The Highlands At Wyomissing a CCRC - Wyomissing, PA

The staff is wonderful and caring. Having everything under one roof is ideal. We love that my Dad has a choice as to where to eat his meals and that one day s included each day. The food is fantastic and he has gained about 1 lb. per week which he really needed

Impressive, Impressive;
Aparments a little on small size.
food plan and menu were great. They have thought of
everything. A little costly but great surroundings;

Availability right away!

The staff at Highlands was very nice. The staff was friendly. I was unable to see what activities were offered. What I liked the most about Highlands is that I knew there would be a spot in that community when I needed instead of finding out two weeks prior if there would be availability for a respite.

Only approved for 1 bedroom...

Only approved for 1 bedroom, want 2. Too expensive

Very Happy New Resident

Overall at least a four. I'd give them a five for cleanliness. They've just done an extensive remodel. I couldn't say much more, I just moved in a couple of weeks ago.

I've been in pool exercises twice a week, which is what I was looking for. They have a very good system for taking us shopping to local grocery stores, which I find is excellent.

Five star all around

We chose the Highlands because of it's location, it's close to family members. Also, because of ratings given above - it's five star all around.

The Highlands at Wyomissing is a nonprofit continuing care retirement community (CCRC) located in charming Wyomissing, PA, where the retirement living is stimulating and the ambience gracious. Built in 1989, The Highlands is situated on 113 acres of gently rolling land with tree-lined roads and walkways located next to the beautiful Wyomissing Park. Our retirement community draws a diverse group of residents from the surrounding counties and beyond. We remain the only senior community in Berks County to provide unlimited healthcare at essentially no increase in the Monthly Service Fee. Our history started in April of 1989 when the The Highlands opened its first apartment residences. The Highlands is nonprofit entity of The Reading Hospital Health System. Today, The Highlands offers 248 residential apartments of various sizes, 40 spacious two- and three-bedroom villas and homes and the Farmstead. Our residents enjoy amenities such as a fully equipped Fitness Center, a heated indoor swimming pool, computer center, 5,000-book library, art studio, putting green, etc. We also offer Personal Care accommodations as well as a Skilled Nursing Center.