Garden Place of Columbia - Columbia, IL

• Respite Care

My Mother is Doing Very Well

Everything is working very well for my mother since her move to this community. We are pleased with all they have done for the family. This is a good community with kind people. She is doing well, they are taking good care of her. We are also pleased with a place for mom and all they have done for us.

Excellent Care

I am very happy with the care here for my mom. The staff is caring and went out of there way to help my mom adjusted being in the community in less then a month. They went out of there way for her. This community is wonderful. They offer great activities and have a great food variety. Families would be very happy with this community.

Friendly staff

Garden Place is a nice, clean environment. The staff is friendly and caring. They really seem to take pride in the way the place looks as far as the upkeep. They do a great job of taking care of the residents here and we have not had any major issues.

Garden Place

Thank you so much for your kind review. Everyone at Garden Place works hard and takes great pride in the care we give. If we can ever be of any assistance to you or your family member(s) please do not hesitate to contact us directly at [removed].

Caring staff. . .need better communication

I think the staff are all very caring. The one thing I would like to see improved on is communication with the family about how my Mom is doing. I feel like I have to ask a lot of questions. I would appreciate more feedback on more things.

They have definitely gone out of their way to make sure my dad feels welcome. It's his own apartment and his own space but they make sure he has a good quality of life. I have am just so happy.

It was a very good place and we were very happy with it.

A place for Dad

Garden place has been great! My dad is 98 but can pretty much take care of himself except for a few minor things. He needs help remembering to take his medicine and food preperation. He has been to another community and they didn't do half of what the Garden Place does. Dad is not just a number but an individual that is shown respect. Every staff member is wonderful and caring and they all know my dad. If dad ever needs anything they will go out if their way to help.

Garden place is more than where dad use to be for independent living but the Garden Place does so much more that other communities consider assisted living. The food is good and we can join dad for a meal at a very reasonable price. The only thing my dad complains about is they do not have much activities in the evenings. The Garden Place encourages residents to make suggestions on how to make things better so dad will be making that suggestion once he remembers to.

I'm so glad we found the garden Place through a place for mom. We can relax and know dad is being well cared for. They have a residents wear an emergency button that is nit only an emergency button but a GPS tracker

They are taking excellent care of my ...

They are taking excellent care of my mom I am so glad I found this place through the help of a place for mom

They seem to care about their residents.

The overall appearance and staff it seems like they really care and look out for the residents. They respond really quickly if she needs something She seems to like the food.

They seem to care about their residents. I’m there quite a bit and they really try look out for the residence. I think it’s a very clean and friendly community.

Garden Place

My mother-in-law is at Garden Place and has been there for about nine months. The food looks appetizing and my mother-in-law likes it. There are field trips to shopping centers and restaurants. Bingo all the time. The employees are very friendly and definitely know everyone by name. The place is not large and is situated in a square, so even with memory loss, you can usually find your apartment. Help is always available for the residents.

Excellent choice

My parents have resided at Garden place for six weeks. Thus far, everything works very well. They are being fed well, there is always help with laundry or trips to the doctor and the staff generally makes sure they are well and safe.

Garden Place Senior Living

I have not visited the facility on Main Street. This rating is for the facility on DD Road, Senior Living. The care and attention that is given is outstanding. Lacey has met every request so far to help my parents feel at home. The staff is always smiling, cheerful, positive. I have stayed for two weekend visits now, and each time leave my parents feeling assured that they are in good hands, while giving them a little space to be independant. My mother is being spoiled and pampered with the attention that she receives. The facility always clean. This facility was perfect for my parents, being in a small town that they were familiar with, allows them their freedom to come and go while making sure that the basic needs are met. It was a perfect fit for my parent's needs.

Sounds interesting. My mother in law...

Sounds interesting. My mother in law lives in Columbia so we make frequent trips there so it may work out depending on level of care for dad with his memory issues.

Located 7 miles from South County St. Louis, our Garden Place Senior Living of Columbia location is a beautiful community complete with its own lake perfect for fishing or simply enjoying the view. This breath-taking, vibrant senior living community features three types of residential senior-friendly apartments: Studio, One Bedroom and Two Bedroom

Each apartment has a private full size bath, kitchenette (includes full size refrigerator and microwave). Let us prepare your meals, do your housekeeping and take you to/from local appointments all while you enjoy the privacy and independence of your own apartment. Our small town offers everything you need – active senior groups, restaurants, stores with all your main essentials, unique shopping experiences, golf courses, physician offices, specialty clinics, and local fitness center!
There’s no better time than now to call Valerie for a tour! (618)281-4200