Commonwealth Senior Living at Cedar Bluff - Cedar Bluff, VA

• Memory Care Services

Availability

Several times I have called to speak with an administrator or to speak to someone in charge and they have not been present. I have left messages for someone to contact me but hadn't received a call back. I ended up calling myself again. I realize they have lives outside of their job but a call back would have been nice when they returned to work. Also, it is difficult to reach my loved one when I call. Often I get cut off when I call or my call rings constantly and no one picks up. I understand that workers are busy with patients but after several attempts over several hours I should have been able to get through. A variety of food appealing to the patients should be available. Older people are accustomed to garden foods and it would a welcomed meal for them to have some fresh garden dinners occasionally. (this is a request from several patients that I've heard from myself)

Commonwealth Senior Living

On behalf of Commonwealth Senior Living at Cedar Bluff, I would like to thank you for sharing your comments. Providing our residents and their families with high-quality care, dignity, respect, and compassion is our top priority. We appreciate your comments and sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I’m sorry that you have had trouble contacting me and would welcome the opportunity to meet with you to discuss your feedback, including calling your loved one and the dining services available at our community. I can be reached at [removed] and look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank you again. Lindsay Smith, Executive Director at Commonwealth Senior Living at Cedar Bluff

The Best of The Best

This community is excellent, anytime I have been into this community everyone has a smile on their face, the resident always have a smile on their face. They do amazing job and the care they give to the residents there is second to none! I highly recommend this community to anyone that is looking for a forever home for there loved ones.

Son

Great Place Great Help!!!

Think Twice

My mother spent a month at Commonwealth memory care in Cedar Bluff, Va. I have a number of concerns. First, the aides seemed to be more concerned with cell phones than with the patients. I have arrived more than once to find that my mother was not given food because she did not go to the dining room. I had to request a tray be sent to her room or I suppose she would not have been fed that day at all. The food was one of the few positive things about the facility. It was home cooked and delicious. My mother was left alone most of the day with no interaction with anyone for hours at a time. The aides did stick their heads in the door every two hours but that was about it. There were supposed to be activities everyday, but I didn't find that to be the case. Patients were left for hours just sitting in wheelchairs. The entire atmosphere of the facility was depressing. Needless to say I transferred my mother to a different facility which I have found to be wonderful. The staff treat the patients with respect and great care. I would not advise anyone to leave a loved one at Commonwealth Memory Care in Cedar Bluff, VA.

Commonwealth Senior Living

Ms. Altizer, thank you for sharing your concerns with us. On behalf of Commonwealth Memory Care at Cedar Bluff, I’m very sorry that you’ve had this experience. I can assure you that we care deeply for our residents and strive to provide them with compassionate care in a home-like atmosphere. We’re working with our team members on best practices training for memory care and planning additional activities for our residents to enjoy. I welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience further and how we can address your concerns because I take them very seriously. Please feel free to contact me directly at [removed] or [removed]. I look forward to speaking with you. – Lorna Weldon, Executive Director, Commonwealth Memory Care at Cedar Bluff.

Very nice place!

I think they do a very nice job at Commonwealth Assisted Living! The facility itself is well kept and clean, and unlike some other communities I've had experience with there are never any unpleasant odors. The staff here are friendly and professional, for the most part, although sometimes there are a few things we need to remind them to do. My parents are doing well here, and I like that we were able to keep them together in the same room.

Out Mother is in the memory care unit of Commonwealth.
She is happy and content and looks very well cared for.
One of the factors that made us choose Commonwealth was the fact that they would also allow our Father to come with her. It has been an adjustment for him, put he likes the people and is able to see that they are taking great care of Mom.

Welcome to Commonwealth Senior Living at Cedar Bluff, a premier senior living and memory care community in scenic Southwest Virginia. Our community provides comprehensive services for residents in a caring and home-like atmosphere. We’re honored that our community plays a vital role in Commonwealth Senior Living at Cedar Bluff and our caregivers are born and raised in the area. They are truly an extension of family for our residents. Our team members don’t just give compassionate care, they also provide peace of mind for families and loved ones. Commonwealth Senior Living at Cedar Bluff also values our commitment to environmental sustainability. One of the country’s first “green” senior living communities, Commonwealth Senior Living at Cedar Bluff boats energy efficiency, healthy building materials and reduced environmental impact for future generations.

Our beautiful location in Cedar Bluff is another distinctive quality of this incredible community. With serene views of the Appalachian Mountains, our residents have access to many fabulous amenities. Our full-time activities director coordinates daily activities, trips and social programs. Residents enjoy private or companion suites with a private bath and their pets are welcome too! With no expensive entrance fees, enjoying life at Commonwealth Senior Living at Cedar Bluff is an affordable option. We also believe in personal and dignified care which is why our team is on-site 24 hours a day and we develop an individualized care plan for each resident. We understand that everyone has unique needs and we tailor services to our residents, such as medication management and assistance with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing and grooming.

At our community, residents experience all the comforts of home plus maintenance-free living surrounded by the stunning vistas, friends, neighbors and compassionate caregivers! With a variety of living options, you’ll be sure to feel right at home. Explore Commonwealth Senior Living at Cedar Bluff further and schedule a tour today.