TreVista Senior Living and Memory Care - Antioch, CA

A good place for your loved relative

The home is lovely, the dining room is spacious with many
windows. The entire facility is wonderful. She is very happy in her studio bedroom, It includes her TV, Computer, Desk,
bed and small kitchenette. She really enjoys all the activities; Bingo, Chair exercise, Music-Karaoke or singers and instrument players.

We moved into Cypress Meadows on April 1. Terry, my wife, has enjoyed the morning stretching exercises, Bingo and cards. There is afternoon entertainment which she has enjoyed. She has not taken any of the planned trips yet.

Review of Cypress Meadows - Antioch, CA

Nice facility. It was clean but there was slight order when walking in hall on third floor.Studio with meals weekly cleaning and laundry 3200.00. Additional 1350. Affordable but want to look at other options.

The Truth

My experience with this company firsthand the staff is not all professional, or attentive. There is not a nurse on the premises. The Ceo is not attentive at all he stays in his office. I asked for him my last visit and I was informed he didn't like to be bothered. The facility is not always clean, the carpet in a room I passed was very nasty. They have a huge turnover and people in surrounding areas experienced working there in the past and they have a bad rep. People that state this is a respectable facility are not being honest. This place has a terrible reputation, and state should be checking this place out from the bottom up. They are just hiring family and not taking care of the complaints they receive from relatives. A lot needs to be changed about this place. It needs people with a heart to be in charge.

I like this location and people who work there seem nice. rooms to share are a little small..but like the counter with refrigerator and micro and sink.

amazing!

The staff they have at Cypress Meadows is amazing! They have been so caring, supportive, and responsive. My father was not real happy going in at first, and it did not take long at all for them to make him feel comfortable. The whole culture there is just wonderful. It has been an outstanding experience and I would highly recommend them. I am such a big fan of these folks!!!

very pleasing experience

So far it has really been a very pleasing experience both for me and my father at Cypress Meadows.

very helpful

They have been very friendly and make the residents feel very welcome there. They provide plenty of activities to keep them busy. The food there is also very good, and they are very accommodating on the dietary requests. We did look at a lot of different places, and we picked this one because of the friendliness and the small home-like atmosphere.

HORRIBLE!!!

This is a TERRIBLE place to allow your family members to stay in. When my grandma was there she was placed into hospice program there..they did such a sloppy job. Their staff are rude and didn't transition my grandma into hospice program smoothly. My grandma had a hospital bed, wheelchair, and hoyer lift delivered to her from a DME company. Then after she passed away Cypress Meadows claims all the equipment got picked up from another DME supplier. Which was not true because I did my own research because they kept all the equipment at their facility and it was being used by another PATIENT!!!! I had to pay for all the equipment out of pocket because they refused to return them back to the DME supplier. Those equipment were solely belong to my grandma and they are being dishonest. I would never send another family member there because they have lack of business ethics which caused me to suffer MONETARY WISE/ EMOTIONALLY as a family member. HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Best in Antioch

This is the 3rd place my family member has been. They all have issues but what sets this facility apart is the staff. If you mention a problem, it is addressed unlike Dallas Commons that gave lip service but did nothing. The caregivers ask what my family member likes in regards to all aspects of care. The med techs are friendly and outgoing knowing how to convince residents to take their meds. The receptionist is wonderful beyond words, always going out of her way for the residents and their families. I would have done an overall rating of 5 but there are a few employees that need addressing in dementia (not following guidelines and this area of the building needs to be given a face lift) and the third floor needs some addressing in regards to flooring (cement floor is breaking up so carpeting not sitting flat) and common area windows need cleaning also, one of the cooks is heavy with the hispanic food which my generation will love but the current residents not liking very well. The other cook presents meals more to what they are use to keeping them well balanced. Also feel laundry should be done more than once a week.

Thought Kay was very good a...

Thought Kay was very good and knowledgeable. Facility felt older than it's 14 years. For some reason did not like that memory care on 3rd floor via elevator. Westmont and The Commons 1st floor facilities. Most expense of 3 visited and had a medication management fee which other two did not mention. Will have to double check on that. Decent online reviews.

Consistent Staff

our experience has been really good with them so far.
They're very clean and compared to some places they're pretty reasonable, price-wise. We didn't really do a lot of shopping around because of Cypress Meadows' reputation and location. We also had a close friend who had someone there and they highly recommended it. We're pretty happy with the whole situation, So far, so good!

I think the think that probably really kind of sold us on the place was the consistency of their staff. They don't seem to have a lot of turnover. That's always a good thing in a business. They keep in touch with us. If there's ever an issue with mom they call us right away. They're proactive in having us participate in her care and that's great.

Not the Care She Needed

Our friend was just in the assisted care. We feel that things might have been different if she was in the special care unit for dementia. In assisted care they expect them to take care of themselves basically but by then she was really beyond that point. They only cleaned her room once a week and when food was spilled on the floor they didn't clean it up. I know that really wasn't their job because she wasn't in special care but we felt that they should have kept it cleaner.

cypress was actually financially really good for us but it was just at the point where she needed more care. She shouldn't have been there as long as she was. The special care unit was too pricey for us so we moved her.

No Complaints

We're pretty happy with them. It seems like a really great value. I know there are more expensive places that are
none of it's cheap but I've heard other places are more expensive. They have a game room They have music, hikes they take, bocce ball, I believe.

I think my mother-in-law has improved but at her age it's hard to change from one place to another. They're doing everything they can. They certainly come in and check on her all the time.

I really don't have any complaints. We're very happy with them. They're close to our home and for me, that's huge. They're very helpful. They're probably not as fancy as more expensive places but they're certainly clean and provide everything. They're right by the hospital.

Staff really cares

It’s a really nice community. This is what I wanted for my dad; it doesn't feel like an institution and feels more home-like. There is no odor and it is kept really clean. The girls here are really nice and they care about the residents. The girls have been working here a long time; the community has a very low turn over rate. They really like working here and they take good care of the residents. We are pleased with them and would recommend them to anyone.

toured on Saturday; really ...

toured on Saturday; really nice place; very warm and accommodating; a little far but definitely one to consider

Looked at both, reg and memory care a...

Looked at both, reg and memory care area. Overall Nice,Clean no smells. Room is big, with room for dads recliner. Has kitchen type nook with storage for snacks and mini fridge. Building is showing some signs of wear. 10yrs old. Have asked different providers and all of them have spoke highly of the Staff, is very good. Residents were friendly and seemed happy.