Brookdale Preston - Dallas, TX

The Perfect Location!
Brookdale Preston is set on 2 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds with an enclosed courtyard and walking trail. We are considered the premier assisted living and Alzheimer’s community in North Dallas and Preston Hollow. We are located close to highway 75 and 635 on Preston Road next to the Cooper Aerobic Center.

Our community offers 102 apartments on two floors for easy access. Our common areas include our lovely dining room, library/TV room and activities room. In addition we offer a wide range of activities including parties; hobbies, exercise programs, continuing education classes, outside entertainment and off site excursions. We are conveniently located in residential area near White Rock Lake, Churchill Park, North Park Mall as well as state of the art medical facilities including Medical City, Presbyterian, Baylor of Plano and skilled nursing and rehabilitation if needed.

Brookdale Preston boasts long term staff with an average of 12 years employment. We have a visiting physicians, rehab and home health partners to offer physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and additional medical services allowing you to remain in your apartment and receive the exact services you need.

Brookdale Preston is a GREAT Place for your love ones. Their Memory Care Neighborhood is Awesome. My mother lives there and I must say its very clean and the staff there are very hands own with her.

Warm and friendly staff

The staff here at Brookdale is warm and friendly. The building is always clean and smells very nice. They are always pleasant and willing to help with anything that we might need. The food could be better.

very very pleased

Brookdale Preston is a 5 +. I am very very pleased. My sister is happy there. She gets a long well with everyone. Having her at this facility is one of the best decisions I have made. They went on a tour recently while we were visiting and she didn't care anything about staying with us. She was ready to get on the bus and go with the residents. We are very pleased with everything here. We are astonished is the best way I can put it.

Staffing is very friendly and knowledgeable!

The convenience of it is good, the staff is very friendly and very knowledgeable about what they are doing.

4 stars

Recommend this facility, care is good and facility is clean

very friendly

The staff there at Brookdale Preston is very friendly and welcoming. getting to know the residents and their families by name.

The place is very clean, always looking nice and smelling good. All the residents there are very happy.

The only thing that my mom has commented on that could be improved is the food. The food is good, but there have been some changes that Brookdale has made recently which has made it not quite as good as it was before.

It's really been a great experience and has met and exceeded our expectations.

They weren't able to handle the care needs.

We were going to go here, we had things all set to go here. All of a sudden they said they couldn't do her oxygen. They are very nice, but an elderly person shouldn't be expected to change their own tanks, they said only a registered nurse could do it. They were the only place that said that, and they pulled out some kind of documentation saying that, but they were the only place that was that way.

Nice place!

I think they do a great job at Emeritus at Preston! It's a nice looking, clean community, and the staff are very friendly and sensitive to the needs of the residents. They look at each person as an individual to determine how best to help them. My loved one was a but of a shut-in so they worked with him to get him involved in the community and the activities, and he is doing much better now!

Assisted Living Rates Star...

Assisted Living Rates Starting at: $2035 Memory Care Rates Starting at: $3265

We chose it for the overall atmosphere.

They do a pretty good job. They keep it clean, and the staff is friendly. The activities could offer a little more variety, and they could happen a little more often. Mom likes the food, that would be a five. We chose it for the overall atmosphere.

Loving staff

I moved my mom from another facility that was not meeting her needs. My mom moved into Memory Care here and she was loved there, which meant the world to me. While she was there, the facility lost the memory care director and there was a noticeable loss of activities and a certain amount of chaos that followed (which leads to my fewer-stars reviews above) but even WITH all that, she was loved and cared for well. My mom passed away there, and in her last days many of her caregivers came in on their OWN time to see how she was doing and to say goodbye. As with any place, you have to ask questions and follow up on things, but Emeritus was a great gift to us.

My mother has been here sin...

My mother has been here since Sept,2011. They will only continue with here if she goes into Memory Care We can't afford them now.

They're doing a great job.

They're doing a great job. Most of the staff are really friendly. They could use a little more variety and frequency of activities, in the dementia area they don't have someone that just specifically does activities. The activities could use some help. The food has been good and the laundry is good. Overall I am happy with Emeritus, the only thing I would say is that they could use a little more specialized training for those that work with the dementia residents. The director Ann is so dedicated, and works so hard, but she is mostly just for the independent and assisted side.

We didn't have a great experience here.

We didn't have a great experience here. They didn't like the food here, they have so much chicken it's ridiculous. They didn't get the care that they thought they should be getting.

David Virden

We apologize that your loved one’s experience with us at Preston didn’t meet your expectations. We would like to hear more about their stay with us and invite you to contact our community management team at your earliest convenience.

Friendly staff, good range ...

Friendly staff, good range of residents, decent size rooms. Single story.

Outstanding facility

My father lived in the Memory Care Unit of the Emeritus at Preston for about a year. During that time his care was provided by a thoughtful, caring staff who took excellent care of him. We were so satisfied with his care that we have just moved my husband's mother into the same facility and anticipate she will be well cared for as well.

Sometimes understanding the different care levels and what they cover can be confusing.

I'd give them a three for the food. The thing we have had the most frustration with, is understanding what the different care levels offer and knowing what is supposed to happen and making sure they do happen. They had a memory care unit which was a big factor in our decision, that and location.

The residence was very clea...

The residence was very clean. I talked to a couple before I entered the building in the parking lot and asked them about the place. I got very positive feedback. I also talked to some of the residents and got very positive feedback. The staff was very friendly and knew everyones name. I watched a brain activity in progress and liked what I saw. The bedrooms are very nice, slightly bigger than some I have seen. On the whole I was very impressed with this facility and it is definitely on my list of possible residences to choose. I am going back with my brother for him to look at it.

my mom is finally happy

the staff at emeritus always has time for questions from family. they are very concerned with the residents that live there, and there always seems to be an activity planned. even if (like my mom) your older parent is against living in assisted living, this place just seems to work!

Releasing My Loved One to Their Care

My loved one lives at Emeritus and my experience has been very positive. I think they have gone the extra mile to make her feel very welcomed and involved. She has complained that the food is not that great, but I haven't eaten there, so I can't say firsthand whether it is good or bad. They are attentive and kind and I've never had a problem reaching any staff that I've needed to contact. It is clean and activities are well organized. I have a peace that my loved one is well cared for in a place filled with happy residents.

Good, but room for improvement in connecting with family members

I'm thrilled with Emeritus's desire to "join" my loved one's "journey." I have found the head nurse to be knowledgeable and compassionate, and most of the workers I've spoken with are kind and seem attentive. But I will say that it is hard to get in touch with the folks in charge and often when I speak with those who I do get on the phone, they can't really tell me much. My hope is that they are more fully staffed for caring for people, than they are for responding to family members. So far, my loved one is doing well, although we've apparently had a few missteps in responding to certain needs.

nice. will return at some time

nice. will return at some time

Loved it. Very helpful staff!

Loved it. Very helpful staff!