Farmington Square at Salem - Salem, OR

Farmington Square at Salem - Salem, OR has yet not published prices.

Loved the personal touch by all the staff. Liked the layout of Transitional pod and even the Memory pod.

Radiant Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience with our community. We appreciate your kind words about our community structure and staff.

Love the community of people. Its a smaller group of residents and is exactly what I'm looking towards "a place for Mom".

Radiant Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience of Farmington Square. We are thrilled that you found this community a good fit!

Excellent circular layout in memory care (can't get lost, no matter which direction you turn leaving your room!) Gentle activities in progress when I visited. Quiet, sheltered garden area with raised bed for residents to plant. Recliners for residents to sit in in hallways and public areas (most places have less comfortable straight chairs). Staff has good longevity -- company promotes from within, and staff seem pleasant and engaged with residents.

Radiant Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience of our community. Your description of our Memory Care is one of the many reasons we love the space so much.

They offer a lot of activities

This facility has met my family’s expectations as well as mine. The facility is nice and the grounds always look kept up with. They do offer a lot of activities to keep my Mother busy like once a week they take the residents on a bus to go drive around or visit a few places. Some of the other things they offer are card games, entertainment that comes in, and musicians who play music for them. The staff has been very responsive thus far even though there have been a few glitches. I would recommend this facility.

Radiant Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience with Farmington Square. We value your recommendation!

Review of Farmington Square at Salem - Salem, OR

Very good organization the workers are efficient and take pride in their work, If you ask them a question and they don’t have an answer, they will get one for you.
The medical people are especially good.

Radiant Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our community. We appreciate your kind words and will share your words with our team, especially or clinical team!

The staff was nice and kind.

I was, unfortunately, unable to visit the facility until my Mother had passed away so I could gather her things. From what I could see I don't have anything negative to say about it. The facility itself looked nice, clean, and they maintained the building very well. The staff was wonderful and kind while I was there. A lot of them came by and gave their condolences. Her room was not very big but it was fairly clean. Everyone from what I know took very good care of her.

Radiant Senior Living

Thank you taking the time to comment on your experience with our community. We appreciate your kind words. It means so much that you put your trust in our care.

Farmington square is the most unfriendly ,uncaring, place ! There was no interaction with my husband , He would be in his room or sitting at a table all by himself . most of the staff are unfriendly will not talk to you or look at you . That includes management . when my husband passed away I received NO compassion from anyone except the housekeeper,not a word our phone call from management The last time I saw my husband he had feces on his hands and face his hair had not been combed and was setting at a table all by himself. this is how he was every time i came to visit. He was only there 2 weeks ( BAD PLACE)

Radiant Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your two weeks at our community. We were disappointed to read that your experience doesn't reflect our commitment to our residents. We encourage you to reach out via our Concerns and Compliments Hotline so that we may address any issues.

A Perfect Match

Our dad is settling in very well here. He has started making friends with some of the other Vets and even one of his church members is here. They all enjoy going to the dining room together too. Dad's room is very nice and we were able to set it up just like his home arrangement. the staff has been great they keep us informed and they have encouraged dad to take part in the activities, the entertainment, and the field trips. And they have him set-up on a schedule for his meds and meals that he can follow on his own. this community was the perfect match for dad.

Radiant Senior Living

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your experience with Farmington Square. We are so glad that you feel that our community is the perfect match for your dad!

My dad is good here and so far he is always on the go. There are many activities like bingo and outings are always planned out, even if it is just to the grocery store. It gives them a chance to get out for an awhile.
He also loves his room. He has his own patio with a sliding glass door and a huge apartment that looks really nice. This is the only room that is like this here. That is why he picked this community. He is enjoying the meals and he likes the other residents. They are nice and friendly. He has settled in and he is happy. Every staff is so helpful with the paperwork, the move in, and they really take care of the residents. Even with small things like a light bulb change. They are very, very prompt and quick. I like that there are different levels for assistance. If he advances he is able to move into cottages that are appropriate. There is no need to move again.

Radiant Senior Living

We are very happy to hear that your dad is doing well at Farmington Square. Thank you for taking the time to comment on his experience getting to know the community, other residents, and staff. We appreciate you taking the time to give others insight into what it is like to live at our community.

Good choice

I feel we made a good choice for my grandmother when we moved her into Farmington Square at Salem. The community itself is well-kept and inviting to look at. She seems to be settling in well there. The staff is very caring and friendly when assisting my grandmother. The staff is very welcoming to the family members when they visit. Although she is in a secure area she is still able to get outside and enjoy some fresh air and outside environment. They provide activities and there are two that she enjoys the most, Bingo and Skip-Bo. I would recommend Farmington Square at Salem to friends and family. I feel she is in a safe and caring environment.

Radiant Senior Living

We are so happy to have your grandmother as part of our family at Farmington Square Salem. We appreciate your kind words about our community!

My mom's care and comfort

We are happy with this community. the staff is caring and we like the atmosphere. The staff needs to work on the outside of the community and make some small improvements. My mom likes the menu and says it is good. This is a smaller community. I like that she is participating with the other residents in the activities that are offered. We would recommend that families tour this community for the cost of care for a loved one.

Radiant Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience of Farmington Square. We are continually making improvements to our interior and exterior and will make sure we focus more on our grounds. If you see improvements that you feel need to be made we encourage you to call and speak with the administrator. We appreciate your kind words.

Bed and Dresser Was Not In A Room

I didn't like the community and I did not get a good feeling. It needs to be updated and when I went into a room I saw they don't provide a bed and dresser. Activities are available to those who want to participate and they do not encourage to resident to participate. The gal was nice but I was not impressed with the facility.

Radiant Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your tour of our community. We are disappointed that your experience was one that we feel reflects our community lifestyle. We actively encourage all of our residents to participate in our large array of activities and events. We also dedicate ourselves to providing one-on-one activities for those who are not feeling up to participating. Our rooms are not furnished as we have found that many of our residents prefer to bring in items from their home in order to feel more comfortable. We would love to have you visit again, perhaps during one of our upcoming events, to see our community in a new light.

It Was Not A Good Fit

From what we saw on the tour, they are not what we were looking for. I thought they were looking dated and the parking for the guests was terrible.

Radiant Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience of our community. Our team works diligently every day to provide extraordinary care and experiences for our residents. There are times that our parking lot is full due to our many events and visitors, we are sorry that your experience of the community parking was dissatisfactory.

She's doing great!

There's a staffing issue on the weekends. They don't have enough people sometimes. They always encourage her to participate but she isn't very social. They take out the trash daily and clean her room once a week.
We chose this community because it offers continuing care and multiple levels of care. I feel confident that she is set for the rest of her life.

Radiant Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience of Farmington Square. We do hope that you know that we are here to help with any comments or concerns and have a hotline email and phone number available on our website and in the community. We are pleased that you find value in our care.

I took a tour!!

When I toured the Farmington Square at Salem, I thought it was exceptionally perfect! I did not notice anything major that needed improvement.

Radiant Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your tour of our community. We appreciate your kind words!

My Nice Visit

I met with a very kind person who gave me a tour of the community. It was a nice place and since my mom has special needs for her diet they had me meet with the cook. They were helpful but not the right fit.

Radiant Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to tour our community and share your experience.

Things are as good as they can be!

The staff encourage my mother in law to participate in some of the daily activities. We have good communication with them. The food was fine and they offer a lot of variety. They do a good job for the most part. I would recommend this community.

Radiant Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience of our community. We appreciate your kind words.

Best decision I could have made.

My mother moved into their Transitions building about a month ago and the transition has been amazing. We thought it was going to take her awhile to adjust and that has not been the case. The staff treat her like family and provide very passionate care, my mother feels right at home. She was able to bring her cat from home and the staff help take care of her as well. I have been very pleased with my decision and am so thankful for all the wonderful people at Farmington Square.

Radiant Senior Living

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your experience. We appreciate your kind words.

An Enjoyable Tour

I liked the tour guide, she did a good job showing me all around the community. I liked how the place is set up but the cottages seemed smaller. I also was impressed with the way the community was organized. They have smaller groups of residents and I enjoyed meeting the people here.. The guide followed up with and I would have considered this community.

Radiant Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to review our community.

I am confident it will get better.

It has been a bit of an adjustment having Mom move into Farmington Square not only for her but for me. Moving her in I've had certain expectations on the level of care she needs since she has alzheimers and I am not completely happy with certain events that have happened. I am paying to have Mom's hair washed since she tends to forget and it seems as though the staff have forgotten as well. She fell in the parking lot and was sent to the ER and you would think they would have some type of transportation for her to return home but instead she rode home in a taxi! I'm not sure how this will work out but I know that it can only get better.

Radiant Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience with our community. Our residents’ well-being is of utmost concern and we wish to address any issues as quickly as possible. We encourage you to contact us directly about your experience so that we may address your concerns. Please contact us through our Compliments or Concerns hotline that can be reached by visiting our website.

Passionate Staff!

Things are going ok. My mother is still adjusting to moving there and has had some struggles adjusting, She has supervised care around the clock, which is what she needs. All of her needs are being met. Everybody there seems to be passionate about the residents and caring for them. They do offer activities, but she is not too social just yet. She does enjoy the food and says that it is better than the food a different facility offered that my father was previously at.

Radiant Senior Living

Farmington is everything my mother's other place wasn't. They were crowded, noisy, no activities, institutional, impersonal, negligent. Farmington is the absolute opposite of that - warm, friendly, quiet, active, homelike.

Radiant Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience with our community. We appreciate your kind words!

On top of things

My Father was in there a week and he fell and they were on it immediately. They called me immediately and they are just right on top of things. My Mother is there too and if something happens they always react immediately.

Radiant Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience with our community. We appreciate your review.

Kind and courteous Staff

The staff is kind at the Farmington Square at Salem. They are very courteous, kind, friendly and professional. I would highly recommend this facility for others to visit and stay.

Radiant Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your experience with our community. We appreciate your kind words about Farmington Square!

Were Really There For Us

The staff at Farmington Square at Salem were really there for us. The only thing I noticed is they changed the head staff quite a bit. I would definitely recommend this facility. It was a very good experience here. My step mom really did not want to go there. One of the caregivers gave her a shower and pampered her and it really helped her feel better. The music programs were a real key to keeping my dad and step mom there. They ended up really liking it at this facility.

Radiant Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience with Farmington Square. We appreciate your kind words and are happy to have you as part of our community.

Farmington Square does a great job.

My wife is in the late stages of Alzheimer's and has been at Farmington Square for over a year. She receives great care and all the caregivers seem to really like her. Also, the food is very good. They know that I visit at a certain time each day and they try to have her out of bed and waiting in her wheelchair for me. On all nice days, we go outside (which is nicely landscaped) and sit for a while.

Radiant Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience with Farmington Square. We appreciate your kind comments and are happy that you chose to share your loved one with our community.

Seemed like a nice place!

I thought Farmington Square was a nice looking place. We toured this community, and 2 others while looking into care options for our Mom. Everyone here seemed very friendly, and it was a nice place, but Mom already had her heart set on another one we toured earlier.

Radiant Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience touring our community. We appreciate your kind words and wish the best for you and your family.

Nice looking place

Radiant Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your tour at Farmington Square. We appreciate hearing about your experience.

My Husbands Grandmother was At Farmington Square for about a year and the Staff were great with her, she ended up going on hospice care, but during her last days the staff made her very comfortable and took GREAT care of her as well as gave the family the support they needed during the difficult time. I would HIGHLY recommend Farmington Square for their loved ones.

Radiant Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience with Farmington Square. We appreciate your kind words!

Super loving and caring

Everybody from the office staff to the caregivers are A+++++++++++++/super caring and with patience that is unfathomable/They are just so loving and professional/that it is such a pleasure to know that my mother is with such loving and caring professionals
The stars should reflect 10+ instead of 4+ on a scale of 1-5

Radiant Senior Living

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your experience with Farmington Square. Your kind words are appreciated!

Not Happy With Them

I am not happy with Farmington Square at Salem. My loved one came home with a blood blister on his heel that opened into a blister and it is still there a year later. They cannot explain how it happened and I am just not happy with it.

Radiant Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your experience and bringing it to the attention of our management staff. We are sorry to hear that your experience was one that does not reflect our mission or standards. We also have a Compliments or Concerns hotline and email address listed on our website. We encourage you to contact us directly about your experience so that we may address your concerns. Thank you.

not happy

We do not have my mother in Farmington Square at Salem any more because we were not too happy with it. We found them to be a bit understaffed for one, which prevented mom from getting the care and attention that she needs. One of moms biggest complaints was the food. The food was just terrible. I looked at it and I wouldn't even eat it. I don't understand how for that price they don't have better food. There was another man there that lost 70 pounds staying there because he would never eat. Mom had several things disappear during her stay there too.

The staff seems to be nice and the place is kept pretty clean, but other than that we really were not happy with he place.

PLUS

This is a friendly, caring facility. It's very 'homey' and the girls take excellent care of the residents and address them by their first name. My friend (a resident there) likes them all.

Radiant Senior Living

We are very happy to read your comment. Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience with our community.

PLUS

Radiant Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our community! We appreciate your kind words!

they are very good

The caregivers they have there at Farmington Square at Salem are very soft spoken, consistent, nice people. They know how to make my moms day go by smoothly. The activities are perfect for what she needs. It has been a very positive experience. We have all felt that it was the right decision at the right time and place. It is a very costly service, but well worth it.

Radiant Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience with Farmington Square in Salem. We appreciate your kind words!

We have been really happy with them, so far.

We have been really happy with them, so far. We haven't seen a problem yet. There is always room for improvement, but I don't have anything specific I would like to see improved.

Radiant Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Farmington Square! We appreciate you kind words!

I couldn't be happier, it's like a community.

It's very clean, and the staff is very nice. They were very competitive. I am very pleased with them. The food is okay, no complaints and it looks good, and she is putting on a little weight. I really like the small cottage concept, with fifteen or so residents in each. It feels more like a family, with a kitchen and a living room and a dining room in each cottage, and then their rooms. They are very accommodating, she likes her room, and they let her walk around the neighborhood. They have family activities, they had a fall festival, and it was a blast. I couldn't be happier, it's like a community. They let her have her cat. There is already someone there when you walk in. The staff really seem to enjoy their job, and each other. I am very pleased we found this place.

Radiant Senior Living

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience of our community! Thank you for your kind words!

Two thumbs "way up" for Farmington Square

The executive director is Wendy McIlnay, and she sets the tone for this clean, friendly, professional, and caring facility.

Don't let Wendy's youthful appearance fool you, she's been involved in caregiving for over 25 years. This is not just a job to her, it is obviously her passion, and she fosters that commitment throughout her entire staff to give quality loving care to folks that they know to be individuals, with individual names, individual personalities, and individual care needs.

Because of my loved ones condition and situation I don't think I would be exaggerating if I said that I have spent more hours, and talked to more staff members, at Farmington Square this year than probably any other visitor has. I believe my review and opinions are accurate and comprehensive, as they are based on hundreds and hundreds of hours spent at Farmington Square this year alone.

I rarely do reviews, but I felt especially compelled to do so when I saw a poor review for Farmington Square, Which to me is clearly unjustified in its across-the-board half star review rating.

Walk in to any of the six resident multi-living homes and you will Immediately see cleanliness is a high priority. And as to friendliness, I don't believe I've ever made it from my car to the building door that I was not greeted with a smile and a welcoming hello by at least one staff member.

Value is a difficult thing to say, because for the most part we generally all think everything has gotten too expensive, but when you consider there are an average of 720 hours in every month, It is much easier to understand the cost structure.

Care services are especially important to me as my loved one has unique needs, but then aren't all of them unique on some level? From the executive director, Wendy, right down to the newest caregiver aid, helping you and your loved one determine the level of care needed, and then implement that plan while having a willingness and desire to adjust what works best for you and yours, is one of their highest core principles. I could give you numerous examples of ways that multiple staff members have worked together to make a difficult situation so much better, not just for me and my loved one, but for other residents and their family members as well.

I challenge you to go to any other facility and find an executive director and management staff that will be personally involved and work as hard, to find not only a plan For "best care" now, but follow it up with solutions to any concerns and/or change of care needs that at some point probably will arise.

I cannot stress enough the level of support and commitment that Farmington square's management and staff have for their residents they care for.

No place is perfect, and maybe the person that left the bad review had a valid concern, but Wendy, her management team, and staff, work hard to address concerns quickly, and to adjust care needs accordingly. I've personally seen them do so repeatedly.

One other comment about this, I have seen on several occasions that a "resident" has received limited visitors, and then someone may come in a month later and make a comment that their family member or friend may not like a certain food or activity, but the resident was unable to communicate that to staff, and there was no previous input from those that did know to inform staff.

It seems to me to be fair, (and realistic), any facility should be viewed more as your loved ones support team, and they may or may not be able to determine from the resident alone, each and every choice about food, clothing, or activity desires. I believe it is our duty as family and friends of the resident to help staff know more about the one they are caring for, so they can make the experience more successful for everyone, especially the one that is being cared for.

It is difficult to know what to include in a review such as this because each need is so unique, which is one of the reasons that I am especially impressed by Wendy, and her staff's willingness to help individualize a care plan tailored to best help the one you love. I could not say enough about this point, and what Wendy and her staff have been willing to do to help assure my loved ones best chance of healing.

In a perfect world no one would get sick or old, and if they did get sick or need some help, wouldn't it be wonderful if we were all equipped to take care of them in their home that they love and are accustomed to. Unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world, and with work and other commitments, there are many reasons why it is impossible for everyone to receive continuous care in their own home, after all I am sure no one loves them as much as you do, and wants the best for them like you do, but sometimes It is just not possible.

I want to finish this by saying if you need help with caring for a loved one, please consider Farmington Square. Spend the time to take a detailed tour. Ask if you can talk to some caregivers that will be helping your family member or friend. Talk to the executive director, Wendy. Talk to the activities director, Heather, Talk to the "RCC's", they will be of great help in determining if Farmington Square is right for you and your loved one. Stop in and talk to Misty at the front desk, you will find her friendly, knowledgeable, and will help direct you to who best to talk to about your individual needs.

It is probably a difficult and stressful time in your life right now if you are needing to make this decision involving a loved one's care, take the extra time now to choose a quality home that works for you and your loved one, so you don't regret that decision later, I believe if you take that time up front, You are more likely to be at peace with your decision, and feel good at night knowing that the one you care about is being well cared for. In my experience, Farmington Square Is one of the best options for care, if comprehensive-loving care is not an option in their present home.

Radiant Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience with Farmington Square! Your comments about your time with our community and your kind words were very much appreciated.

Without going in to detail, I will no...

Without going in to detail, I will not be taking my partner back to Farmington Square. I have sent my concderns to Sue Horn, Community Relations Director.

Radiant Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your experience and bringing it to the attention of our management staff. We also have a Compliments or Concerns hotline and email address listed on our website. We encourage you to contact us directly about your experience so that we may address your concerns. Thank you.

My grandma love it there

My grandma lived at Farmington Square and she loved it there. Everyone treated her with such love and kindness. She was not fond of the food when she was first there but she was very happy when the new manager made it much better. She really loved her caregivers because they were never in a hurry when they helped her. We did not have many problems there but when we did the house manager took care of it fast.

Radiant Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience with our community. We appreciate your kind words!

Pleased with the choice.

Very impressive overall. Extremely helpful staff. Some of them long term employees. Facilities are located conveniently. Pricing is fair and competitive for the area.
Food service is and efficient.. but not much for flavor or visual impact. Nutritional content is probably adequate for most clients' activity level.
I have recommended this facility.

Radiant Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience with our community. Your recommendation is highly valued!

They are very friendly, and they keep it clean.

They are very friendly, and they keep it clean. They try to get people engaged and social, as best as they can. The food is very good. I can't think of anything that can be improved. We are very satisfied with them. I think talking with Sue was what made us choose Farmington Sqare, she was very accommodating, and brought us to have lunch. The way they treated was very impressive. I think they get very good training there, the caregivers and nurses.

Radiant Senior Living

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to comment about your experience with our community!

One thing that really impressed the a...

One thing that really impressed the activities here! There's a good variety of activities - they go for rides around town, listen to music and play games. They have something going on every day and that was something my loved one really liked! The sign-up process was the most confusing and their prices weren't very obvious. It seemed like the people in billing didn't communicate well with the management. Also, the rooms are pretty small and there's very little storage. However, the facility is smaller and is broken up into multiple buildings, where there's about 25 residents per building, so it feels a little more like home.

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to comment!

Doing a good job, overall

We've been pleased with the service at Farmington Square, so far they seem to be doing a good job of taking care of her. The employees are all very friendly and professional, and they keep the facility itself well looked after and clean.

Radiant Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience with our community and for your kind words!

Age in Place

They definitely offer activities, which is nice. They are definitely among the top tier of care facilities of this nature, and they do a really good job. I wasn't really blown away by them, since the feeling is a little institutional. We did like that they cover the complete spectrum of care, from Assisted Living all the way to advanced Memory Care. She can age in place and never has to pack up and move.

Radiant Senior Living

I was recommending them to friend last night.

I was recommending them to friend last night. Such tender warm loving, care. The food is good. If we could get the maintenance man to be a little more responsive, that would be great. It's not a big instutution it's more like families, maybe 14 people in the building. The caregivers are just sweethearts, they offer coffee and hot chocolate.

They Do A Good Job

I loved them. They do a good job but somehow - I don't understand why - my husband was much more combative there. Whether it's just the way the disease is progressing or something that they were doing differently, I'm not sure.

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to comment!

Pros: Nice facility with fr...

Pros: Nice facility with friendly knowledgeable staff. Flexible pricing structure. Food and activity options seem good Cons: Memory care wing has only shared rooms. Other [removed] Residents segregated by level of functioning, move from one building to another as they deteriorate. This could be good or bad, depending.

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to comment!

Liked it but the old style rooms smal...

Liked it but the old style rooms smallish and tight in hallway/bath people around clusters of 4 rooms in hallways

Radiant Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your tour of our community.

Farmington Square Assisted and Memory Care offers a community style setting allowing residents the luxury of knowing a trained staff member is always close by, ready and willing to help. At Farmington Square it is our belief that life should be enriching. Our policy is to provide great food, life-enriching activities, and reliable, courteous service. And, of course, an opportunity to make new friends.

Our goal is to enable senior adults to enjoy as independent and carefree lifestyle as possible.