Brookdale Palm Springs - Palm Springs, CA

"We have promised ourselves that we shall always treat our residents as we would our own loved ones. Nothing less than our best will do." This is a simple promise that the staff at Emeritus at Palm Springs – and throughout Emeritus Senior Living communities – has shared for over 10 years, when our community first opened its doors. It’s a simple promise to be compassionate and kind, understanding and respectful – a promise to become extended family to the seniors entrusted in our care and to our retirees who have chosen our community for its active lifestyle.

The Perfect Location We are located close to Highway 111 and Interstate 10. We are only a few blocks from downtown Palm Springs in a residential neighborhood across from Sunrise Park. The Palm Springs Library is located across the street and the Mizell Senior Center is one block away. The Camelot Movie Theaters, shopping and a variety of restaurants are also close by. We are set on 4.5 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds and many apartments feature mountain views. Desert Regional Medical Center and Desert Oasis Healthcare are located nearby.

A Wonderful Selection Our apartments include studios, deluxe studios and one bedroom apartments. Our apartments feature 24 hour emergency response system, individually controlled heating and air conditioning, wall to wall carpeting, bathrooms with grab bars, walkin showers with hand-held showers, and all utilities except cable and telephone. All apartments are located in our beautifully decorated cottages with warm inviting living rooms with fireplace and television. Our single story design makes access to dining and living areas effortless. Our lush landscape combined with out unique cottage design creates a feeling of family and home. Your pet is welcome at Palm Springs Emeritus.

Our Staff Our staff is totally dedicated to you! Our staff is carefully selected, screened and trained in order that we can deliver the best care possible in a warm, c

Poor value

Menu has a poor selection of fresh fruits and vegetables. Mainly heavy, starchy foods are available. Snacks are intermittently available.

It is a for-profit facility which appears to favor the stock holders over the residents.

Didn't like the layout of community

Brookdale Palm Springs was our second pick for dad. We were impressed by the community but decided against it because we did not like the dorm style layout of the rooms.

Horrible experience with memory care

My mother-in-law was a resident here. I explained to them explicitly how she behaves and they assured me they could handle her.They should have been more honest because after three weeks they said they could no longer care for her. It was a horrible experience.She was incontinent while there and after being relocated to another community she no longer has those issues. I don't believe they know how to care for patients with dementia and the only reason I scored them a 3 is they may be a good fit for someone who needs more help or assisted living.

Not the best....

When We Toured this Brookdale, we did not like it at all. It seemed more like an institution and had a hospital feel to it. We wanted something nicer with more resident interaction, this place was not a good fit for my loved one.

Not the right place for residents with walkers!!

When I had taken my tour of this community I had noticed how spread out everything was. There was many different buildings and all of the cottages where separated. I did not like the fact of how far my mother would have to walk with her walker to go play an activity or get to the dinning room. She would just say its not worth it and stay in her apartment because of how difficult it would be to get there. I did not think this is the right place for anyone who may have any sort of handicap the way the floor plan is set up.

not patient advocate at this time

at this moment i am no happy with Brookdale Palm Beach at all-- I am having so much trouble trying to find out about my aunt- she has recently been diagnosed with dementia, and a questionable power of attorney has appeared on the scene from across the country. Brookdale has since denied my aunt telephone and visiting privileges with her only 2 friends who have been there to love and support her since her 'incarceration" I believe this to be horrible judgement, she is now saying she has nothing to live for, and I cant find out any information or get any support from the director of memory care or health and wellness services. Very disappointing! their supposed to be patient advocates!! I have filed a report [removed].

Wonderful experience!!

I only lived here for a short time but I was very pleased with my experience that I had. The staff where all wonderful and made accommodations to meet my needs. I have no complaints about the food and enjoyed the activity program they offered throughout the week.I would recommend this place to anyone looking into retirement.

This place was a Home Run pick!!

This place is a huge upgrade from the previous place my loved one was at. They have been very responsive and all around wonderful. The staff really took the time to get to know my aunt and make her feel welcomed in her new living environment. The food is always good and they have a wide variety of fun activities for the residents to participate in throughout the week, I would defiantly recommend this community to anyone looking into retirement.

Outstanding Staff!!

My mother is adjusting well to this community, everyone is helpful, caring, and has great interaction with my mother. The meals are good, I haven't heard any complaints. The place is clean and well kept up. They offer a variety of activities, they take her to out to make sure she's interacting with other residents.

My tour!

This community did not seem active enough. They offer cottages and they only available one they had was to small. This community recently changed to only accept residents 75 or older and my loved one was to young. We would have chosen this community if we could.

Mom's Flight from Lonliness

Good hearted people with highly active staff comprise the soul of this collective garden situated, cottage-based, community of seniors.
The setting appealed to my 91 y/o mom. The activities director Elliot was a very over-the-top facilitator of joy and great ideas and she immediately felt at home with his spirit.
My mom's 1-bedroom room in the memory care cottage is new, nicely spacious and clean. She immediately made friends with a buddy resident.
Thanks to Brookdale for the very hard work of Kenny and Theresa. They helped us during our crisis and did their level best to help us apply for the bridge loan.

Resident Parking Available!!

Residents that have vehicles have a special area where they can park. Field trips, art, and exercise classes are offered sometimes. The guide was very nice with me and attentive. One of the amenities he mentioned that i liked was the laundry and housekeeping services they had. I would recommend a tour of this community they had so many helpful activities and amenities to help.

Above and Beyond!!

The manager Theresa gives really good advice to families and directs them in the right way. Meals are perfect the portions and the taste are very good. Once a month the residents have breakfast in the their cottages with the chef its a very good breakfast and they really enjoy this. The staff communication is great they are also very attentive to the care and needs of the residents. I really like that the place is also clean and always put together.

For the most part it has been very good. My only complaint is the wait time when my mom needs help. They have a new staff to help and hopefully more are to come. Otherwise, the food is good and they have a hairstylist that everybody loves. She also loves bingo and went out to the casino. They also take her to the doctor for free. My mom really likes the set up with the pods. It allows her to not walk too far and get to know the other residents. Memory care is offered too.

Not A Fit For My Mom

They are doing a good job keeping the community clean. I feel the care and safety is here. I am not happy with the charges they add to our monthly rent. At times they are not full doing what was agreed but have no problems adding it to our bill. This overall is not a fit for mom because she needs someone to do everything she can't.

Intimate atmosphere

This, in our humble opinion, is the perfect "Place for Mom". My wife and I fell in love with the place at first sight. The intimacy of the "Cottage" setting is perfect for an elderly woman with limited mobility. AND is far less intimidating than some of the larger, "hotel"- style communities.

Kenny [removed] did a great job presenting this property to us.
We were very impressed with him and the cottage style of living. The grounds were beautiful and the facility very clean. Loved the one bedroom apt. however none available at this time. Studio too small. We asked to be put on the waiting list for the one bedroom when it becomes available.

Happy Atmosphere

My mother really loves this community and we are very pleased with our choice to move her here. This is a wonderful community with a happy atmosphere. The community looks great and very clean. The staff is very helpful and kind. They offer plenty of activities for the residents to stay busy with. My mother loves the meals and she is really happy here. I have already recommended this community to my family.

I think it's been okay so far.

I think it's been okay so far. We don't have any complaints about maintenance or food or anything like that. We don't have any major complaints at all. I would give them a four.

Great care

The level of care here is great. The staff is very well trained, professional and caring. The facility itself is always clean and fresh. The other residents seem happy, well adjusted and well taken care of .

Nice place

We are not there. It is a nice place and everything, but we are not sure what we are going to do yet. I'm not sure if Mom will be able to make the move to California, so for right now we are just trying to get things figured out.

30 Days

My dad was there less than 30days and he fell and broke his hip. We gave an 30day notice when he moved in because we were not sure about it. I don't think that they have enough people for the amount of residents they have. They may need a different system for room arrangements.

My father loves living here.

My father has lived here for 5 years. He was 89 and had been living on his own until his heart attack. It was an adjustment, but he really feels at home here now. They're well staffed. The workers are very caring. They seem to keep staff. The facility is beautiful. The one story cottages are homey. They have been really accommodating about working with us to find solutions as my father ages. I live 5 minutes away and drop in at least weekly.

Good Care

The staff members have all done well with the care that my father is receiving from them at Brookdale Palm Springs. They are good at keeping us informed if there is any kind of a problem, so we appreciate that.

They're wonderful people. We are very happy with them.

They're wonderful people. We are very happy with them. They are very accessible and we are very happy. When it comes to meals they seem to be very flexible, and went over detailed likes and dislikes my loved one has, and have stuck to it. It seems to be comparable in price compared to others, and they have worked with us to go over the care plan and our price has even come down a little.

It has a lot of activities

The Brookdale Palm Springs is a nice community. It has a lot of activities. We haven't had any major issues. It's clean. Everyone is nice. It's expensive. Everything has been going well.

very happy

I felt like their information was like an open book, no surprises. They did a really good job treating us all like a part of their family rather than a business opportunity. In our case we are all out of town and it has been great to know that our loved once are cared for and safe. I'm very happy with Emeritus at Palm Springs.

Food could be fresher, they take excellent care of her, close to medical services

My mom doesn't like the food. It could be fresher.

With her care, they follow the rules, they are taking care of her pretty well, with meds. They are attentive when she needs something.

When I correspond with them, I get a friendly reply, and they are very attentive

It's 20 miles from me, but we live far out in the desert. But everything she needs as far as medical treatment and pharmacies is close to her; this was important in choosing the location.

They are the best we have ever seen

They are the best we have ever seen, and we searched for months. They offer a good social environment with lots of activities. There really isn't anything that I would like to see improved or done better.

If Your family member needs care do go there.

If your family member needs very much care do not send them to the Palm Springs Emeritus. They have beautiful grounds and nice rooms but a high turnover in staff and do not follow through with what they say they will do for your family member. We were extremely disappointed in the care received and the lack of followup and reevaluation of our Mother while she was there. Her health declined and her dignity was lost at this facility.

Very helpful and nice location

We were very impressed by this facility and the sales staff. Mark & David spent a lot of time with us talking about our difficult situation and whether or not it was appropriate for my parents (it was not) and for that we were really appreciative. They recommended another facility (not run by Emeritus) that ended up being a good fit, so they have a lot of credibility with us.

We also liked the open campus setting and location was beautiful. It had a very "homey" feel both in the assisted living and memory care units.

Happy Mom, Happy Family

Mom wrapped up her first week. She is adjusting nicely and both staff and other residents have been welcoming and helpful. She is enjoying the activities and finds the food to be prepared well and a good variety. The laundry and housekeeping services were excellent.
We have already recommended the facility to a friend for his mother.

It’s beautiful community.

It’s beautiful community. It’s very close to my house which might be a really good selling point. The residents all seemed very happy. My dad loves the community he’s in, but I might feel safer with him being in this community rather than the one he’s currently in.

From Very Good to Great!

My second tour at this location with my 73-year-old mother in the past year. The appearance of the grounds went from very good to great in my estimation so far. It looks like the property has been refreshed over the last 12 months with paint, furniture, lighting, etc., which indicates a caring attitude about the visual and living aspects of the facility.

Mr. Mark Maxwell (Community Relations Director) is a pleasure to communicate with. Seems to have a love for his job that transfers over to the other staff and guests.

All contact with staff and guests was positive. Tried hard to find flaws or issues, but was unsuccessful! Looking forward, as is my mother, to becoming part of the "Emeritus Family".

Emeritus is set up with six to eight ...

Emeritus is set up with six to eight different cottages, with eight rooms per cottage. They all have single rooms, and just one that is a locked dementia unit. The rest have beautiful grassy areas and covered porches. They have nice handicap accessible private bathrooms in each room. There is a group dining room and kitchen at one end of each cottage and big living room with a fire place at the other end of the cottage. In between there is the nurses station an medicine cart. There are probably 45-65 residents total. The dementia unit it has an outdoor courtyard with landscaped walkways they can walk around. It is safe and locked. This is a really nice plus, especially for those that wander.

Thanks for your great help!

I believe we found the best place for my friends Russell Mc Farland and Gertrud Kiwitt. Your selection worked very well. We only visited 3 places out of the 6 offered and decided on Emeritus Palm Springs. The staff there was very gracious and helpful. It is difficult to have one person well and one handicapped making this big transition but it is going to be ok with a little more time for Gertrud who is taking it pretty hard. I am coaching them the best I can and there is only one problem for them and that's the food. Not enough variety and usually too salty so I advised Russ to let the staff know that he need a salt free diet.
Again a big thank you for your expertise.

Cottages

They have a bunch of little cottages there. It's just a different kind of situation. Each cottage had it's own dining room but the the rooms weren't as big.

I Didn't Like The Set Up

The way they have it set up, it's just not great. The grounds are pretty but the facility itself isn't that great. The dining room is a little tiny. They have separate buildings with blocks of rooms so your building has a like a dining hall. It's not really a restaurant. It's like they cart it in from somewhere else and if you have friends in another building then you can't have dinner with them. It's very bizarre.

Good Food, Good People, Good Activities

Excellent! You're getting what you pay for over there. The care is excellent. It's a very good caring staff and they get the things done that need to be done. There are not tons of activites but there are a few everyday. My mother-in-law loves them. They play bingo, have movie night with popcorn, excercise and coffee hour every morning, and they have other games too. They cover a wide range of things.

It's all been very positive. She likes the people, she likes the food. She said to me "I cannot find anything wrong!"

**Cottages off Sunrise near Ramon. A...

**Cottages off Sunrise near Ramon. Assisted living $1795/mo then care on top. Probably around $1750-$2350 extra = $3620- $4100/mo.+ $304 meds and $75 incont. $3,924 less $200 if we put up $3,000 on admission = $3,724/mo.