Horizon Village Community - Grants Pass, OR

Unsure Future

The owners are attempting to sell out. The tenants now live in an insecure environment not knowing their status or future living conditions.

Great place!!!

They have houses with their own garages and vehicles. We liked that it wasn't an apartment, where you have to go down to a dining room. It's supposed to be the most unique retirement community. All of the homes are one story, and the units are either a single unit house or duplex or a triplex, there is nothing bigger than a triplex. They have cottage that family members can rent when they visit for a fairly low weekly rent. They offer housekeeping and services for a nominal charge as it's needed. The landscaping is meticulously well kept. Jan is the manager and she is an absolute dolly cake. You can tell she loves older people, her own mother lives there. She made everything very simple and easy to understand.

I Love It Here!

My daughter and I came out to check it out and I just fell in love with it. I have a nice two bedroom, 1200 sq. ft. cottage that fits all of my furniture which made me very happy. Most of the other places I saw would never fit all my furniture.

Everything is taken care of here. The maintenance is taken care of and they hung all my pictures for me. The girls in the office are always ready to help. They even helped me get my deposit back from another place. We have just enough things to do, not like some other places that have way too many things going on. We have bunko and Saturday morning breakfast. I didn't want one of those places were you had to eat all your meals together. I wanted to eat in my own house. I’m in a little cluster here where we all have little dogs and walk them together. It’s a really nice group of people here.

I know there are no meals included or...

I know there are no meals included or housekeeping, etc. They have cottages that fit in our budget and are very nice!

most interesting because of the cotta...

most interesting because of the cottage situation located in open space.

Horizon Village is the unique retirement community of Southern Oregon! We attract persons of independent spirit and nature, and coordinate all levels of all services for them in their individual cottages. Our community consists of a Norman Rockwell-like setting, with 50 cottage-style duplexes and four individual three bedroom, two bath homes. The duplexes range in size from one bedroom/one bath, to 2/1 and 2/2 floor plans-each unique. Some have fenced yards for pets and some have views of the surrounding mountains or back yard water features.

Each cottage has its own unique floor plan, is all one level, has skylights and a gas fireplace, attached garage for added convenience and safety, private patios with yards or decks with great views! There are many safety and "special needs"-friendly features such as sit down showers, wide doors, door handles versus knobs, one level to outside, and more.

We have a fabulous location, next door to RCC, minutes from shopping, restaurants, a movie theater, the YMCA and the Hospital. We are also just off 199West, which is the gateway to the Oregon Coast, as well as the Oregon Caves and many other natural attractions. Yet we are also close to the Britt Theater and Shakespearean Theater and other local famous attractions.