Rogerson House - Jamaica Plain, MA

We were very impressed with the beautiful and well- maintained facility. Staff were welcoming and friendly.

Friendly Place!!

The staff has been very nice with my father. The communication has also been very good for the family. My father mentions that the meals are okay. Activities are offered my father like to participate in some of them. Everything has been going well concerns that i have i can speak with the directors and they will work with me. I would recommend the community to friends and family.

My Second Choice, A Very Nice Community

I really liked this community. This was my second choice for my father. The staff was very kind and informative. They provide individual care plans for the residents. From what I saw the community is well maintained, everything looked nice and clean. My tour went very well, this is a lovely community.

Overall very positive experience

Admission was a very easy and well guided process. A lot of attention to detail from everybody. Diet, interests, peculiarities. Highly professional staff from top to bottom.
I like single rooms with shared bathroom.
Well maintained garden/park, where weather permitted a lot of activities happen.
Well organized and well maintained medicating system. Doctors and RN nurse visits with feedback for the family.
I'm also renting the furniture, everything was done to help me and my loved one to adjust.
it is easy to reach everybody from director to maintenance.
Hope it will go on as well as it started. So far we reached a one month mark.

They care about their residents!

Their presence and staffing is right! They understand people with memory problems and know how to manage them and treat them...they just seem to care about them. They are adequately staffed, which is night and day from our last place!

They take care of everything for her

My aunts only been there two months now, the cleanliness is definitely a 5, the staff is extremely friendly, I haven't been to any events but I know that they do a lot with them. My sister has been there when my aunt has been doing some stuff, she's very happy there and she hasn't asked us to bring her back home. My partner works with the elderly all the time and as he puts it, she's now back in a spot where everyone is taking care of everything for here, so she should be happy. They do have osme nursing staff but it's not the same as a nursing home.

I spoke Exec.Dir. It has only people ...

I spoke Exec.Dir. It has only people w/dementia and Alzheimer's and thus has a better staff/resident ratio than usual. As needs of resident increase, cost does not. Same staffing on weekends as during week. 32 beds on 2 floors - more advanced people on second floor. laundry onsite; they have residents w/aides for meals only. Activities run 9:30-7:30pm w/ 2 recreation staff on ea. floor. music therapy, yoga (designed to match abilities on 1st or 2nd floor). Interns from MSW progr at BU, med stus. from BU. People stay thru end of life if medically possible (hospice). All programming geared to people w/all levels of dementia. Even if very little response residents find some activities stimulating. Most other places have a floor or a wing devoted to memory care but they will put early and late stage together. This place specializes. They were built (1950's), in late 1990's built 2 assisted living floors designed for people w/dementia. First of it's kind in the area devoted just to all levels of dementia. Units are a huge rectangle w/common areas in middle (can't get lost or stuck at end of hall). "Premier community for any kind of dementia".

The Boston Alzheimer’s Center is a community dedicated to the care and support those with Alzheimer’s Disease and related disorders, such as Parkinson’s, stroke and brain injury. The BAC is recognized by health care professionals as the leader in the field of dementia care.

The Boston Alzheimer’s Center offers three programs: Assisted Living, Respite Care and a Community Day Program.

- The Assisted Living accommodates up to 66 persons with memory loss. A team of skilled professionals provides 24-hour care for our residents. This includes assistance with ADL’s and medication, meals, 11 hours of daily activities and medical observation.
- The Day Program accommodates up to 24 participants per day from the community. The program operates Monday through Friday from 9am to 3pm. The focus of the Day Program is structured activities in a success-oriented environment.
- Respite care is available within the Assisted Living Community. The minimum stay is only four days. Respite residents receive the same care and benefits as our full-time Assisted Living residents.

The Boston Alzheimer’s Center is owned by Rogerson Communities, a non-profit organization providing innovative solutions in housing and health services since 1860.