Nice place!

I did not get to take the tour of this community, but I did get to talk to some of the people. The community was nice and the lady was nice and helpful. We just did not like the distance and thought that it was a larger community.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your tour and had a positive experience with us. We are sad to hear you went a different direction.

great staff

The employees at Elmcroft have made what was a terribly difficult situation for me bearable and I am totally impressed with their patience and caring for my aunt. I have great respect for the entire staff. However, it does distress me that I hear from other families that upper management makes working conditions unpleasant for these wonderful, loving people who care for those poor elderly persons who can no longer care for themselves. God bless your staff.

Good Experience

My mother is still adjusting with her move into Elmcroft. This is a good community and we are pleased with everything they have done for us. Everything about this place is great. The activities are great and the food is good. They have been really helpful and kind to my mother. Our experience has been a good one.

Overall I think what they are doing is good

So far I am totally satisfied. There are several reasons that I say that. The staff is very good with feedback and are very attentive to my Mom's habits. They observed my Mom sitting outside quite a bit and they wanted to know if this was normal behavior or if maybe she was isolating herself. I assured them that my Mom loves to be outdoors. This led me to believe that the staff is very observant. My Mom is very theatrical when she does not get her way and she can be a handful sometimes but the staff handles her very well. Food selection is good. Activities are good. The cleaning staff is decent. They are there for her to help her dress and get to and from her meal times. The facility is also clean and odor free. The residents have a kitchenette and the compressor was noisy in the refrigerator and I said something about it. They replaced it immediately! They seem to respond favorably to requests. The facility is limited in décor and it could have a more homey feel.

Elmcroft

My father in law experienced a fall 4 days after moving to this facility. The nursing staff has been very attentive and are doing their best to help him recover. The food service provided in room meals until he was strong enough to return to dining room experiences. Overall a very pleasant facility. There is effort to make residents feel special.

Nice place

Overall our experience with Elmcroft of Reading has been a good one! It is a nice looking, clean, well kept facility, and the staff here all seem caring and friendly. My loved one is doing well here, and we're very satisfied with the service they provide!

Small and friendly

Mom passed the one week mark at Elmcroft. She is getting good care and is happy. We are pleased with the size of the community. It is quaint and mom gets plenty of help getting around the premise. The food is good and all of the residents that we talk to seem pleased with their experience.

Mostly very good with some exceptions.

The bathroom toliet was not kept clean. The nurse was not schooled in the proper way to inject the Lantus and Byetta, which should be in the belly not the arm. It was injected in the left arm amd resulted in a black and blue bruise which he still has.

Very nice facility. All on ...

Very nice facility. All on one floor. Nicely appointed. Care seems to be good and residents happy. Very impressed.

We liked Vicki and Elmcroft...

We liked Vicki and Elmcroft a lot. The census was impressive and the residents seemed very happy. Beautiful layout and we liked that there were outdoor areas. Also liked that it is close to where Mom is now.

Great Place!!

He loves what their serving for food. He has gained weight since he has been there, and asks for seconds a lot. Very vibrant, the staff sitting down with the residents, chatting and looking after them, I was very impressed with the physical therapists. We have already recommended it to two other families. They have what I call a make a wish program where they find what a resident wanted to do in their life and make it happen, they have helped residents: sing in an opera, fly in a World War 2 bomber plane, throw out the first pitch, they even did an extreme makeover on one womans room, they took her out in a limo and everything.

Elmcroft is Amazing!

After looking at several facilities, I selected Elmcroft of Reading. Elmcroft's on-site leadership is incredible, the staff are exceptionally friendly and competent, the resident care is amazing. There are plenty of activities, and the residents seem genuinely happy to be there. The nursing care is professional and completely in tune with residents' needs. The leadership team at Elmcroft is very involved with residents; they know their names, their preferences, their habits.
At 92, my mother was dead set against an assisted living facility. She was spending a fortune on in-home care that didn't completely satisfy her ever-increasing needs. Within a few weeks of being at Elmcroft, Mom started calling it "home". She's more engaged in life and is thrilled that she can once again enjoy her favorite pastime of pitching horseshoes! All I can say is...WOW!

Welcome to Elmcroft of Reading, located in Reading, Pennsylvania, offering an exceptional personal care community that provides senior living options for seniors.

Elmcroft of Reading is an intimate, senior living community designed to provide optimal comfort, care and privacy. Some features include:

• Private and shared personal care apartments
• Charming, home-like community settings
• Common areas for socializing, dining and entertaining
• Easy access for those with limited mobility
• Signature Programming: Vitality Club, Walking Tall, and Second Wind Dreams®

Our carefully selected and trained staff are equipped to assist residents with activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing, and management of medications.