Estrella Oaks Rehabilitation & Care Center - Georgetown, TX

• In-House Therapy Providers
  • Wound Care Physician
  • Laundry Service / Dry Cleaning

Review of Estrella Oaks Rehabilitation & Care Center

I think the facility is fine. The staff are very attentive to my loved one's needs. He does not have to wait long to get help. When he has to use the restroom, they come right away. The doctor and his assistant are understanding and helpful. Therapy is good, and the therapists are good and patient. All of the nurses are very good, and all of the staff are kind and understanding. The aides pick up anything on the floor. They clean every day, and they pick up after every meal. The food is good. The communication is great. I have no problems.

Review of Estrella Oaks Rehabilitation & Care Center

All of the staff members have been extremely friendly, and my loved one seems to like them all. The staff seem very competent. Every time I have been in a room, they just got done cleaning or they are cleaning. All of the meals I have observed have been fine. He just needs help eating them. When he goes to eat, he is sitting there having a terrible time because of his medical conditions. He loses a lot of his food. I feed his meals to him. Today at 12PM he ordered tea, and they brought him coffee. He does not like being in a small room by himself. I do not feel like there has been a whole lot of information given to us.

Review of Estrella Oaks Rehabilitation & Care Center

The nurses are friendly and helpful. Two of them tried to put a temporary IV in my loved one's hand, and they were incapable of doing this. She is taking medication via IV, but when they check her every two hours, they find her IV line on the floor. They are not doing anything else to help her. I have never seen an aide. They say she is getting physical and occupational therapy each day. They bring her meals to her room, but she will not eat the meals. They call me when things happen.

Review of Estrella Oaks Rehabilitation & Care Center

The front foyer looks clean. The food is bland and not very good. The coffee is weak. The first time my loved one received his medication, he had to instruct the staff member how to give it to him. They have only called me once in two weeks.

Review of Estrella Oaks Rehabilitation & Care Center

My loved one is happier and stronger since he has been there. We are really happy with everything. They are constantly in his room cleaning. It is fantastic how the grounds are kept up. He has been very happy with the meals. He really likes the therapists. We have had to go to the nurses for updates. They had paperwork that that did not apply to him, but management helped with this and is very receptive. He is happy with some of the aides, but not some of the nurses. Management has addressed the issues. At night, he had an accident in the bed, and they did not come to help him. They took some of the bedding off, but did not come back.

Review of Estrella Oaks Rehabilitation & Care Center

My loved one really likes it. The therapists are very nice. The nurses take care of him very well. One aide said he would do anything he could for my loved one. It is very clean. They keep track of doctors' appointments, and arrange rides and everything.

Review of Estrella Oaks Rehabilitation & Care Center

My loved one has had good care. The staff is all very good. The food is very good, but she is not eating much. I saw her this morning, and she was completely nude, and she still is nude.

Review of Estrella Oaks Rehabilitation & Care Center

The meals look pretty good. It could have been cleaner in the room.

Review of Estrella Oaks Rehabilitation & Care Center

The PT is good, and the overall care is poor. They are not attentive at all, though we like the afternoon LPN.

The staff is very caring. This is my loved one's second go around at this facility. They give him a choice of what he wants to eat and they had a wonderful Christmas dinner there.

The therapists are by far the best. The food came cold to start with. They serve slow in the dining room and they let the Alzheimer's patients mix with the rehab people and it's unpleasant. But if you eat in your room then it's nice.

The nurses are good and very responsive. The cleanliness looks good. The room is a little small, and my loved one is having to get used to that. The meals are good.

The food is acceptable.

There was no way to turn the lights on and off, so I had to sleep with the lights on. I checked in on a Friday and stayed until Sunday. I didn't see a doctor or PA, but I saw a nurse. Every single cup of coffee was stone cold. Not just lukewarm, but COLD. Everybody in our senior community says the place is absolutely rotten. I checked myself out on Sunday against medical advice. They never once emptied my urinal. I asked for a glass of water and after 45 minutes I pressed the button and no one came. They said I wouldn't see a doctor or PT until Tuesday, even though I checked in on Friday afternoon. I plan on telling everyone in our community to stay away from this place. There was lipstick all over the glass they brought my orange juice in. I never got one hot meal, and if you need anything while the staff is eating, they will not move

I would recommend Estrella Oaks to a loved one.

I would rate the overall experience a 5!

I would recommend Estrella Oaks to someone needing rehab care

The rehab staff is absolutely great. It's nice. The place is clean and smells good! The quality of the food needs improvement.

They are very friendly. It is very clean. The meals are balance and delivered warm but don't taste great

I have been in the dining room and their food looks good and they seem to have a lot of options.

I would recommend Estrella Oaks to a friend.

His rehab therapist is excellent. Estrella Oaks Rehabilitation and Care Center is an impeccable place. There was one staff member who was disrespectful, but the rest of them are very friendly.

They were great overall. I think they could have given more information on the medication she was taking.

It took a bit little of navigating and getting through some issues for her to get settled, but things are better now. The meals have improved a lot since the last time she was there.

They do let her pick out her meals. So far, they have been very good with communication. They are very understaffed. My loved had not had a bath until talked to them about it and then they gave her one. They're very friendly and I understand it’s not their fault.

The therapist is really good with letting me know what is happening. My wife does not like the food at all. She says that there is no flavor.

The therapy is pretty good. The nurses are short-handed. They don’t come very quickly when my loved one needs to go to the bathroom. The place is very clean. When I ate there I thought the food was good.

I would recommend them to a friend or family member. We have had a hard time communicating with them because they don't reach out to follow-up.

They have been doing a good job with keeping us updated. Everything is going fine so far. My mother is very, very picky on food, but its fine for her.

They need to be more involved with making sure the nurses and staff are doing what they're supposed to be doing and tending to all of the patients. The food they brought my mom is too hard for her to eat.

Bosses breaking your privacy

I don't see how you are sick and tell someone and they criticize you. Make fun of you and tell other co-workers about it. Especially if it's your boss going around doing this. Something need to be done about bosses criticize people when they are suppose to be there to help. I would like to know what can be done about that. You are suppose to be able to talk to the boss not them spreading you medical treatment or illness. That's against the law.

I liked them very much but have the f...

I liked them very much but have the following reservations: 1. Number of CNAs per resident. They have 2 CNAs for a hall of 32 residents which equates to 16 residents per CNA. This could be very problematic as I have witnessed the level of care with a lower ratio. 2. Concerned that anyone can walk in. Visitors are not required to sign in, show identification or sanitize their hands upon entering the facility.

At Estrella Oaks Rehabilitation & Care, we are committed to providing our patients and residents with compassionate and quality care with access to the state-of-the-art equipment. Our team of dedicated professionals work with patients to develop an individualized plan of care to achieve each patient’s desired outcome. By providing the highest level of care, we help our residents return to their community and support them in a healthy long term living environment.

Through our physical, speech and occupational therapeutic programs our clinical staff conducts a thorough evaluation of each patient’s needs and goals to create a unique therapy program catered to each patient’s intention and ambition. Our Rehabilitation program provides patients with private and semi-private rooms with full baths, in-room dining options, cable television and telephone, beautician/ barber, beautifully decorated rooms, daily activity planning and cultural events.

Meals are served restaurant style with selections taken by the staff at the time of the meal. Each meal is prepared fresh, daily. Meals are designed to accommodate all residents, including those with specific dietary needs and therapeutic needs.