Transitions Healthcare Oakland Manor - Sykesville, MD

Residents seemed well cared for and staff were attentive. The facility is working to redo rooms with new "wood look" laminate. Walls are white with little art or decoration. Acceptable, but could be hugely improved if they redecorated to make the facility more home like. Very clinical.

Place is being renovated -s...

Place is being renovated -staff were very nice- level of care was not appropriate for my wife's needs. The dementia unit would not be appropriate either- the environment of care was not what I want for my wife. I would use Transitions again, but Mary would need more help in ADLs and security as well as cueing for bathroom and ensuring she was watched and taken care of for everything.

Happy!

Found this place after much research. Glad to know that they will not just kick my mom out when she runs out of money. A friend found this place after she spent all her moms money at a pricey place. I visited her and have seen the new owners continue to make things better.it was a no brained when I needed help with my Mom.They have explained what happens and even given me Medicaid information so I can start keeping track now. It's no castle but it has all the things my mom needs, good care from people that really care, good meals and activities. She is always clean and seems happy.

GREAT!!

The care my Mom recieves is by far better than I ever expected. The staff is warm and friendly and always seem to go the extra mile. My Mom was in an assisted living that almost took her for broke. the care she gets here is affordable, without all the extra bling that she would never use. If I have issues it is always handled immediately and the director always thanks me for bringing it to her attention.

LOVE IT!

My father has been there for 4 years. I love the new ownership and the director really cares about everyone! The new ownership has done huge improvements to the building and the care is good. Even my sisters and I were unable to to provide perfect care, if I have issues they do their best to resolve it quickly and even thank me for bringing it to their attention. My dad has been in a nursing home twice in the past and the care he gets here far surpeeds the care he ever got there and they had RNs around the clock. Not sure when the terrible review occurred but I totally disagree. I visit several times a week and am always greeted with a warm smile and I have no problem leaving him in their care. The staff works hard and always goes the extra mile. I see very few visitors when I visit and see that the staff is just like family to all the residents. The prices are fair, especially when I consider the amount of care my dad is given. He is always clean and although he cannot verbally communicate, he seems content and smiles a lot. As my Dad's condition worsens and he ages, they always try to put things in place to be able to provide care. I can't say enough good things but could probably write a book!

Great Community

They were really a great community. They did a great job. The staff is very kind. Their director is really quite good. They really are just super. They have open communication and really kept us involved. I would recommend them to anyone.

Last place you should consider!

My Mother is housed at this facility, not my choice and I have no legal right to move her. We visited and she has had on slacks that have been soiled. The floor in her room has been filthy and the bathroom also. She is always in bed when we arrive, even when most of the people are in the dining room eating. The staff always tells us she's tired and didn't want to eat. There is no place to visit with her except in her room as the tv room is very small. The front hallway where there is a sofa is open to all and not pleasant. As for the staff, who knows? I could walk out with her and know one would ever know she was gone for days or at least hours. We always have to hunt someone down to let them know we are taking her out. Please don't allow your parent or loved one to be corralled at this place.

Oakland Manor is a fully licensed assisted living residence, for seniors who are in need of some assistance in their day-to-day activities, from our caring professional staff. Our residence, designed and built for that purpose is the answer.

Located on a three acre wooded site near the Liberty Reservoir, Oakland Manor has provided quality assisted living since 1972.

Our residents enjoy the companionship of others in our community rooms, including our lounge room with a large color television.