Commonwealth Senior Living at Abingdon - Abingdon, VA

Need my own space!

This community was okay. The people were very nice and helpful. The community looked clean and kept up for the most part. The only thing that we knew would be a problem was that they have 2 to a room and dad needs his own private room.

A Pretty Good Tour

I liked seeing this community and I thought this is a really good place. It appeared clean and nice. Since it was later in the day there was not much activities happening. However, I saw some residents in the dining area and they were friendly to chat with. The staff all seemed to be courteous and respectful.

My mother, Marcella, was admitted to your facility recently. The decision of having to move mom from my home to a facility was very emotionally upsetting for me. From the moment I was introduced to and was contacted by your facility, the Sales and Marketing Director could not have been kinder and more helpful. She came in one a Saturday, gave me a personal tour of the facility, explained the admission and policy procedures thoroughly, listened patiently to all of my concerns and questions and helped me make the transition run smoothly. She has continued to assist me and has also helped my friend, who is facing a situation and decisions similar to mine with her mother. I can’t express my appreciation and thanks.

Why We Chose Commonwealth

When we began researching memory care options for my Mom, we looked at multiple facilities. My Mom felt more comfortable in a smaller facility, like Commonwealth Assisted Living at Abingdon. My sister and her husband, a Baptist minister, were in when we had the appointment to bring Mom up to Commonwealth. Mom felt so comfortable with Sweet Memories and thought the place was beautiful. She talked about how bright and how pretty the rooms were and Mom even picked her room out that day. As we were leaving, my brother-in-law said to my mom, that was the place for her. Then he turned to me and said that in the 40 years of his ministry that Commonwealth was one of the nicest facilities he had ever visited. I knew then that we were where Mom needed to be. When I left from visiting Mom I didn't leave crying because the staff was so precious and she was in wonderful hands. Commonwealth is such a wonderful place.

Don't be fooled by the pretty building

The management at this facility leaves much to be desired. The workers appear to answer to no one. The food is terrible and unless your loved one is able to pretty much take care of them self I would not recommend this facility.

Commonwealth Senior Living

Ollie,

On behalf of Commonwealth Assisted Living at Abingdon, I would like to thank you for sharing your comments with us. I am very sorry that your experience did not live up to your expectations. Providing our residents and their families with high-quality care, dignity, respect, and compassion is our top priority. I would appreciate the opportunity to meet with you and discuss your concerns in person. My e-mail address is [removed] and my phone number is [removed]. Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to speaking with you.

Lisa Neice, Executive Director at Commonwealth Assisted Living at Abingdon

Welcome to Commonwealth Senior Living at Abingdon, a premier senior living community nestled in the historic town of Abingdon in Southwest Virginia. Our community provides comprehensive service for residents in a caring and home-like atmosphere. Our ideal and convenient location is just minutes from downtown Abingdon, healthcare facilities, shopping and incredible natural surroundings.

Our community features a variety of amenities to ensure our residents are comfortable, happy and healthy. Our full-time activities director coordinates daily activities, trips and social programs. Residents enjoy private or companion suites with a private bath. One of the most exciting features is that our residents’ pets are welcome too! With no entrance fees, enjoying life at Commonwealth Senior Living at Abingdon is an affordable option. We believe in personal and dignified care which is why our nursing team is on-site 24 hours a day and we develop an individualized care plan for each resident. We understand that everyone has unique needs and we tailor services to our residents, such as medication management and assistance with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing and grooming.

Reinforcing this community’s commitment to excellence, we currently completed a renovation to better serve our residents and offer additional services, including our Sweet Memories signature program, which received a best practice award from the Virginia Assisted Living Association. It’s specifically designed for those experiencing memory loss, Alzheimer’s or dementia.

Residents experience all the comforts of home and maintenance-free living surrounded by the Blue Ridge Highlands, friends, neighbors and compassionate caregivers! With a variety of living options, you’ll be sure to feel right at home. Explore Commonwealth Senior Living at Abingdon further and schedule a tour today.