We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Aging in Place
- Nurses on Staff
- Podiatrist Available
- Physical Therapy Available
- Occupational Therapy Available
- Speech Therapy Available
- Complimentary Transportation
- Activities Offsite
- Outdoor Common Areas
- Beauty & Barber Services
- Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Hospice Available
- Respite Available
- Resident Parking Available
- Male Residents Accepted
- Female Residents Only
- Doctor on Call
- Nurse on Call
- Homecare Onsite
- Dentist Available
Fox Point Independent & Assisted Living and Fox Point Manor Memory Care is located in the Heart of the Fox River Valley in McHenry, IL. With a quaint downtown district that offers historic buildings and specialty shopping, along with a variety of dining, life at Fox Point in McHenry offers a small town feel in a growing community that’s just an hour away from Chicago, IL.
With studio and one bedroom apartments at Fox Point and Spacious suites at Fox Point Manor, residents enjoy many great amenities including weekly light housekeeping, delicious healthful customizable chef prepared meal programs, flat linen service, on-site library and so much more! Fox Point Independent & Assisted Living offers levels of healthcare service, allowing residents to age in place. Residents are cared for in a secure and safe environment.
Senior Lifestyle is proud to honor its heritage. Since 1985 Senior Lifestyle has been a family owned business. Our dedicated and caring team of professionals are highly motivated by our mission to enrich senior's lives today and tomorrow. Our resident's enjoy exceptional hospitality services in a fun and relaxed environment. We understand your needs might change and we are committed to ensuring that you or a loved one receive the services and care you deserve. If you share our values join our family today.
The city of McHenry, Illinois, is about an hour away from Chicago and sits near the state border to Wisconsin. This suburban area features many parks and wooded areas as well as shopping districts and recreational hubs. Seniors retiring in this area can choose assistance from multiple personal care facilities, including Fox Point, which helps with meals, housekeeping, health-care needs and more. The McHenry area offers plenty of enticing activities, while the close proximity to the city ensures access to major attractions.
- Walkability: McHenry earned a walk score of 26 out of 100, meaning some form of transportation is necessary for most outings.
- Population: The city is home to about 26,700 people, with a median age in the late 30s. About 19 percent of the population is 60 or older.
- Weather: McHenry residents experience warm summers and chilly winters, with summer averages in the 70s and winter averages in the 20s. The most precipitation occurs in August. Compared with the national average, McHenry has much lower pollution and better air quality.
- Veteran Services: A Veterans Administration clinic is located in McHenry on Municipal Drive. McHenry County has a Veterans Assistance Commission, which assists with a range of services. Lastly, the city has a local VFW Post 4600 where members play bingo and host dinners and fundraisers.
Seniors in McHenry, IL, have access to several excellent transportation options. The staff at Fox Point provide complimentary transit to residents, and the city provides travel training to senior citizens to ensure residents feel comfortable using the different forms of regional transit.
- Shuttle Services: MCRide Dial-A-Ride provides curbside service Monday through Saturday. Seniors pay a discounted fare of $1.25 for the first five miles, and $0.25 per each additional mile. For a donation of $1 (if funds are available), seniors can ride the fully accessible McHenry Township Express on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Residents need only call ahead to either shuttle to schedule their trip.
- Bus: The PACE system operates four bus routes in McHenry County. Seniors 65 and older are eligible for discounted bus passes by registering with the Regional Transit Authority.
- Train: The Metra rail system runs from McHenry to Chicago and offers low-cost weekend passes.
- Taxi: Cabs are also available from multiple companies, including Black Cab Taxi, McHenry Cab and Sunshine Taxi.
Health and Safety
Fox Point provides basic health-care services and has an on-call nurse and doctor. The facility also has available specialists for podiatry, dentistry, physical therapy and more. Seniors requiring additional care will find many qualified professionals in McHenry.
- Geriatric Care: A local geriatric specialist working in primary care is Syed Hassan, M.D. Within seven miles of McHenry, at Crystal Lake, are another doctor and physical therapist who specialize in geriatric medicine, Dr. Susan Crowe and Allison Johnson, PT.
- Primary Care: Centegra HealthSystem operates multiple locations in McHenry with different specialities, such as internal medicine, psychology, cardiology and immediate care. Seniors can easily locate providers and specialists in McHenry through the Mercyhealth system.
- Hospital: Urgent medical problems and surgical needs are addressed locally at Centegra Hospital-McHenry on Medical Center Drive.
- Crime: McHenry ranks lower than the national average for both violent crime and property crime, especially for burglaries, auto theft and arson; however, trends show higher than average incidents of sexual assault.
Sports and Leisure
Residents at Fox Point can enjoy on-site activities coordinated by staff. Those who wish to socialize and play sports in the community will find a range of senior-friendly activities.
- Chapel Hill Country Club: Active seniors with a love for sport may want to obtain a membership to the Chapel Hill Country Club, which features an 18-hole golf course, tennis facilities, a swimming pool, events and dining.
- Golf: Seniors can enjoy a friendly round of golf at McHenry Country Club on N. John Street. For extensive game play, they may want to visit Boone Creek Golf Club, which features a 27-hole course.
- Tennis: Free tennis games happen locally at Knox Park and Petersen Park. The Knox Park courts are lighted, so residents can play any time. Nearby Crystal Lake features indoor and outdoor tennis at The Racket Club.
- Fishing: In the warmer months, seniors may enjoy fishing at the numerous local parks, including McHenry Shores Beach, Rotary Park and Walsh Park.
- Fitness: McHenry Recreation Center offers group fitness classes and a wide variety of exercise equipment with a discounted rate for seniors.
Shopping and Entertainment
Downtown McHenry offers three districts of dining, shopping and engaging attractions to meet all types of interests. Residents looking for outdoor scenery can stroll along Riverwalk, a landscaped riverside path. Otherwise, they may enjoy Main Street and Green Street for local fare and boutiques.
Shopping: McHenry has several shopping malls, such as The Shops at Fox River and McHenry Commons, as well as numerous independent retailers.
Entertainment: In Johnsburg, a 10-minute drive from McHenry, is Raymond's Bowl and Entertainment Center, which has open bowling and leagues. Residents may also want to visit area attractions like the outdoor drive-in theater at Golden Age Cinemas, the Volo Auto Museum and the nature preserves, such as Glacier Park and Veteran Acres Park.
Fox Point provides devotional services to residents. Seniors seeking church membership can choose from a range of denominations. Local churches include First United Pentecostal Church, First United Methodist Church, Joyful Harvest Lutheran Church, Maranatha Assembly of God, First Baptist Church and St. Francis Mission.
The city of McHenry, IL, features a selection of businesses, specialists, churches, attractions and parks to meet all the various needs of aging residents. Families seeking short-term stays for their loved ones can use respite services from facilities like Fox Point. For full-time residents, seniors are also assured continued care with services such as hospice, allowing seniors to stay in their homes as their needs evolve.