Sunrise of Walnut Creek - Walnut Creek, CA

Honest and Truthful

I toured Sunrise, and the director was super nice and really honest. I really appreciated that the director was very truthful with us when he said he felt the level of care there was too high for my mother. She did not need the advanced level of care they had there yet, so he advised he wasn’t sure it would be a good fit.

Sunrise of Walnut Creek

I toured Sunrise while looking at living options for my loved one. I did like Sunrise because it was much better than the facility that she was in before. It is a nice, large facility, but I had looked at some other communities, and I didn’t feel it was nearly as clean as some of those.

Didn't Have What I Was Looking For

At the time we toured this community they didn't offer 1 bedroom apartments and I felt that was going to be a better option for my mom. The staff was very nice and helpful. However at one of the other communities they had offered a program that helped people out on the pricing if they were on a limited income and this community didn't offer that.

Excellent Care for dad

The care at this community is very nice. We like the staff and consider them to be very attentive to my father's needs. The menu is outstanding and I like knowing that they are offering him a lot of activities that he does enjoy. The environment has been very good for my father and I have recommended a lot of friends to this community due to the good care and value

Sunrise rocks

My 5 star rating says it all. This is a wonderful facility. My dad is in memory care, and what I've seen is that the caregivers treat my dad the same way I do. Furthermore, the caregivers engage residents as well as provide group activities in a manner that is respectful and fun. I love this place for my dad. I can think of no other facility in this area that could have been as good a fit for my dad than Sunrise.

Things are going great!!

I have no complaints of how things are going for my mother since she has made the move into this community. The staff have been helpful and I am comfortable with the quality of care they have been providing her. She has been enjoying the activities as well as the dinning experience with the other residents. The only thing I think could use some improvement is that the staff pay closer attention to her dentures and making sure they give her the correct glue for them.

Great activities!

My loved one's stay at Sunrise is going great! The staff take great care of her and the facility is well maintained. My loved one also really enjoys the various outings and activities that are offered!

A tour for care

We toured this community. The staff did not seem like they had the time to give us The community did appear to be clean from what we were able to tour. We did not get a lot of information from the staff. We highly suggest that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one and there needs of care.

There was a funny smell...

At the time that we toured the Sunrise of Walnut Creek, there was a very bad smell. It was more towards the locked down area. The memory unit was sad and gloomy, and after touring we decided it was not a good fit for my mother in law.

One month stay

My mother only had a one month stay and throughout her stay the staff was very accomadating, helpful and very pleasant. I stayed for some meals with my mother and I thought the meals were wonderful. A very nice place

A Compassionate Community

In the beginning it was difficult finding a community for my mom. The director here found a way to work with my mom. They have been amazing with the care. She likes the meals and they make what she likes. The chef called me to make sure she is getting what she likes. They have activities available.

Was not the right place for us!!

This community did not seem very social during our tour. This did not seem like a good fit for my dad. The community was clean and the staff we met were nice. There did not seem to be a lot of activities going on.

Sunrise Senior Living

Recommended Tour!!

Sunrise of Walnut Creek provided a great tour. The staff that i got to meet during the tour were very friendly. The community was well organized and updated. Activities are offered to the residents on site. The guide also explained the amenities that are offered and their complimentary services.

A Big Community

This tour was good to see. I saw good interaction between the staff and residents. The staff seem to do well keeping the community clean and organized. It seemed to offer a lot of activities, my dad would like this. I seemed to be a high-end community.

Sunrise is geat

Excellent facility for Mom! Very loving environment, encouraging staff who moved her from wanting to sleep 24/7 to an active woman. Clean, meals on time with conversation, sunny and inviting, many activities and exercise, knowledgeable, kind, staff.

Not A Fit For Us

I took a tour of this community and saw a parking lot between the living and activities building. The staff were not inviting during my tour, I felt they just showed me a room and not try to understand the care I was looking for. I did not get a welcoming atmosphere with this tour.

We had a great tour here.

We had a great tour here. This was a lovely place, very nice. They were very helpful when we came to tour as well. Everyone was very nice. From what I saw I would give them a five for my tour experience.

Very nice

Sunrise is a very nice facility. The apartments are nice and spacious with lots of amenities. The staff is personable and they are very attentive to the residents needs. The facility is always kept clean and well maintained.

Caring staff

The apartments are nice. The facility itself is always nice and clean. The staff is very good with the residents. They are all so compassionate and caring. The food is good here and they do have a good amount of activities.

They really have done a pretty good job.

They really have done a pretty good job. They keep the community very clean, and the staff is friendly and attentive. The food looks pretty good. The cost is pretty high, that is the only thing. We negotiated on the price of the private room, when we first came they tried to get us to switch to a shared room, but that didn't happen. Other than that, the care has been wonderful.

Attractive facility. Locati...

Attractive facility. Location not optimal but not too bad. As advised, substantially more expensive than facilities in my area. Shared room small for the price. Nice layout to memory care wing, not very big.

Warm, kind and loving environment

My 95 year old Mother in Law lives in this wonderful community. She needs lots of help as well as medication management. Her caregivers are so kind, respectful, loving and are very conscientious. The administrative staff are very involved and make it a point to know and anticipate the needs of each and every resident and their families. They know us all by name and are very welcoming. When I visit, it feels like I am visiting my mother in law in her home, not a care facility. We all could not be happier.

Personable Staff

I was very impressed. Very clean and very nice. Very nice apartment situation. They just seemed like they really cared. They were very personable. The residents seemed relaxed and easy going. While I was talking with the marketing director, she knew everyone who walked by and engaged with them. They are there to serve the residents. Kind and respectful care.

I really like this place!

I really like this place!

Liked the individual care set up. di...

Liked the individual care set up. didn't like the wearing of the alert around the neck. Dad wouldn't wear it.

About Sunrise of Walnut Creek

Community & Location Highlights:

•Conveniently located in beautiful Walnut Creek, CA
•Near Kaiser Permanente Medical Center and John Muir Medical Center
•Beautiful views of expansive gardens and outdoor seating areas
•Close to shopping, pharmacies, dining and services

Located in Walnut Creek, California, Sunrise of Walnut Creek is a senior assisted living community focused on serving each resident’s unique needs. With an exceptional team of experienced designated care managers, culinary and nutrition experts, and diligent housekeepers, life for residents at Sunrise of Walnut Creek is full of activity, friends, and life. Near the California Symphony and Lesher Center for the Arts, our community is surrounded by beauty and culture. We are conveniently located close to shopping, dining and John Muir Medical Center. Visit our community today to see why our residents are proud to call Sunrise of Walnut Creek home.