Estates at Grand Prairie - Grand Prairie, TX

They are the most wonderful place in the world.

They are the most wonderful place in the world. They cared for her, they got to know her personally. They were very warm and welcoming. They did a great job, and I am so happy I found them.

You can not trust any of the workers. Friendliness is low, the atmosphere is dirty and the staff are very lazy to work. [removed] Medication was left out and saw passerbys randomly taking medications. Misplaced medications, which is very dangerous when it is dealing with the enderly. You can give a wrong medication and it can be quite lethal. Never ever going back to this place. DO NOT BRING YOUR PARENTS OR LOVED ONES HERE THEY WILL SUFFER HORRIBLY.

It was not what we were hop...

It was not what we were hoping for. The POC forgot my wife was coming. She wasn't allowed to look at a room. The apartments have pull cords in case you fall (I guess if you fall you better be near a cord). Eating in the room is not an option and there is no place to keep snacks in the room. No security system installed, doors are not locked at night. Due to lack of communication between the staff, they had no idea how long the waiting list was. The contact had no idea about what they do to maintain an individual plan of care. There is a dog (the house mascot) that just roams the facility.

Apartments to small.

Apartments to small.

This is an older facility a...

This is an older facility and although it is neat and clean, I felt depressed from the moment I arrived. Lighting in the common areas and hallways was dimmed. Although I had an appointment, the woman at the desk was not expecting me and questioned why I was there. The staff was not friendly. I was impressed with the director, however. He has been at the facility for less than 3 weeks and has some wonderful ideas to make the facility more inviting and comfortable for the residents. For instance, he has plans for a non-denominational service for the currently unused chapel on the premises and wants to brighten up the outdoor courtyard. I expect to see some positive changes in this facility down the road.

The American Religious Town Hall Meeting, Inc. is a nationally recognized non-profit corporation headquartered in Dallas, Texas. Founded in 1952 as a cooperative venture between Protestant, Catholic and Jewish religious leaders, Town Hall offers discussion and exploration of differing religious and civil viewpoints through the medium of television. We have expanded our services offering excellent care and secured assisted living. The Estates Senior Residence is an important part of this nationwide program.

It is this concept of human understanding and cooperation between people of various persuasions that makes The Estates at Grand Prairie a place where men and women feel welcome regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, or religion. Our purpose is to provide a fulfilling quality of life and respectful environment for senior adults who need assistance with the activities of daily living. A cheerful and caring setting encourages and supports the well-being, dignity and independence.