Brookdale North Mesa - Mesa, AZ has yet not published prices.

Impressive. Clean. Smoking area. 3 meals restaurant style. $700 for private room. Outings. Walking club.

Very good at finding out the need requirements just not a fit for mom.

A visit

I was not impressed with this community as it felt cold and hospital like. The person that took us on tour was nice and helpful. From what I saw on my tour the community looked clean. I did not think this community would work for my loved one.

TLC for my mom

I like the care at this community for my mom. The staff is friendly and caring. We are happy that they had what we wanted for mom. The meals are outstanding and a nice variety. I like knowing that my mom is participating with the other residents in the activities that are offered. The community is clean and we would recommend other families to see everything that is offered for the care of a loved one.

The Memory Care

Everything seems fine for my dad. He looks happy. The staff are good about communicating with me. They call me back every time and respond to my emails. He is taken care of really well.

Not my favorite...

My first impression of this facility was that it seemed to have more of a nursing home atmosphere than my mother required. There seemed to be a rather institutionalized atmosphere, it did not seem comfortable. Though they had plenty of amenities, this was not my favorite facility.

Nice, small community

We liked this Brookdale property because it has one floor (no stairs) and is fairly small. It also offers a room share option that helps w/cost control. It's kind of like a 2 double bed hotel room! They share the restroom and each has their own closet for clothes. Our stay was not long (only 4 months) and Mom gets to move back to her home with a room mate to keep her company and help with household chores. If or when her ADL's become difficult for her and she needs that hands-on care of assisted living, we will likely have her move back to the Brookdale North Mesa property. Of course, that is, if they have room! The neighborhood looks pretty nice around there and it seems like things people need are close by so the location is appealing.

Safe Place!!

My mother in law likes the breakfast that is offered to her. So, far she does mention that lunch and dinner are not very good to her. The staff try to maintain the community clean and up-kept. I would recommend this place to family and friends. The community does offer activities but at the moment my loved one has not been engaging in any. The staff does try for her to engage in them to a level of comfort.

My Tour Was Nice

My tour of this community was nice. It is a nice looking community. From what I saw everything appeared to be nice and clean. The staff I met was nice and friendly. They were informative and answered my questions. I did find a community that was more convenient for me, but this is a nice community.

It Was A Good Visit and Tour

This was a nice community to see. My visit went fine. I was able to meet with a tour guide who was an informative person. I noticed the facility looks clean and I saw the benefits of the place. I was not offered any complementary meals to get an experience.

Another Tour

This was a nice tour and I think all the people are nice and friendly. We did not like the small atmosphere. There are extra charges for care that is not necessary for my mom's needs. They also have an activities area that are separated in 3 different areas. I felt my mom would get confused.

I Feel There Was No Clear Understanding

I took a tour of this community and it went good. The sales person told me there was a room available and I explained to her that I did not have time to wait. After writing a check, I found out there was not a room available and I feel that she was pressured to place more resident within this community. Overall the community was misrepresented and did not move in after all.

Residents encouraged to get involved

One of the things we just found out about that we really like is a program to encourage participation in activities. It's called "Busy Bee Bucks". Participants are awarded BBB for activities and they can spend them in a "shopping mall" at Brookdale North Mesa. The residents can use their BBB to purchase toiletries, snacks, books, etc. This program encourages residents to stay active and interact with fellow residents. I like it!

Friendly staff and residents

The staff and the residents here are very friendly. The facility itself is always clean. The level of care here is pretty good. The food is also decent. This is not a bad place as retirement communities go.

Not genuine

We were quoted one price and that was raised $3500/month. We had originally gone through a specific priced checklist and told some things were "included" in the rent by the sales staff only to find they were not included.

So far she seems to be enjoying it.

So far she seems to be enjoying it. From what I hear the people are friendly, and it's clean. She seems to be happy. I don't live nearby, but no complaints at all so far.

incredibly friendly

We recently toured Brookdale North Mesa, but have not utilized them just yet. From what I have gathered just from the tour and speaking with them, they seem really good. The staff is incredibly friendly. I was also very impressed with the memory care they provide.

very good

They are doing ok taking care of mom. I have had a few issues where mom has complained about them not giving her the medication, but I tend to think that they are and she is getting mixed up. The food is very good and the
staff is very friendly. Overall it was a very good experience with Brookdale North Mesa.

Outstanding

Very pleased with it. Outstanding. The people are wonderful. I knew when i arrived it was right they check on you every hour to make sure your okay.

Pretty Satisifed

The staff is very, very friendly. There aren't really any issues with cleanliness. They are really wonderful people. I am pretty satisfied. I would recommend Brookdale North. They’re very helpful and very friendly. The caregivers seem … our loved one seems very happy with them, she likes them. Our loved one seems to be okay with the food.

Good caretakers

My friend moved into Brookdale North in Mesa and at first I was concerned that a "shared" apartment may be too small. A roommate moved in and I'm happy to say that she is thrilled with having the company and has made another friend. My overall impression with this community is great. There are lots of activities and she has participated in things like crafts, bingo, games and has used the transportation to go shopping. She has several doctors and they see her there. Brookdale North does accept pets but the cost was prohibitive. My friend is wheelchair bound and needs help with medication management, getting a shower and getting dressed. The caretakers are good and take good care of her. The community is close to me, which allows for me to visit often. The only drawback may be the cost. She was able to get in on a special rate for a set amount of time, but after that the cost goes up substantially. My friend is waiting for Veteran Benefits to be approved, so that will help. I would recommend Brookdale North.

I am pretty satisfied.

The staff is very, very friendly. There could be more stuff to do on the weekends. There aren't really any issues with cleanliness. This is a memory care locked down facility. They are really wonderful people. I am pretty satisfied.

A great, pet friendly residence

My brother has been a resident since mid-July 2014. The staff who operate the facility are very caring and sensitive to needs. The facility is well maintained. They are pet friendly and have many amenities. There are doctors who come in regularly for the residents. Unfortunately, though, the monthly rent is higher than initially due to the level of care that he now needs, so we now have to find another facility until my brother is able to get state assistance. I would definitely consider Emeritus Mesa in the future, though.

Very Helpful

They’re very helpful and very friendly. The caregivers seem … our loved one seems very happy with them, she likes them. Our loved one seems to be okay with the food. She gives us positive feedback about it.

We love the facilities and the staff ...

We love the facilities and the staff is top-notch. They really pamper my folks!

Understaffed and dishonest

We had a very bad experience with this location. My loved one suffered a fall, and they called us and let us know, but after we had her treated and tried to talk to them afterwards they denied there was ever an accident and said she'd been up walking around, which was impossible.
They are also understaffed, especially at night. They contacted me late at night when Mom had an emergency so I could pick her up and take her to the hospital, and when I arrived there were no caregivers on hand.

Thanks!

A Place For Mom was a VERY helpful organization. Debbie (the representative) offered several locations for Mom. One of the locations was Emeritus at Mesa, and we chose this one.

Debbie kept in contact with me throughout this process. I very much appreciated her assistance.

Emeritus at Mesa is a lovely place, and it is close to my home, so visiting Mom will only be a short distance away. The employees at Emeritus at Mesa are very friendly and very helpful.

I thank A Place for Mom and Emeritus at Mesa.

Bad Memory Care Unit

When we visited the community the front door was not secure and the front of the community was just beautiful and really very nice. Then they took us to the memory care are of the community and everything was completely different it was like night and day. The tables in the memory care unit were like school tables that were not very nice. They were all sitting around in a small room that was too small for the amount of people watching TV while they waited for the snack. The rest of the community was very nice and everything but when it came to the memory care unit it was completely opposite. We would not recommend this community to anyone needing memory care.

Great Activites and Helpful People

I give it a 4, something less than excellent only becuase I have experience with other homes that are a little bit more plush. It's nice, but it's an older facility. They're in the process of remodeling it so I almost want to wait and see. They were willing to work with me on the price and so far, the care seems good.

I've had some exposure with the activities. They had a little fair kind of thing last weekend with cotton candy, snow cones and face paiting. It was pretty active. They all complain about the food but I've eaten there a few times and it's all pretty good. They had a BBQ and it was the best BBQ I've ever had. The meat just fell of the bone.

The administration group and all the helpers there have been extremely nice and helpful. It's been a very easy tranistion for me. The proof is going to be in the long term care.

I would recommend it

They could be cheaper but that's pretty much it. They're expensive but probably not compared to anything else. My mom has a 1 bedroom for $3500 a month and I know that includes meals. It seems pretty high but I know they're in the ball park with everyone else.

My mom is happy, so we're happy and she seems pretty busy. They have a 24 hour staff. My mom is safe and if something happens there is someone there.

The food is okay. It's better than hospital food but not as good as I'd like to see. My mom seems to be happy. She's eating everything and has gained some weight back that she lost.

I would recommend it. The people are really nice.

Liked the place.

Liked the place.

They gave a very nice tour but do not...

They gave a very nice tour but do not accept pets. They have so many activities and there is no lockdown schedule can visit anytime. The staff was very helpful.

The nurse from the memory care portio...

The nurse from the memory care portion took us around. I liked the set up, with doors painted with scenery and things to look at in the halls.

outdoor spaces, menu, activities...

outdoor spaces, menu, activities, nice memory care unit.

Fees seem high.

Fees seem high.

too much like a hospital, people leav...

too much like a hospital, people leaving apt doors open, no 1 bedrooms.

Another great place. I'll take my au...

Another great place. I'll take my aunt here as well.

The exterior looked nice. The staff w...

The exterior looked nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I had a sense that the building and facilities were slightly run-down, not bad, but subtle. Seemed somewhat expensive, not much in the way of an outdoor area. 2 people to a room. Each room had an easy access shower. Husband did not get a positive reading on this place.

A very nice, clean facility. I was un...

A very nice, clean facility. I was uncomfortably warm in the halls. The office areas were cooler and the rooms for residents have their own AC/Heat controls. The rooms are a nice size, but not apartment style. Shower had built-in seat and hand held shower head, but there was a slight edge that could cause tripping and it seemed a bit small for someone needing assistance. I like the scheduled mealtimes, and the attention paid to making sure the residents come for meals. There was a bingo game in progress with quite a few people playing. Medication management and assistance appear to be good.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.