Friendship Care Home - Antioch, CA

Dad is content and happy

My dad is in this community and they are very attentive and very hands on. He is always out in the open interacting with people and not just sitting in his room. It is working out pretty well. They feed him 3x a day and treat him like royalty. He is very happy and content here and not asking to go home anymore. This is a locked community and I like the fact that they don't have a separate area for the memory care everyone is together. They always engage him in the daily activities someone sent me a picture of him playing the piano which was nice. There are ducks there that the staff will take them out on. It is clean and always smells fresh. I would recommend this community.

Mom was so Happy here

My mom had to stay in this community for 30 days while my brother was out of town. And we were quite impressed at how well they cared for her. The staff was respectful, friendly and helpful. It was only 15 min away from me so I would visit her all the time. The food was good and tasty. It stayed so clean and never smelt like an assisted living place. She loved to go to the Great Room and watch T.V. with everyone. I would recommend this place to anyone. And we gave them a bouquet of flowers for being so helpful.

Friendly Staff!!

I have no complaints of how things has went for my self and loved one for our tour. The staff where on time to our tour and made sure to answer any questions we had for them. The property was clean and they had a lot of great amenities available to all of the residents. It was just not the right fit for my mom in the end decision.

We found a perfect Fit

My dad seems to have found a perfect fit at the Friendship Care Home, as there is only 30 residence and it has a homey feeling to it. Their memory care Unit is great and they are able to address my dad's needs so well. It's clean and my dad's room is well taken care of.
The staff is so personable and they appear to be glad to be working there as well. The staff is also easy to communicate with and they are more than willing to answer any and all questions I have about my dad.
Even during the transition period when n my father first moved in I could call anytime and they were more than willing to talk with me about how he was adjusting.
There is a dining room area where the all enjoy their meals together, they have a menu even choice of beverage. And my dad seems to be eating well.
There are activities, exercises, coloring bingo.
They also have the option for transportation to doctor appointments, which does cost extra but is a get help to the family. You just meet your loved one at their doctor's office the day of their appointment.
I would recommend Friendship Care Home to both my friends and my family without a doubt.

I See Enjoyment

My sister is living here and she is good being here. Everything the staff do is wonderful, the care and the communication. She has dementia but when we go to visit she is happy and smiling. I hear she is enjoys playing bingo and participating with exercises.

What we needed!!

Everyone seems very happy at the Friendship Care Home. The place is clean and well organized. The staff are all very friendly and take very good care of the residents. The chef is great, he is very experienced and when we first moved my mother in, he came out and introduced himself as well as ask what my mother's food preference and allergies are. My mother loved to sit in the common areas and watch television and interact with the residents there.

I Did Not Like It

I would not go here, it is dirty and awful. i did not like being here. The walls have holes with patches on it. The carpet looked so old. It has not been updated and I would not recommend them. I did not see resident moving around, I think they were in bed.

Working well so far!

Things seem to be doing well with Friendship Care Home, I have heard nothing but positive things about it from my relatives! It is a smaller, residential type community which I think works well for them. They're happy here, and that is what really matters!