Forest Ridge - West Jefferson, NC

Beyond our expectations

This community has gone beyond our expectations in their care for our mother. I have not seen my mother so content in many years. She is taking part in the activities and on the field trips she has helped the needy kids pick-out school supplies, she helped a friend find a watch. The community is beautiful, clean and welcoming.

A Good Experience

I just think Forest Ridge did a really good job on helping my loved one adjust to the atmosphere. It is a difficult time for anyone, but my loved one ended up liking it at Forest Ridge. It was a good experience.

Things went well when we put her in f...

Things went well when we put her in for assisted living, but the only thing we've come up against, which nobody told us is we had already had her signed up and everything, my brother in law is power of attorney over her finances, and they told us there was a $3000 non refundable community fee, she was adding it non chalantly like everybody knew about it and they just looked at each other and said they thought the other person told us about it.
Everything else has been pretty good, my brother in law says they get your money and then they don't care about nothing and they don't give us attention like when we first went. I know she's satisfied there, she says she likes it and more people come to see her there, she used to say negative things to my husband and she doesnt say things like that now.