Brookdale Tulsa Midtown - Tulsa, OK

Very grand as you come up the drive. Not much parking, not many of the residents drive. It is older but they are giving it a face lift. This was my 85 year old Mom's pick, she felt most comfortable there tho I felt it had a more nursing home feel to it. [name removed] was great and knew all the residents by name, many of the staff have been there for years and the grounds are very pretty.
My Uncle moved in here on my mother recommendation, I've visited and am even more impressed so I'm upping my rating to 5 stars instead of 4.

A safe place

Brookdale Tulsa Midtown is just wonderful my husband and I are very thankful. We both call it a safe place to be and I couldn’t say anything better about this place. I give this place a five star rating.

Trilled With This Community

I couldn't be any more pleased with this community. This is a wonderful community, and my mother is doing well since her move here. Before her move to this community, we were told to start planning for the end stages. However once she made the move to this community, she has improved very much. They are doing great job taking care of her, and her needs. I'am very comfortable with her move to this facility. They work very well with my mother. I'am trilled with everything they have done for our family, and I would recommend it to anyone.

We like this community. The staff have been helpful and caring to her needs. The community is clean and a nice enviroment. I was pleased with the menu and enjoyed the meals with my mom. They offered her to participate in the activiites with the other residents .We would recommend this community for other families.

Enjoyable Environment!!

I have no complaints about how things are going for my loved one since he made the moved into this community. It is a very positive atmosphere and has turned out to be the perfect fit for him. He is making friends and has enjoyed participating in some of the great activities they have available. I like that I see him eating well and enjoying his dinning experience with the other residents as well.

Care with Improvements

We have been happy with the care at this community. The staff has been fantastic. The community is clean. The menu is good and he has liked a lot of the good variety that is available. This community has helped my brother improve and he is happy that he will be coming home. I would greatly recommend this community for the wonderful care that is offered with a good value for other families.

We toured!!

My brother and I thought that this was a very nice place, and it would have worked out great for our father. The facility was clean and all of the residents were clean as well. Everyone was very friendly. My mother was the one who made the choice and chooses another place, but this one was a great option.

My husband is doing okay as a new resident. I feel the staff are doing alright by his needs. I picked this community because A Place For Mom had referred them to me and I had to find a place quickly. On the tour I was impressed with the staff, more than what I saw at other communities.

A Better Fit For Someone Else

I had two main factor to find; location and staff. On the tour at this community, I found that this didn't have what I was looking for. The tour was good, I got to see the whole community and the representative was on time for our appointment. This just was not the place for us, nothing was wrong the community.

Care and comfort

We liked the care that was given to this community. They had a nice variety for the menu on the meals. They offered activities for the residents who could participate. We liked the cleanliness of the community. We would recommend this community to other families.

Bad day to visit. Major construction due to burst sprinkler line. Facility in desperate need of upgrade anyway. Generally well worn conditions. Observed frightful conversation when waiting on appointment. A caregiver arrived unannounced in lobby to discuss a residents worsening skin condition with a administrator/nurse only to be told by same that she didn't have time this second. The caregiver and residents care was clearly simply dismissed at the time. I continued tour anyway and has not impressed and swayed from my initial poor impressions.

I love it

The food is very good and they offer a variety of choices. The community is clean and well maintained. They offer a lot of activities and mom enjoys participating in them. I chose this community because I liked the way the staff care about the residents. I would recommend this community.

Fantastic Tours

The tour I had went very well. It was very helpful with good information about the community. They were on time and terrific. This was a hard decision but mom made a different choice. The rooms did not have enough space for her personal items.

A nice place for me to live.

I like living at this community. The staff is very nice and caring. They could use a little help with the food. This is a clean community and always taken care of. I would recommend this good care for others to live here.

This community gets our recommendation!!!

The more experienced staff at Brookdale Tulsa have been very helpful with my mom's transition into the community. The food is well balanced and tastes good. They have a good chef. Her room is kept clean and the building is well maintained.

Highly recommended

I would highly recommend Brookdale for anyone looking to move their loved one into a great community. The community it self is gorgeous and very clean. The staff here are very friendly and caring. They are very attentive there and helpful. I have already recommended it to my friends for their loved one's.

Not Much Interaction

I have noticed that they seem to be low staffed in the dementia area and you go in and the residents are just sitting around like nothing is going on. They have a schedule of events, but there is not much interaction going on.

parents are all moved in and they are excited to be there

Emeritus at Tulsa is now Brookdale at Tulsa. My parents are all moved in and they are excited to be there. The staff is unbelievable. Diane the nurse is just outstanding and gives excellent care. The property itself is older than others but it is well maintained. The service is just excellent at this facility. I am really pleased with everything here.

My Loved One Has Enjoyed It

I think they have been real attentive to my loved one and he enjoys the food they offer there at Emeritus. He is also now participating in a lot of activities, so I think he has enjoyed his stay so far.

very pleased

We have been very pleased with Emeritus at Tulsa (now Brookdale) My father in law has been there just over a month. The staff is very attentive to his needs, and the facility itself is very nice and clean. There have been a few small issues that have arisen, but nothing out of the ordinary for memory care and they have been very willing to work with us.

Overall we have been very happy. He is still new and getting acclimated, but things are going very well.

Problems with the memory care

Our experience with Emeritus at Tulsa has not been a good one so far. The facility itself is nice looking, and well kept, and I believe the assisted living potion is probably a fine place. However, my loved one is in the memory care section and I just don't feel that they watch them closely enough, our loved one has had more than one bad fall since moving in.

Nice looking place

We visited this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I thought this looked like a very nice place, overall! The staff we met all seemed friendly, and the facility itself was attractive and well kept. It wasn't the best fit for us carewise, but it is definitely somewhere we were considering!

The Staff Is Very Friendly

The staff is very friendly and management was very supportive getting father acclimated. Food is good although seems to run out but do offer fiver different dishes to choose. Father is blind but staff encouraged and assisted with activities he could participate with.

smooth transition

The welcoming and singing of the contract is a very efficient process. They gave an excellent tour, and made it a really easy decision to make as well as a really smooth transition.

Emeritus, a great community

It has only been 3 weeks but mom has adjusted nicely. Emeritus has been great in every way. I feel so relaxed that mom is here. Some problems in the first 3 days but the staff handled them quite well and I began to know that we had found the right place. She loves the food and the community

The Emeritus at Tulsa is nice. The st...

The Emeritus at Tulsa is nice. The staff seemed a little different but they were friendly. My grandmother will be moving in this weekend and I have high hopes for her at the facility.

I liked this Emeritus and the one in Broken Arrow.

I liked this Emeritus and the one in Broken Arrow. The staff was really great in both places. It was nice and clean. The reason I chose the other Emeritus, was that their resident to caregiver ratio was a little better.

It's been great.

It's been great. They keep it clean, and have lots of activities. We haven't had any concerns or complaints about the food. There haven't been any concerns about anything really, nothing that needs to be improved that I can think of. It's much better than the place where she was before. The value, and feeling like you get your money's worth is really good too.

keep looking

I would never put another loved one here. .this place is awful. ..

Sam Pollock

Your comments don’t mention anything specific, so it is hard for us to respond. Your experience is not typical, as evidenced by the other reviews here. We would like very much to learn more about your experience and to respond to your concerns. To do so, we need more information from you. We invite you to reach out to our community management team.

Very nice. While I was wait...

Very nice. While I was waiting I visited with a resident who really likes it there. Also observed aides and other employees interacting with residents. Mike Lowe was awesome. You can tell he is out among the residents as he knows them and they know him.

I think they are having a hard time keeping staff.

I think they are having a hard time keeping staff. They have lost both of their cooks, and I think they recently hired some people but it's been pretty much frozen and institutional food. The food was pretty good, then it was bad, but I am looking for it to improve. There is a disconnect between the administrative staff and the caregiving staff and also a disconnect between the corporate office and the administative office. There seems to be grumblings going on, people aren't happy with their supervisors. The individual staff members are all quite pleasant, but they seem to have a hard time keeping staff. Company politics it seems is the issue. The corporate people have sent out a questionaire, I liked that, they seem to be working on improving things.

Recent change of staff was much needed

Apparently they had a changeover of most, if not all of their care people right at the point when I didn't know what was going on. About the time I was thinking something was seriously wrong here I noticied when I walked in the laundry was all done, his apartment didn't smell, his room was clean, it was much better. I don't know if it was just our person or if it was a total overhaul. A couple of months ago they said he wasn't cooperating and wasn't progressing with his physical therapy and suggested hospice to make him comfortable and that lit a fire under him. He's transferring himself, he's going down to the dining room and eating his meals, he's doing much better. It's a nice solid place, I ate there for his birthday and it was good, there wasn't enough food but I'm not an old person and the food is much better.

Brighton Gardens provides assisted living in an apartment-style setting that offers the simple pleasures - nutritious food, comfortable surroundings, and the support of a warm, caring and competent staff. A separate Special Care Center for residents with Alzheimer's or other memory related disorders is also on-site. The key to our success in the Special Care Center is our dedicated and compassionate staff, which receives special training and supervision. Our Special Care programming offers a variety of activities designed to achieve memory enrichment and positive social interactions. Caring for residents with dementia is a partnership between the community and the family, frequent family visits are encouraged and support groups and advisory councils are arranged. A Short Stay Program for seniors who need short-term care may also be available. It is the ideal alternative for recuperating after a hospital stay, while family caregivers are on vacation or if you just want to try out assisted living. Please call for more information or to schedule a visit to find out how Brighton Gardens can enrich your life or the life of a loved one.