Atria Grand Prairie - Grand Prairie, TX

Overpriced for what they offer

I toured this facility while looking for a place for my Mother. I feel like my mom wouldn’t fit in at this community. I also really didn’t like how the building was set up either. It is more expensive than other places that I toured and the rooms are much smaller. The marketing director who gave us the tour was totally awesome and seemed to be very knowledgeable. I would recommend this facility to families who are willing to pay the prices here.

Nice, well-kept place, plenty of activity, liked the food set-up with open salad bar & soup with menus on each table. Priced a bit high in comparison to Meridian and Crescent Point specials, especially one time community fee.

Super nice staff

Everything has been going good so far with my love one being here. The location is a nice clean place and it has everything that my love one actually needs. The staff is super nice and they have great communication skills. If something were to happen they would call my brother right away since he lives closer to the facility. She also has a MedAlert button that she can push to get help. They provide tons of activities for the residents to participate in and the other people there are very friendly. My love one has friends to sit with during meals and every time she waves at people they wave back at her. I would recommend this location.

Great Food Great Friends

We love this community mom is so happy here. They are treating her well. ANything we request they go above and beyond to make sure it happens. The dining are is nice and she has a group of friends she eats with. I'm impressed with the cleanliness. SHe enjoys the daily activities like the bingo is her favorite and they have singers come in. The atmosphere here is calming and peaceful. There are rocking chairs in the front atrium and in the back too. I would recommend this to my friends and family.

We love it!

The staff, managers, and the people are all helpful, friendly, and welcoming. Everyone goes over and beyond the call of duty to make sure my mom's needs are met. The move-in and transition period has been very comfortable for my mom and for my husband and myself. We are really glad we chose Brookdale Grand Prairie for my mom's home away from home.

Fine place!

This facility is just fine. Though there wasn't much that particularly stood out to me, I wouldn't have a problem placing my loved one here for her respite stay.

A good experience!

While my wife was at Brookdale Grand Prarie, the staff treated her very well. They took good care of her and it was a good experience. It was more expensive than the at-home care, but for the amount of care that she received, it eas a bargain.

I like the care at this nice community. The staff is very helpful. An excellent menu and she are very pleased with the nice salad bar and soup bar. They have alot of nice activities that I am sure she will get involved with after settling in. We do recommned the care and the value of this service to other famileis

Lovely Place!

We were able to take the tour and we really enjoyed the community. The staff answered all of our questions and took us around the community. We also saw that the residents were out being busy. The only thing is that we felt that my mother in law would not get the one on one care that she needed.

Very Nice Assisted Living Community

My husband is doing very well at this community. The whole family is happy with his move here. I really enjoy the staff, they are lovely. The community is well-kept, they do a very good job with the cleanliness of the facility. The grounds and his room are also well-kept. There plenty of activities for the residents. I know he is in a good place with friendly people. This is a community I would recommend.

So Far So Good!

The Brookdale Grand Prairie has been a good community so far. The staff is very friendly and the place is kept very clean. I have not tried the meals myself but from what I've seen they're healthy and nutritious. There has been a small problem with the bathing, but I will bring that up to someone soon.

The community is older looking!

The receptionist offered the tour and answered our questions as best as she could. They annoyingly followed up with me many times to invite me back even after I told them why I choose another community.The dining room was very crammed at meals. The tables and chairs were tightly packed and it was very difficult to get through the dining room. The residents are welcome to come and go as they like. The community is close to a movie theater, grocery store, and busy street. I wanted a more secure community for my loved one.

They made us feel at home when we toured. They listened to my mother about wants and needs. Explained the community so that she would understand. Tanya, Quan, Sue, and Marilyn are great.

Accommodating Staff

We have been other places and it was much more expensive for less amenities. We were in the midst of another contract and what Horizon Bay did was had a special going on and they took months off the end so we could move in sooner. They worked with us and it was great. They are accommodating as well.

Overwhelmed

I have been overwhelmed by the care, understanding and quality of services.

A perfect place for dad.

Like many other families, the decision to encourage my father to enter an assisted living community was difficult for all involved. The staff and community members at Horizon Bay, Grand Prarie sold my dad on going there. From the intake staff (Lee Ann [last name removed]) to employees of two different Brookhaven facilities -Brookhaven Cedar Hill and Brrohaven De Soto (Jan) we were treated with understanding and sensitivity. They directed us to people who helped with financing, as well as applying for a VA pension we didn't even know dad was eligible for. I could go on and on, but suffice it to say our father is content and being well taken care of by caring, upbeat people. Great staff, beautiful, well planned accommodations, good food (my dad is a foodie too) and the 46"TV one of my brothers bosught didn't hurt!

Mom is doing great.

We couldn't be happier. Mom is looking better than she has in years. We really thought we would be lucky if she survived another 3 months; now she may be with us for several more years. She is even putting on weight which she really needed to do

Mom Likes It

There is nothing negative to say my mom seems to like living there. The food is good and mom likes it.

We don't have any concerns, Mother loves it.

We don't have any concerns, Mother loves it. She is happy so I am happy! It's clean, and the staff is great. She loves the food and I ate there once it was good. It's going good.

Review of Horizon Bay Grand Prairie Assisted Living in Grand Prairie, TX

Predominantly assisted living--liked this facility if assisted living is what my mom needs. Clean, attractive, homey--rocking chairs, little clusters of apartments to combined sitting areas. Some activities--liked area as there is a UA movie theatre, Walgreens, CVS and Wells Fargo around the corner--places my mom goes.

Doing a good job

Our loved one is in a particularly difficult situation, but the staff of the Horizon Bay are doing what they can. They seem to be doing a good job, it's clean and they provide all of the care and activities that one would expect.

They do more and charge less, than the last community we were at.

They do more and charge less, than the last community we were at. There is plenty to participate in. The way they do their food is so much better than her last place. They have a menu, and if you are hungry in the evening or in between meals, you can order something then too. Their activities director is just amazing! They have gone to the symphony twice and she liked it. They do trips to the store every week and take people to doctors appointments if they need to. The residents look happy too. The rooms are nicer there are more windows and feels more independent.

This felt like home from th...

This felt like home from the moment I walked in. There are rocking chairs on the front porch, and friendly residents who welcomed me with hello. The staff was also warm and welcoming. Although the facility is 10+ years old, it is well taken care of and looks brand new on the inside. Individual, psycho-social, intellectual, emotional, and physical needs all appear to play a part in the care of every resident. I'm impressed!

We liked this one today! Loved the di...

We liked this one today! Loved the director!

Best for him. Horizons in Grand Prai...

Best for him. Horizons in Grand Prairie, staff there all over 8 years, residents 100% happy to be there, loads of activities, day trips, excursions to parks, lakes, shopping more than once weekly. They also have 50% men residents on the property, all veterans! They even get to choose what they want for meals from a menu?..not be served what was cooked. The downstairs kitchen is also open all day long?.no assigned meal times or missed meals if you?re out doing something & get delayed. Awards for excellence in many categories are all over the walls. I?m convinced they were earned honestly.

Very impressed with the facility and ...

Very impressed with the facility and staff. I liked that Assisted Care is available without having to change facilities or even apartments. The location was very convenient to shopping and library and is near where my Mom already lives.

“We provide a homelike environment filled with friendship, caring, laughter and family values.” Nestled in the quiet Westchester residential subdivision, Horizon Bay Vibrant Retirement Living in Grand Prairie, Texas, is located just minutes from Arlington, just off I-20 and Carrier Parkway. The community sits on a heavily wooded lot, surrounded by trees, walking paths and benches.

Our apartment-style community offers all the conveniences of home without any of the work. Horizon Bay features its own library, morning bistro, meeting rooms, beauty & barber shop and Grand Lobby with fireplace. Our spacious apartment homes offer a variety of floor plans with walk-in closets, private bathrooms, enclosed porches and beautiful landscape views. With open seating and all-day restaurant-style dining, we offer nutritious, chef-prepared menu selections made daily, including homemade soups and salad bar.

Our award-winning Signature Programs offer a wide variety of top-notch services for both independent and assisted living residents. With an exciting array of social, educational and cultural programs, residents are encouraged to renew their old interests and explore new ones. Popular classes include Matter of Balance, Mind Aerobics, Self-Care for Chronic Pain and daily exercise classes. Help with everyday tasks can make a big difference in the quality of your life. It’s comforting to know that you can continue to live life to the fullest at Horizon Bay – with the added security of a full spectrum of individualized care and wellness services tailored to meet the needs of assisted living residents.

Call today to arrange a visit, and experience for yourself the meaningful lifestyle our residents enjoy every day.