of act
very welcoming to the families too. We looked around a lot in the area and we're very pleased with Carriage Court.

There are a lot of activities. They d...

There are a lot of activities. They do everything. They really do the best with what they have in terms of resources. They could improve on the staffing, but it's the same as everywhere else. They do have a lot of people, but for the number of people, you don't always get the attention right away. The reality is that unfortunately the aids are only making $10 an hour. For example, my mother-in-law wears glasses and we couldn't find them one day because they were rolled up in her shirt. The aid didn't take them off before helping her take her shirt off. It's adequate, but not 100%.

Didn't like the multi-levels

I liked the people there, I had a problem with the two levels and dealing with the elevators. I didn't see their actual memory care but I was looking at their transition piece

Next best thing to home

This is a wonderful facility. So up beat and they always seem to have nice activities for the residents. Recently I was blessed to be able to listen to several young musicians giving a recitial in the lobby. This is just one of many activities planned for the residents. I truly appreciate Kristina, the marketing Director for all of the work she did in order to get my Mother-in-law placed at
Carriage Court.
Everyone there is top notch!!

Another nice visit! Spent a...

Another nice visit! Spent a lot of time talking to Nan and learned a lot. Right fit but just a bit far away.

Great location, nice staff

My mom stayed here for 4 months after 2 bad falls and surgeries. She did not want to go but agreed to try it for a few weeks. 4 months later, she was sad to leave. She loved the staff and made friends with most. She felt she was not as helpless as some so she tried to do for herself. Once she got comfortable, which did take about a month, she was fine. Her only complaint was the food. She did not care for it. Other than that, she was happy there. Clean facility and very nice front porch to spend time outside. She left to go back to her home but says someday she would be happy to return if need be.

Interaction with the medical staff on...

Interaction with the medical staff on behalf of our mom was about a 6 or 7 out of 10 at times.

Too many issues to list

We have had several problems with this community from the beginning. Our loved ones emergency pendant was not working for about a week. When we talked to the staff about it they told us it was not in the system so it had not been activated. The dining room is unbearably hot seemed like every time we were in there the temperature was upwards of 80 degrees. The food was not very good; they cover the meats up with some kind of sauce, like gravy. When we gave them instructions on something they said they would put it in the file, yet they continued to not follow the instruction. They tell you that you must have safety needles with retractable tips and that it is a state law but when we talked to another community about it they told us it was not a state law but probably just one of their rules. We did not have the confidence in the nursing staff because when an issue would happen and we asked if we should just call emergency services they told us it was our decision, but at the time we were only speaking with them over the phone and were not present. They never called to check on our loved ones health. It seemed like the only thing they cared about was the money. Their staff called asking what was going on with our loved one because he was having multiple accidents; we thought that was something they would know best because they were suppose to be providing the care. They are not very organized. There is a $700 deposit that just goes to the community. Some of the staff spoke to me in a matter of fact type attitude when we would ask questions or bring up issues. When you pay over $5,000 for care you expect some type of care yet they only seemed to care about the money and not their residents. We would not recommend them to anyone.

most expensive 1BR at $3900...

most expensive 1BR at $3900/ great dining hall and foyer with fireplace; ice water daily. they use pendant safety system instead of pull cords; activities very important to residents.

Nice staff. Very convenien...

Nice staff. Very convenient as to location. This building is similar to the Emeritus. (probably newer) Somewhat of a small dining area. Several comons areas. Main commons area seemed small. No outside walking arraingement.

don't think will look at this place a...

don't think will look at this place at this time. maybe later

Not much in way of activities. Rooms ...

Not much in way of activities. Rooms are small.

medicade waiver. active community hi...

medicade waiver. active community high level of care available memory care available

Very nice

Very nice

Liked facility a lot. Asked them to ...

Liked facility a lot. Asked them to do assessment. The two levels of memory care is a big plus. Memory care units very nice, open spaces. Lower level memory care isn't behind locked doors; residents seem at same level as Mother; eat in main dining room. Studio rooms nice; provide eveything yourself - furniture, phone and cable. Fees at high end, but are all inclusive; no add ons for level of care. Two floors, with elevators - this is a negative. One-time fee $750 - lowest. About 23 miles from home.

liked the security measures,rooms and...

liked the security measures,rooms and their arrangement with the common areas. Nice wide hallways, good light & venilation. Plenty of opportunity for social interaction ie trips, games and outings. Did not find anything that I would call a showstopper.

Carriage Court of Hilliard is the Premier Assisted Living and Memory Care in Hilliard. Specializing in Memory Care, our community offers just the right amount of stimulation, engagement and care needed to thrive and maintain the highest quality of life.

Built in 1999 and renovated in 2011, Carriage Court of Hilliard offers a small town feel overlooking Heritage Club golf course and tree lined streets. Close to shopping, restaurants, physician offices and major hospitals, Carriage Court's location is ideal for any type of lifestyle.

Our 24 hour skilled nurses are on staff 24 hours a day, this allows our residents to have the care they need to live an active safe lifestyle.

Carriage Court residents enjoy exercise classes, card parties, family cookouts, outings 3 days a week, music and social programs and of course BINGO, while our cheerful staff do the daily chores of cleaning, laundry, lawn care, snow removal and more.

Carriage Court offers both single and double occupancy suites and 1 bedroom apartments complete with private baths and kitchenettes. Tastefully decorated common areas such as the resident clubhouses, fireplace lounge, TV room, activity room, dining room, library, bird aviary and on warm days the front porch offers an area for residents and family members to reminisce and enjoy time spent together.

Carriage Court of Hilliard is a large senior residence in a large suburb of Columbus, Ohio. Seniors who call it home here have a choice of floorplans to choose from and a huge variety of social activities to partake in. Social interaction is an important part of life here, and a family setting encourages personalization. Among the many amenities seniors will find here, some of them include

- Community aviary
- 24-hour on-site staff
- Three chef-prepared meals each day
- Exercise classes
- Planned activities
- Routine assistance when needed
- Whirlpool spa

Services Offered

Carriage Court offers assisted living and memory care service for its residents. Most rooms are studio and one-bedroom units with open designs and elegant decor. The memory care area is secure and spacious, with homes that allow seniors the attention they need with the privacy they deserve.

City Info

Hilliard is a suburb of Columbus, one of many throughout the county. It is located on the middle-western side of the city and offers seniors a sense of community that complements Carriage Court's own family feel. Seniors have activities around town and the region to take part in.

- Walkability Score: 8 out of 10. Hilliard is a community with plenty of green spaces and recreational opportunities. Sidewalks predominate the area, and access to local shopping makes every day one to explore something new.

- Average Age in 43026 zip code: 34. This is a community with a good mix of residential and shopping areas. Families are established, often college graduates and middle class.

- Number of local senior residential facilities nearby: Hilliard offers seniors a lot of options for care, so this particular area has many senior communities.

- Average Weather: As part of the Columbus metropolitan area, Hilliard has the same climate, including a temperate four-season year. Winters are often cold and wet, summers hot and humid. If you don't like the weather one day, wait another and it will often be very different.

- Veteran's facilities: US Department of Veterans has an office in downtown Columbus, with a number of centers scattered across the city, including a Veterans center on Walcutt Road

Transportation

Hilliard is a pedestrian-friendly city. Seniors can walk to a number of shops and grocery stores nearby. The main route of transportation, however, is private vehicle. The community offers a service to local stores once or twice a week but there are other methods of transportation around the city.

- Buses: The COTA bus system connects to Hilliard and other suburbs. For more information or for local bus schedules, visit COTA.
- Taxis: Yellow Cab offers service to seniors who live in Hilliard and the surrounding areas.
- Ride Shares: Aside from vanpooling and carpooling, residents here can call on Uber for local taxi service across the city. There is also a community bus that will take residents to appointments and social events around the city.

Health and Safety

Hilliard has a local Block Watch Program where residents work alongside the Hilliard City Police to combat local crime. And with the proximity of area recreational centers and parks, seniors have access to plenty of opportunities for fitness.

- Hospitals in the Area:Dublin Methodist Hospital, Ohio State University Hospital

- Crime rate in 43026 zip code: Hilliard's crime rate is significantly lower than that of the remainder of the city. Most crimes are theft or other property infractions.

Sports and leisure

Carriage Court is close to the Battelle-Darby Creek Metro Park, where hiking and walking in the outdoors can provide a respite for the hustle and bustle of the day. The city of Hilliard also has a number of senior-oriented activities, including fitness classes and Yoga. Visit the Senior Fitness Guide for more information.

- Golf courses near by: Local golf clubs include Heritage Golf Club,Hilliard Lakes
- Tennis courts/clubs near by: The Players Club, Hilliard Municipal Park
- Gyms near by: Planet Fitness, Hilliard, LA Fitness, Power Shack

Shopping and entertainment

Hilliard is close to the Ohio State University, and seniors will find there are plenty of attractions as they get closer to downtown Columbus. The city offers venues for opera, orchestral music, and acting as well as shopping at Easton and local shopping centers.

- Clothes Shopping nearby: Goodwill, Kohls, Walmart
- Grocery stores: Walgreens, Walmart, Sam's Club
- Restaurants: Bob Evans, Max & Erma's, Rusty Bucket, Dave and Busters, the Olive Tree, Starliner Diner, fast food options
- Movie theaters: Movies 10, Cinemark Carriage Place Movies 12, AMC Lennox Town Center
- Libraries: Hilliard Library
- Senior-friendly salons (men and women): Great Clips, Kenneth's, Saturday's
- Attractions: The Ohio State University has museums for every interest, and the Columbus Zoo is only a few miles north of Hilliard. Downtown Columbus also has a historical society and the Center of Science and Industry (COSI)

Religious facilities

Carriage Court offers a weekly Catholic communion and an on-site church service, but many seniors prefer to explore the surroundings for other options. Churches that surround the area include Resurrection Evangelical Lutheran Church, Hilliard United Methodist Church, Cornerstone Christian Fellowship