The Brazos of Waco - Waco, TX

The Brazos of Waco - Waco, TX has yet not published prices.

• Wi-Fi
  • Outside Patio Garden

Review of The Brazos Of Waco

They are nice and it is clean. My loved one's nurses communicate well. The therapy is excellent. The employees are very nice. The staff is great. It is always clean every day. It is good food. Sometimes she does not like it, but usually, it is good.

Review of The Brazos Of Waco

They provide excellent communication. They are friendly. They don't answer the phone in time. It rings and rings and rings, and then I have to call back to talk to my mom. The communication about her care could improve. We are still waiting for lab results.

Review of The Brazos Of Waco

They provide good care. They are friendly. The communication is good. The food is dry. I don't think they have enough nursing staff.

Review of The Brazos Of Waco

They are nice here, and the food is good. My loved one is a lot happier here than she was before. It is clean. The meals are really good. There is too long of a wait for medications and help. She waited two hours for her medication. When she hit the call button, she waited 30 minutes. We have not had any communication from the facility.

Review of The Brazos Of Waco

They are doing the best they can there, and overall, I am satisfied with my mother's experience. At times, she complains about having to wait to receive help, but I do not believe she waits longer than she should. She has mentioned that the facility has been providing her with a lot of fried foods instead of catering more to her dietary needs. Communication is kind of lacking. It can be difficult at times to get the right information and answers to my questions. It is a process to get answers.

Review of The Brazos Of Waco

The staff is receptive to make things work. I'm there daily, and the therapists do a good job. Nursing communicates well with me. The admissions process was rocky. The nursing assistants didn't seem to know my loved one was there. The TV remote can't turn on closed captions. There is no water in the room. There was a dead roach under the bed.

Review of The Brazos Of Waco

The therapists are doing an outstanding job. The staff is very friendly. They took care of a housekeeping complaint. Once I spoke to the head of personnel, they got things changed with the staff. There are some things that need to be fixed. The dinner was cold. Some nurses are good and some are not that great.

Review of The Brazos Of Waco

The therapists are pretty darn good. The staff is pretty good. They are pretty friendly. It is clean. The meals have been okay after a rough start. The dietician asked my loved one what she likes to eat and not eat, and they brought her what she told them she does not eat. Now they are better. The communication is good now, but not at the beginning. They didn't tell us anything. They picked her up from the hospital and did not tell her anything, and it really upset her. The meds were messed up at first.

Review of The Brazos Of Waco

The speech therapist seems very nice. The one CNA I met was very nice. It seems like they are very understaffed. My loved one had dirty silverware this morning. There is only one nurse at the nurses' station and there is a line to talk to her. I went to dining room to get sugar and cream for coffee, and people started giving me their food orders because no one was there.

Review of The Brazos of Waco

The place is great. The stay went very well. I have recommended this facility already to people we know. The only improvement I can suggest would be for the program to cater more towards their patients' dietary needs.

Review of The Brazos of Waco

My father was here, and the staff could not have been better. One of the nurses was outstanding. They would call me to stay connected, as well as answer any questions we had while we were visiting.

Review of The Brazos of Waco

The CNAs in particular have done very well with my loved one and go out of their way to show they care. When we first arrived to the facility, we had a couple concerns about the meals. However, since then, things have really smoothed out and they have improved.

Review of The Brazos of Waco

The experience with the facility went as smoothly as possible. It is a very clean facility.

Review of The Brazos of Waco

The facility itself is nice and the staff is nice. They are proactive if they think there are any problems there. The rehab therapy services are amazing. He has made improvements. The facility is beautiful and clean.

Review of The Brazos of Waco

It is a new facility, and it is very clean and organized. The administrator was very friendly. Everyone is very friendly. They are working with my loved one every day with exercises. It is going well so far. He feels like he is making improvements. He is getting baths and is being taken care of. The staff smile and say hi as soon as you walk in the door. They have a care plan meeting next Wednesday. There has not been a need to talk with me. I appreciate the admissions guy who was very helpful. He put the patient first.

Review of The Brazos of Waco

It is good. It was nice, and everything was good. The nurses were nice. The staff were great. The meals were really good. The communication was great and very friendly.

Review of The Brazos of Waco

It is clean, bright, and smells good. The food is really good. It is on one story with no problem for wheelchairs. I am quite pleased. My loved one goes to therapy daily and sometimes she does not want to do a whole lot. She is taking part and is smiling. I am pleased with the three nurses I have had interaction with. They are attentive and knowledgeable. I like the charge nurse during the day. She is exceptional. Everyone is cheerful. We are working on communication, and it is getting better.

Review of The Brazos of Waco

My loved one is getting very good care and the facility is very clean, with no odors. The chef spoke with us extensively. The staff called me twice about my loved one's future care.

Review of The Brazos of Waco

My mother was here, and it went pretty well. My only concerns are that at times it seems short-staffed, and also I wish there could be more time spent with the patients on an individual level.

Review of The Brazos of Waco

The facility smells good. My loved one and I like one of the nurses who works days. She gives good information. I do not see a nurse for hours at a time and same with him. They may be under-staffed or over-worked or something else. The staff have not disrespected us. I feel like they waited too long to give him therapy.

Review of The Brazos of Waco

The nurses are wonderful. My mom likes many of the nurses, and they stand out on communication with me and my mom with all of my mom's struggles. There are about eight nurses who are wonderful. I have had challenges with communication with laundry, and a little with the rehab department. A lot of that was with the transition, and some things are a daily occurrence.

Review of The Brazos of Waco

The facility is filled with compassionate, attentive staff that cares for its patients. The nurses are dealing with my mother's medical condition. They seem very equipped to handle her care. My mother is always kept clean and that is nice to see. The room is always clean. My issue has been with with communication, not having all of the facts up front. The process can be a bit overwhelming, especially with the time constraints. Also, maybe the information could be presented a little differently. For example, when they did an evaluation, I felt as though it was negative and it was a little frustrating to hear this.

Review of The Brazos of Waco

I liked the facility. The rehab was really good. The nurses were good. The staff was pretty good, but the food was not that great.

Review of The Brazos of Waco

The therapy is going good. Everything is good, with the exception of keeping my loved one's wound clean. The nurses have been good, and they treat her well, but they're shorthanded and they don't get to her fast enough to clean her up. That's why she's in the shape she's in. They're doing as good as they can with what they've got. They're good nurses. They just don't have enough help. The staff have all been good. They're all extremely friendly. The only thing about the meals is that they're a little bit slow to get them out to the patients. Meals are often late. But they're pretty decent. I'm there most of the time, so I'm pretty well informed.

Review of The Brazos of Waco

The rehab therapy services were great! The staff was very friendly!

Review of The Brazos of Waco

When I visit the facility it seems to go okay. My mother does raise some concerns. However, I am not sure about the validity of the concerns. When I am there, there seems to be a timing issue with the call buttons. It seems as though the call button will be on, and I am able to see employees that are not actively attempting to help. We did have a problem one day when we returned to the facility and there was an odd liquid on the floor around her bed, so I had her change rooms. Also, at times, the call buttons do not work, as well as the televisions. We had this issue in both rooms. Every meal is late. I am in communication with them often, but I have to initiate it.

Review of The Brazos of Waco

The staff are very patient. It is a very clean facility. There were some problems getting my loved one set up, and I do not live close. No one at Brazos contacted me, but the hospital did. I eventually got a call a week later after she was there at Brazos. She had a lot of complaints, but now they are worked out. One of the issues was that she was not eating. It took a while to get them to understand that maybe she could eat something else. The nurses are helping, but some things are not great. We wanted her to be on a certain medication. The nurse said that I had to be there in person for this, but I am far away. I called to talk to a nurse to see if we can talk about this, and I got no response from the nurse.

Review of The Brazos of Waco

This facility was recommended to us by a friend. It is absolutely beautiful. My mother has been going through a very tough time, and we have had some concerns as far as the care at the facility. She was in isolation, and I felt as though it was not handled properly in terms of sanitation. The facility was very clean, but the room was not. They left contaminated materials. There was a stench. I told 4 different people, and it was not taken care of.

Review of The Brazos of Waco

The staff have all been very nice. The rehab therapists have been coming and getting him, and he got a good workout. I do not feel like my loved one is being attended to like he should be. He calls the nurse, and it takes too long for help and he soils his clothes. He had some medications to take in the morning, and I could not find anyone for help while was coughing so much. I finally called and spoke with someone, and they said no one is available. I asked for a call back, and no one called me back. The staff seem to be more helpful and nice when I ask them for help. He just got a shower after one month and only sponge baths every three days. I do not have any communication unless I ask. I feel like I am a bother to them.

Review of The Brazos of Waco

Our family has had several experiences with other facilities, and overall this one is definitely better than our prior experiences. The rehab therapists work with our mother, are very friendly, and take time and patience to encourage her. The nurses that are dynamite are one who goes to bat for my loved one, the wound care nurse, who is so good, and one who is very approachable and answers my questions. It is hard to get information from the assistant director of nurses. At times, my mother has to wait quite a while to get to bed. She cannot push call button, so there is a new system put in place for her. It seems as though the care is a bit slacking in the evening shift. When we ask questions, it can be difficult at times to get answers. The assistant director of nursing sat with her 2 weeks ago, and we have not heard back at this point. There was an issue with medication. I did talk to the administrator about this, and he was very good. If there are any changes, I get a call. They do not have a baked potatoes, and she loves them. Maybe just the little things like this could be improved to help with her already restricted diet.

Review of The Brazos of Waco

They gave him good service, but I had to change him myself at times. We liked the therapist. The nursing care was excellent. The staff care was good. He liked one CNA who worked in the morning. They provided food three times a day. I do not know why they discharged him because he is shaking and sick still.

Review of The Brazos of Waco

After visiting her, she would tell me therapy was going well. Then, they called me to tell me they are discontinuing her therapy because she wouldn't participate. There was no communication up until this point. The facility needs better quality food. The cook does well with what he has. The food is better than other facilities we have been to. The nursing staff does really well with keeping me informed.

Review of The Brazos of Waco

There is miscommunication with the nurses. My loved one's scheduled medications are not on schedule. Missed doses have occurred. There are miscommunications between the shifts.

Review of The Brazos of Waco

The director is a very nice helpful, man. It is a beautiful building and very clean. This is one of the reasons we chose to come to this facility. Props to the cook. The meals are very good here! Mostly this review comes down to the nursing care my mother received while at the facility. My mom had a medical condition, and they were not treating her for it. They said it wasn't within the doctor's orders. Also, she had an injury and we were trying to get the swelling down, but they were not icing it. We could not get anyone to come to her room with the call button. She would call me at home, and I would have to call the building to tell them that she needed help. One of the nurses did not have a good attitude behind your back. I was not impressed as far as communication is concerned. They have a doctor that you have to go through. This doctor is not familiar with my mother or her history. I felt as though he was an invisible doctor. We were having problems getting the right medications and almost needed emergency care because the right medications were not being provided. I felt as though sometimes the communication was hurting the situation instead of solving it.

Review of The Brazos of Waco

They could not control my loved one's pain. She has a medical condition, and they could not handle her.

Review of The Brazos of Waco

I am extremely disappointed with the lack of progress in therapy. The doctor requires pain meds for my loved one 30 minutes before therapy, and the meds are late. My loved one has not made progress in therapy. They assured me that she would walk, but there are no results. They are understaffed. There is one nurse there, and they are occupied at the computers. The aides are good. The cleanliness is excellent. The food is good, but someone should observe the patients while they eat.

I talk to everyone there every day, I just love them all. The meals are fine. I eat in my room because I don't like to be bothered. They are pretty good at keeping me updated.

The place has been a blessing for my loved one. He got sick and is in the rehab until his procedure can be done. I love this place, and they take such good care of him. He likes it here. He is doing a little bit of rehab. The facility is very clean, 100%. It feels like you're walking into a big hotel. He has really good meals, and they are very nutritious. He is on a special diet to prepare for surgery, and they know what to do with the cooking for him. They keep me informed. I listen to what they have to say, and if I want to know something they answer all my questions.

We are a community of wellness, independence, and luxury. The expert staff of The Brazos of Waco is dedicated to providing you with individualized short-term and long-term rehabilitative services, with the touch of elegance you deserve. Our deluxe facility is newly built and expands 61,000 square feet, located just minutes from nearby hospitals, restaurants, and Interstate 35.

The Brazos of Waco Luxury Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing offers a range of rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, for short stays and extended care. Our facility is equipped with infusion therapy and TPN service technologies, along with advanced modality wound care treatment. We also provide tracheotomy care/weaning, and pulmonary rehabilitation featuring in-wall oxygen and suctioning.

Our fine dining experience is restaurant style, with two beautifully decorated dining rooms where residents enjoy fresh, alternating menus. Residents have access to our luxurious spa room complete with whirlpool tubs and walk-showers. Our amenities include flat screen televisions, an Internet café and WiFi.