English Meadows Abingdon Campus - Abingdon, VA

Exceptional

My mother and aunt are both residents of this facility and our entire family has been extremely pleased with the care and support they have both been given. The actual building is new, modern and well equipped but it's the staff that gets the highest ratings! Everyone, and I mean everyone, has gone out of their way to make our loved ones feel loved, safe and valuable. They all seem to go the extra mile and really care for the residents. Also, the residents care for each other. My mother is dealing with a terminal diagnosis and the staff has been so supportive of her and all of our extended family. We looked at many facilities and we are so happy that we chose English Meadows.

I have lived here before and now I am back

A few years back I lived here and left and now I am back and I love it here. I already have family that lives here as well so I am surrounded by people that I know. The food is wonderful here taste very good and is hot. There is always something to do whether it be going to a day trip or going shopping or just doing things at the community you will never be bored. The staff is wonderful here very nice and accommodating and helpful. My dog loves it here as well we are always outside playing or taking a walk.

Need Quality Care Fast!

One year ago next month, my Mother fell in her home and broke her arm. After being taken to the hospital, she was given the diagnosis of Dementia along with her broken bone. I then knew that the time had come that she could no longer be left to live on her own. I live in an adjacent State, with a full time job and taking her out of her environment would not be an option that would lead to her well being. Fortunately, a few months prior to her fall, I had taken time off from work and traveled to Abingdon, which is close to her home town that she knows well, to start the search for a quality Assisted Living Facility. When I first arrived, at dinner time, I was met by friendly staff and noticed how content all the residents seemed. They were all laughing and talking with each other and a true sense of "Home" was felt. The Administrator approached me and was so gracious, helpful and informative. She took her time in telling me all about the facility and made me feel so welcomed. She stayed with me long after 5:00 which I so appreciated. Just a few months later, I found myself in desperate need to find a special place for my Mother to make a transition from her home t a "around the clock" assisted living quickly! The first phone call I made was to English Meadows! I am not sure that the same Administrator remembered me, but she made me feel like she did. She was so reassuring and calming. and said that she did have availability for my Mother. I was so relieved! That was 11 months ago and I am still just as impressed with English Meadows, the Administrator, her Director of Nurses, the Nursing Staff, the Dietician, the Activity Director, every aspect of the facility I give the highest of marks! I feel so content, knowing that Mother is happy, safe, well nourished and content as well. Thank you English Meadows! You have my heart! [Removed]Charlotte, NC

I was very impressed with the facility and the staff!! Seems like residents are very happy! And the staff was friendly and interacted with us in a positive way!!

Excellent Experience!!

Wonderful experience. Couldn't imagine any place better for my Mother. Excellent Staff, good food, clean and wonderful environment!! Hats off to English Meadows!!!

Excellent Experience!!

Dad Seems Comfortable

I am happy with the care that is offered at this community. They have attentive and friendly caregivers and the staff do well keeping in touch with me if needed. My dad thinks the meals served are okay. The community has activities available but my dad socializes on his own and made a few friends.

Seriously consider English Meadows!

[removed] My mother-in-law went from an independent living retirement community, Elm Park Estates, to English Meadows because she needs so much care now. She has only been there a couple of weeks, but I am confident we will not be disappointed. I have never been to a facility as wonderful as this one. The building and decor are very pleasant, yes. But it is the workers that impress me most. Gentle, kind, invested in their patients. It is enough to make one just cry with thankfulness and relief! As if this was not enough, English Meadows also has this incredible business plan where they do not charge extra for every little thing like most memory care places. I've been looking for about three years for a place my mother-in-law could afford as her dementia increased, but each facility would charge for this and that until it was way beyond budget. My family is so happy knowing that Grammy is in a safe, healthy, loving home now.

Check into English Meadows. You will never regret it. [removed]