A few drawbacks

I found that this place had a noticeable drawback. This location is mainly apartments with elderly people living here. If there were a fire it would take them a slow time for them to exit safely. They have stairs, however, it didn’t seem completely accommodating. Another thing why it didn’t seem like a great fit for my loved one is that they give out tickets for participation. If you were to participate in an activity they would give you a ticket, when you gain a certain amount you could redeem them for something. I found this quite childish. However, I was speaking to the residents that were already living there and they seem to like it a lot. But it didn’t seem like anything my loved one would go for.

My friend lives here and is happy with where he's at. The staff is easy to communicate with. He's able to do all of his own cooking. They keep the place clean and the trash gets taken out. There's an activities board with postings of things to do. They even gave him his own shop that he can work on cars in, because he's been a mechanic his whole life. I recommend living here.

A nice place

The staff have been friendly and encouraging with dad. He has started to participate in some of the daily activities they offer. The food is really good. The community is clean and the grounds are nice. I would recommend this community.

Loved it!. Very friendly. [Removed] was wonderful and helpful. Answered all of our questions. Seems like one big family.

Staff is second to none!

My experience at Garden valley has been very nice! The staff is very kind, so much so that I was willing to pack my bags and move in after speaking with them! They offer many amenities, such as a bus service to get around as well. I would recommend this community to a friend!

Very Pleased with My Move Here

I'am doing very well since my move to this community. This is an amazing community, with lovely people. The staff is wonderful, they are very kind, and accommodating. They do a good job with the cleanliness of the community. They come to my room once a week, to dust and clean. The residents are very pleasant. When I was sick they were very worried about me. It has been a positive experience. This is a community I would recommend.

The Second Option

I liked this place, it was our second choice. I liked the feeling when we walked through the front door. The staff were nice and helpful. I did not care for the strict meal times and the limited menu options.

Mom's New Home

I live several hundred miles from my mother and watched her physical deterioration for several months. Her ability to care for herself at home was declining and there was no one to consistently watch out for her. I recently visited her in her new home, Garden Valley Retirement and found it to be all that was promised as well as what she had told me . She is happier than I have seen her in years and stress free. The food is great, the activities available have addressed both her physical and social needs. The staff is amazing. She is always telling me how nice and helpful they are. I saw that first hand while there. I now feel confident that she is safe and being cared appropriately for.

Garden Valley gets my recommendation!!!

Mom is still settling into this community so she is not yet participating in the activities offered. We do have independent caregivers coming in to assist her. The community is really clean and the food is excellent. The chef has been there for 20 years and they offer a good menu.

Garden Valley / Holiday Retirement group is the best!

The very best in senior care. They make the resident feel like the queen or king! The meals are gourmet with fresh made rolls. They wait on you hand and foot for the meal. He family can come join the resident. They loved my Grandfather and went the extra mile. They have someone clean up their apartment.They are helpful and wonderful. Highly recommended!

The staff are excellent!

I live 365 miles away from Garden Valley but I know Dad is in good hands! The staff are very responsive and my experience with Admin has been great! I'd say the staff is the main reason we chose this place. Dad has been sick so he's not really participating in activities although the community has plenty for the residents to do. My Dad loves the food there! I'm hoping that he starts feeling better soon so that he can enjoy his stay!

Dated facilt

The reason property is 3 is because it is a dated facility.

Four Stars

I would have to say that my opinion of the Garden Valley is that they are good, but not perfect. Of course any facility hardly ever is perfect, but you can definitely see the pattern in my ratings for the place.

Fantastic Home

I have only been on the tour of Garden Valley, but fell in love with the place right off! I haven't had the chance to use the services of the home yet, but all the staff from the managers to head of house keeping were fantastic. I came home that night, to think about it, and called the next morning to start the ball rolling. Within 2 days I had my apartment.

Now I am trying to finish up some loose ends, and planning my move to Roseburg, OR. I am very excited to become a resident there.

super friendly and helpful

No place is perfect, but the people at Garden Valley are all super friendly and helpful. They address any concerns right away.

The only thing I have noticed that they do not have which I think would be good would be to have a vehicle with a lift that helps those in wheelchairs to get on and join in the activities and outings that they have.

Overall they have been very good.

wonderful

We have made a lot of friends at Garden Valley. Everyone here has been wonderful. We have no complaints and would certainly recommend them.

Non professional first & second visit. Second visit was initiated by them when they said they had a place available and in fact did not.

Holiday Retirement

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. I'm SO sorry you had a negative experience at Garden Village. We at Home Office would like to know details so we can investigate. Can you please give a call to our Resident Relations department at [removed] at your convenience to explain your tours in detail?

Thank you for your sincere review and my apologies once more,
Katie

Very Well So Far

Things are very well, it is a good place and no improvements needed.

They are doing a great job. We are real happy with them.

They are doing a great job. We are real happy with them. Any issues we have had, have more to do with our loved one than the community. Our loved one is happy and that is what's important.

I'm really happy with them, they have done really well.

I'm really happy with them, they have done really well. The dinners can be difficult if you are a vegetarian, they are supposed to have options, but sometimes the options are limited. It's pretty and nice though and they are very helpful for her. Everyone is friendly, and they keep it very clean. I very pleased with them.

I Have no Complaints.

Plenty of activities they have drill teams and music events, the food is excellent I was satisfied every time I ate their. The people are really friendly, good location and value. I have no complaints.

On a hillside overlooking the valley, Garden Valley sits on two acres of beautiful trees, shrubs and flowers in the heart of Roseburg. Living in Roseburg means enjoying all the small-town friendliness of a quiet home in the country with the convenience of shopping, dining and healthcare just minutes from the front door.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind