Wingate Residences at Boylston Place - Chestnut Hill, MA

Review of Wingate Residences

This community, given it's size is more like a family cooperative staff. Very good food. An executive director who is responsive to residents needs. House keeping could use some improvement, and staff could benefit from increased staff. All in all I'm happy to be here.

Review of Wingate Residences

[Name removed] explained all to us and viewed 2bd and studio facilities. The public areas are delightfully appointed.

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

I considered this location, as I was looking for options. The staff were very friendly and helpful. It was a nice place. Their pricing structure was not really ideal for the amount of care my loved one needed. This just didn't appear to be a good match for us.

EPOCH Staff

Thank you for considering EPOCH Assisted Living of Boylston Place at Chestnut Hill for your loved one. We're very glad to hear that your visit was a positive experience, and we appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts. We hope you and your loved one were able to find an assisted living community that fit your needs.

My mother recently moved into Boylston Place after living in her home for the past 40 years. Boylston Place is an outstanding community and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for senior living options. From the moment we walked in, we instantly felt welcomed by the staff and the charming community feel. We had looked at many other places in the area but found none like Boylston Place. Their sales and marketing director helped us through this difficult process from the moment I called her to meeting my mother and helping with the transition. She truly helped us through a challenging and difficult time. She was extremely patient and knowledgeable about what we were going through. My mother was very anxious about this whole process and the team at Boylston helped her and us through it. The staff is very warm and inviting, always available to answer questions no matter how big or small. They are responsive and you can tell they truly care. My mother often raves on how great the food is, she talks about the chefs always making her feel special by making her special meals and always accommodating her requests. She has made quite a few friends in the community, we call her often but she is rarely in her apartment, she always says, "There is always great things going on in the community so I don't plan to sit in my apartment". All of the nurses that work in the community are extremely helpful and patient with my mother as well. We are very pleased with our choice as Boylston Place for my mother. We trust that our mother is in the best place, the team is simply wonderful and we are lucky to have found them.

EPOCH Staff

Your thoughtful praise if very much appreciated. Our community is built on making residents feel AT HOME and helping them to enjoy the lifestyle they choose. We are honored to have your mom live here.

Wonderful place!

They've done an absolutely fantastic job at Boylston Place, we couldn't be happier with it! The staff are all very communicative and helpful, and they've gone out of their way to make her feel comfortable here. It is a warm, welcoming community, and it really feels like home!

EPOCH Staff

Thank you for the kind words about our staff, and it's great to know our residents are at home here.

Boylston Place is a lovely, small ass...

Boylston Place is a lovely, small assisted living program with on site nursing and various levels of support. I selected it for my mother based on its proximity to where I live, the intimate, small size of the building (less walking required), their variety of activities and the longevity of staff working there. In most areas, I have been delighted with the program. The staff are pleasant, generally responsive and attentive to my mother's needs. The facility is beautifully maintained and location allows easy access to shopping and restaurants. I have two concerns about the program that, had I known in advance, might have changed our decision to move our mother here. The first is the types of activities available which, on the calendar appear to be interesting and varied but in truth, they are often sparsely attended or the quality of the presentations is poor. For someone who prefers to stay in their room or goes out frequently with family or friends, this may not be a concern. But our mother is somewhat limited in her ability to travel and she relies on building activities to keep her sharp, mentally and physically. The second area concerned what nursing staff at Boylston Place may and may not do. As an example, when my mother had a fever recently, the nursing staff could not take her temperature and my mother did not have a thermometer. When my mother had an upset stomach recently and she had no OTC medication, neither did the facility nor could a nurse have dispensed it even if it were available. I find this peculiar since the facility that my mother was in previously (albeit in another state which may explain the difference), on site nursing staff could dispense OTC medication, take my mother's blood pressure and basically coordinated much of her medical care. I probably should have asked better questions when I met with staff.

Wingate Residences at Boylston Place is a senior living community that provides traditional assisted living with security and every opportunity for a full, enriching life. Owned and operated by Wingate Residences, Boylston Place is located in one of Massachusetts’ most exclusive and picturesque towns and offers a lifestyle unmatched by any other assisted living community in the area.
The lifestyle enjoyed by residents at Boylston Place presents them with unique opportunities for personal growth within an active and engaging community. Boylston Place focuses on promoting the health and vitality of residents through exceptional wellness and fitness programs tailored to each individual's ability and personal goals. Residents thrive through daily activities designed to encourage participation and interaction with peers and to enhance each person’s physical, emotional and mental well-being.
At Boylston Place we believe that once you're a member of our family, you will always be a member of our family. Boylston Place offers a full array of services designed to help you stay as independent as possible, but should the need arise.
We provide an enjoyable, comfortable and dignified lifestyle in gracious surroundings, complemented by high-quality healthcare services. We’re committed to being the residence of choice for seniors.