Evans Retirement Center - Fleetwood, PA

Very Happy

They are doing great things for my grandmother. She likes her newly remodeled suite and is getting much better care there, then she did in the past. She loves the activities, staff and her "friends."

This center, honestly, was horrible. I'm not even sure how somebody could put a family member in here. Also, the rates were comparable to those of other retirement communities that had amenities galore. This place had nothing to offer.

Could Use Some Updating

This community appeared a little older than the others we had toured. I felt that it could use some updating in the appearance of the building. The rooms we saw were small and my parents would have had to share a bathroom and I felt that would be an issue for my parents. The staff was nice and helpful but it just wasn't the right place for my parents.

Good For My Mom

I am happy with the care, cleanliness, and the staff who work there. I picked them for the affordability. My likes the activities. The activities person is really good when arranging them.

Not as expected

There have been several issues with Evans Retirement Center and I have to "pick my battles." I found out they were not giving him a shower. I ended up giving him a shower, which I found out I wasn't supposed to do. They told me they have a schedule for bathing now.

What a nightmare!

This place is despicable, disgusting and just plain nasty. [Removed]. The conditions here were so bad. It was smelly and dirty and just plain ridiculous. It had one bathroom for multiple people and that was nasty. I was horrified to even continue the tour.

All is Well so Far

So far my aunt is doing pretty well here at this community. She is being cared for very well, and we are pleased with all they have done for our family. We haven't had any problems with this community. All is well so far.

My top choice!

I will keep this community in mind to this day. It was a very nice place but my mother needed a higher level of care. It is definitely a great choice for anyone looking for assisted living.

My visit!

This community is a little older than some of them we looked at. The community had a slight scent to it and I am not sure if it was because it was older that it may have had this. It seemed like they tried to keep it clean. The staff were nice.

A nice tour with mom

We toured this community and it was clean inside and out. The staff were very nice and helpful to our needs. We wanted to have our mom make the decision , and over all this is a plesant community.

Good Transition for My Mother in Law

This was a really good move for my mother in law. It was a good transition, and we are pleased with her move to this community. She is doing very well. They are caring for her very well. It has been good experience with the staff. They have been kind and accommodating. The owner of the community is always available. They have nice activities for residents. She enjoys a few of the activities offered. The meals are good. This is a smaller community, and it is family owned. This is a community I would recommend.

Nice place

We only used Evans Retirement Center for a brief time, we ended up needing to find something closer to home, but they did a good job during the time that we used them. It was a nice looking place, and the staff were all friendly and professional.

Friendly, welcoming staff

We're very pleased with Evans Retirement Center so far, they've done a great job looking after our loved one, and treat him very well! It's a nice looking place, and has a very welcoming and friendly atmosphere, and the staff are all very friendly as well!

Nestled in the quiet neighborhood of Fleetwood, PA is the Evans Retirement Center whom has proudly served the Berks/Lehigh Counties since 1984. Our home is owned and operated by two generations of the Evans family. We are known for our small homelike and family like atmosphere. And we know how to add the personal touch.

Our caring and dedicated staff offer 40+ years of combined experience caring for the elderly. Additionally, the five Evans Family members offer a combined experience of 96 years of elderly service. Our staff are also trained to care for the social, emotional, physical, and spiritual needs of each unique guest.

Our home is a unique Ranch style home located in amongst other single family homes in the neighborhood with capacity to care for 28 guests. Horse drawn buggies can often be seen passing the home on Sunday and throughout the week.

Come and relax by our beautiful "Dancing Jewels" water fountain in the evening which displays an array of colors for your entertainment. Also we invite you to come and enjoy the fresh produce that is picked from our very own garden for your personal enjoyment.

Here at Evans Retirement Center,we are committed to providing excellence in senior living. Visit us today to see why our guests call Evans Retirement Center "home."