Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center - Providence, RI

Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center - Providence, RI has yet not published prices.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

The best! This has been the best place I have brought my loved one to. The rehab and staff care are great! The staff is very friendly and the nursing care is the best. She is enjoying the meals and the cleanliness is immaculate! The communication is good but we have to ask.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

Overall, the stay has gone very well for my father. Sometimes the staff takes a while to get to him when he presses his call light.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

Everyone is so nice to my loved one! She is doing her therapy and she said there were two really nice girls in the rehab. Her room is nice and clean. They call to update me on some things. I recently called the social worker and she called me back but she did not tell me much so I am waiting for her to tell me more.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

I was surprised. The staff was really nice, and the facility looks very nice. Everyone was really helpful!

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

My sister likes it very much. The staff care is very good and everyone is nice. The nursing care and the food are also very good. The cleanliness is very good but the sheets have not been changed yet. I ask the nurses how she is doing and they answer my questions.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

My loved one says she likes the therapy! The staff provides good service and they are friendly! The nurses are very lovely and the place is very clean, nice and pretty. She is enjoying the food.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

They are very kind, helpful and empathetic people. I have had to seek out for information on my loved one's care and I thought people would be coming to me.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

I had my first visit with my loved one yesterday and everything seemed fine. The facility looked good and of course, I would recommend Elmhurst to a friend.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

It has been really nice so far for my loved one. The staff is nice and helpful, she enjoys the therapy a lot and she is improving. The staff are kind and ask to help us. Every time I walk in they greet me. The facility is very nice and it is clean. They clean and make sure everything is sanitized. They call me whenever anything happens to my mom. In fact, someone left a voicemail the other day.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

The therapy services are good. It is spotlessly clean, the meals are so good and they call me right away when something is wrong.

It went really well!

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

My loved one has his physical therapy done and they are there when they are supposed to. The staff is very friendly and the nurses are helpful. It always looks clean. They've been really good with the communication when I have talked with them. He really doesn't like the food but some things are okay.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

My friend was very happy with her stay at Elmhurst Rehab! She really liked the therapy services here. The nursing care was very good and there were some that were great. No complaints with the cleanliness.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

They have all been very friendly and the place is very clean.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

My mom is having a pretty good time there. She likes the nurses and I really liked the first nurse that helped us out because she took care of my mom. Personally, no one is perfect and there is always room for improvement but I have no problems with Elmhurst.

It was good!

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

My loved one is satisfied with the nursing care and he said that the food is very good. The communication could improve. I haven't had any communication and nobody ever calls me about anything.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

Everything I have seen and the people I talked to have been good. I was pleased with the nursing care when I was there. I pretty much do the calling to find out about my loved one's care and I do not know how they do things yet.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

I have one word for the rehab therapy team: OUTSTANDING. I give them a 10 out of 5. The rehab section is beautiful and clean. I think they do a really good job with the meals because my brother doesn't complain about the food.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

The nursing assistants I met today while I was visiting, were so good. Everyone has been very pleasant. My loved one said the meals have been good so far. I have not spoken to the doctor yet but all of the nurses have been good with their communication.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

There was a lady who was incredibly nice and helpful! The communication could have been better because I don't think they communicated that well with my loved one.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

Overall, it was good. The staff was very friendly, the meals were not perfect but it was fine.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

The food and the cleanliness are good! No one has called in regards to my loved one's care.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

There is still room for improvement with the communication. My loved one is not too happy with the unit she is in. The nurses and the nursing assistants will walk in and will not introduce themselves. It is hard to get to know who they are if they are not introducing themselves.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

The physical therapy was okay. A complaint of mine is that they cannot check on patients enough. When my loved one would press her call light, the staff would just walk by her room and not come help. There was an incident with one of the nursing assistants, so we spoke with administration after this incident occurred and nothing improved after that.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

I feel like they are taking good care of her and providing good service.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

They are very pleasant and seem to know what they are doing. It is refreshing to see people smile, I think that helps. They are pleasant and know what they are doing. Everybody was friendly.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

They are just great people and she is happy there! Everything is going great with no complaints. It is clean. She has not complained about the meals. I have not gotten any updates about my mother.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

I would recommend the facility! The communication has been just great. I have not had much to do with the therapy services up until this point. My mother is fussy so this is difficult to rate. I really could not offer anything the facility could do to improve the meals for her at this point.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

I would absolutely recommend the facility to friends! I have witnessed the staff keeping their composure and they calm her down the best they can when she is upset. They are very, very patient. They didn't give up on my wife. They are very good. They are professional and patient. They are willing to achieve what they need to with her. It was very clean and the entire floor was just redone upstairs. They have been bringing her to the dining area, and they accommodate what she wants.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

I have been to Elmhurst on several occasions and they have excellent care. The time she has been there it is good. It is excellent for the nursing care. They are quite cordial and friendly. The young man in admissions is excellent and he knows his job. They keep it very clean. I think the meals are fine. The food is prepared on the floor. I have been there for a couple of times for breakfast and lunch. It is good. I have recommended the facility. They are always willing to talk with me about her care.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

With talking to my loved one, he says they are all good to him and bring his meals. They are kind to him. He likes going to the dining room to eat. He wanted to be in the dining room. He likes the nurses who help him out. He is doing good for his exercising and has had that three times. I told them not to be demanding with him and then he will say yes to going to rehab. The meals are average with a nice little breakfast with two choices for the meals. He likes the whip cream and rice pudding. They made a strawberry drink he liked. I recommended Elmhurst to my friends.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

Sometimes they call and sometimes they do not. The communication is not what I thought it would be I am not sure if my expectations were just too high. I wish the meals catered more towards different dietary needs.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

Sometimes with the food, they don't have many choices. The people are nice and the place is clean. They are good and very nice.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

He says he is not getting any exercise and no one has talked to me. They seem nice. The remodeling is difficult but the entrance is beautiful.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

I think there are good nurses, but they don't have time to respond to patients, pay attention to care, or answer the phone. They're not supported by the medical staff. Sometimes they're friendly, sometimes they're hostile because they don't like being challenged.

Mrsa diagnosis

When I came to Elmhurst for Southern New England Rehabilitation, I was negative for Mrsa. I had my operation on Friday at Roger Williams and was tested that afternoon for Mrsa. I just received the results and I am positive. 2 week at Elmhurst and I contracted Mrsa there. Elmhurst was the only place I was between SNERC and Roger Williams Hospital.
Several things that are very important to be addressed, one, food handling without gloves, two, in the therapy room, nobody wipes down the equipment after use. On several occasions I had to tell the therapist to wipe equipment down because of the odor being omitted.
I am not a happy camper for this position results. Anyone coming into my room has to put on gowns and gloves and there is a big sign about having a contagious disease.
[Name removed].

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

My mother is happy to be there. I'd go there if I could! The girls, I can't even express how happy I am with them. They do everything I ask. The office ladies are wonderful. They are so friendly! It's clean. The rooms are very good. They are remodeling so everything is brand new, and it's beautiful. My mother is tough with food, because she likes her own cooking--if you know what I am saying. But she likes her breakfasts.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

Elmhurst is very nice! The service and food is good, no complaints! The therapists are very good and the nurses are real nice. The staff are real good to him. They are taking care of him. It's real nice, it don't smell. The food is good.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

Elmhurst is wonderful. I would refer anyone I know to this facility! I cannot say enough. It looks absolutely beautiful, and what is really important - the staff there are absolutely great! It's upgraded since the last time I was here for rehab. Last year was great too, and I am coming back this year, and there's even greater difference. They staff do not talk down to anyone. I watch them talk to other patients, and they are always so kind and pleasant and extremely helpful. They take the time to listen. Also it's very, very clean! The maintenance man is ALWAYS cleaning the hallways. Every single day someone cleans the room. What's most important is that the bathroom is always spotless!

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

They have been very attentive and Mom has received good care. Everyone has just been wonderful, especially the CAs, and very helpful. It always looks clean to me. She raves about the food. Probably because she doesn't have to cook it!

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

She has been there before and it is very good. It is a very nice place and we live 5 minutes from there. They are friendly. The care is very good. Meals could be better and she tells me that. I do not know why she gets chicken or the same thing every lunch time. It is not as good as when she was downstairs. I know there is a lot of people in that place. No one has told me much and communication could be better.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

My mom was there last year also. She likes the staff and it is a very clean facility. The CNAs are really good with her. It's looks really good too. They have remodeled. She does not like the food at all though! She says it has no taste. I am playing a lot of phone tag when it comes to the nurses and doctors on her floor.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

Mom loves it there! I will tell you what, I want to give kudos for the entertainment director. She is phenomenal. The first time my mom was there, she made sure she had a wonderful time. My mom's requested that place now, ever since she has been there that first time. She just loves it! I am more relaxed when she is there, she has been to other places and she was miserable. With Elmhurst, there are not enough stars--I give it a 10 out of 5! Elmhurst, I would tell you what, I would recommend it to anybody. It is phenomenal! All the nurses have been phenomenal. My mom is not easy to deal with, but she is just very, very happy there. They go out of their way. She lost her phone charger, and one of the nurses let her use hers, so that I could call my mom (I call her 2-3 times a day).

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

They're the top with communication! They try their best, and he is difficult with them. They can be slow in response time I have noticed.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

It's pretty good, and very clean.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

I'd recommend Elmhurst so far.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

I am very happy with the workers there and they keep me informed of what is going on.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

This is the best experience I have ever had with a facility! I have been through this with both of my parents and now my brother. It has been such a good experience for us at Elmhurst. Absolutely I would recommend it to someone! The facility and the staff are truly amazing. From what I can see the plan they have for him is working out well. To be quite honest he was in pretty bad shape when he came in. They now have him mobile. He seems to really like the care. I am actually impressed with the facility's mix of men and women ratio. It is so nice to have that mix especially having male and female nurses - having the male nurses helps him in a certain way you know? They have been providing exactly what he needs for meals, and not only that but they take the time to explain to him the purpose of everything. It was hard to coordinate through the holidays but it will get better.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

The nursing care is first rate! Their communication is very good and the nurse will call me if anything at all is going on. The cleanliness has improved and it's pretty good now. I was concerned that the doctor was not paying enough attention.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

The staff are absolutely 5 stars! The office director, I would like to give her a couple extra stars. She has been going above and beyond with helping me with his transition into longterm care. I already have recommended Elmhurst to a friend! They are doing remodeling, a lot of the rooms are unavailable, so he is paired up in the room. The person he is paired up with his giving him bad information. I hope that he can be moved a different room or get a different roommate, that's the only complaint I have. The therapists got him up and walking around now, which is better then he was when got there. I think the nurses are doing a pretty good job. The people from laundry are making sure he is getting clean clothes every day. So, that's a big plus for me. The facility looks pretty good, even with all the construction going on.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

One nurse has been superb! I have questions, I don't understand how a doctor has not been in there yet. I have always seen the doc in before this and it has been a week.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

The therapists have done well with my dad. Both my mom and dad were there prior. It is remodeled. They've completely redone it and it is absolutely beautiful, like day and night. They said he would get a recliner for his room and he has been there over a week and he still does not have it. I am familiar with the facility prior to the changes. Before they had old broken furniture. Now it is clean and modern. Communication in general needs to improve. I am the medical POA. I have not heard from the doctor or anyone about his treatment. If I do not ask questions, I do not get told.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

I have received phone calls from her head nurse and her floor nurse and they are very professional. Her floor nurse called me, and he is very nice.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

She seems like she is in a better place now. The therapy is coming along. I like the facility.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

It's pretty good. Most of the staff are nice but some have bad days. It is difficult dealing with some patients. She says that she gets fed well, and they contact me for any issues.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

I'd recommend overall, but every time she calls for the staff to help her use the restroom they do not come in time.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

The therapists are good and I was pleased with them. He liked a lot of the staff, he was pleased with the nurses. He also liked the cleaning lady. They answered questions. When he rings the buzzer takes a long time to get there. He did not like the food, a kids ham sandwich instead of food to get healthy. He was moved to a noisy room.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

I think they need more service and more people working around with the patients. It looks perfect! It's clean. She feels really good with the therapy, and they help her get there. The nurses are really good. They try to help her with the language, she does not speak English. Beside that there is not enough staff, they are good. Sometimes we try to find somebody and there was no one.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

It was renovated and looked like a high class hotel. I made a lot of complaints though. I do not think she saw any doctor. She was there many days without a phone and a TV with no volume. The food was horrible. At first she was so impressed with everyone being very nice. They were kind. Later on it seemed like there not too many people around. I would not want to go there. I never heard from anyone. No personal interest.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

When I finally talked to them they were nice. They rarely answered the phone. It's very difficult to talk to anyone there. Yesterday, I called 15 times before anyone picked up. One of the staff did go above and beyond to help and let me know about PT. No one else would do that. They would go to get her nurse and the line would go dead and I had to call back. No one knows what is going on. I asked repeatedly for the Social Worker to call me and she never did.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

It's wonderful. They have a nice rehab room. The staff are all very good. He has been there before. I thought the service at that time was quicker. Everybody is very nice, but I think that they are understaffed. You ring the bell and you wait and you wait and wait. It was clean, but it was sloppy. I think they just have too much staff laying around the room like linen, sheets, and pillows. But the room was clean, the sink was always shiny. The meals were good. Every time I called in the morning the spoke to me about how he was doing.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

I'd recommend Elmhurst! If I ever have any questions, the facility has been very good about answering them.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

I've been impressed with the care. My loved one gets involved with the groups that are there and they keep an eye on her to make sure she is always okay. Their communication with me is very good.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

The rehab is excellent. So is the cleanliness and quality of communication. My mom was moved to another floor and things improved. She was receiving food she is not supposed to eat and that needs to change.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

They give excellent care. My mom has been there before and she likes it! Many of the staff were very good with her. They seem pretty nice. They get her to do the therapy and we like the therapist. They are renovating on her floor and it is brighter. Housekeeping seem very good.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

It's very clean! The renovations are nice and it looks very good! The social worker was great and took care of an issue.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

Everything is going well and is clean and nice. When we call the nurse, they come and tell me what I need. When I feel that my loved one needs something, they come right away. The staff is very friendly. She eats all of her meals and she wasn't eating before.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

The nursing care was very good. I'd give 5+ stars for cleanliness! Probably daily contact from the staff would be helpful.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

I'd recommend Elmhurst Rehab overall!

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

They are very nice to my mom and the place is clean and the food is good. The therapists are very good. They got her walking with a walker. The nurses are all good and nice to her. The staff help her with eating. Any time I had a question, they answered my questions.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

I'd recommend Elmhurst to a friend.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

Overall there are no problems. It is okay. My loved one had a doctor's appointment and they changed the appointment time. A couple of the nurses assistants were good. They worked from 11 am to 3 pm. She likes the meals okay and they have a menu for her. She has not complained.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

It is not the best care in the world and not the worst. She just started the therapy. There is a little improvement. Most of the nurses are good and the assistants are good too. They all communicate well. They are always cleaning something. I have a problem with the meals. She eats what she should not eat. I did talk with the dietitian and she said she would look into it and it is getting better.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

Elmhurst is very clean. My loved one is not happy with the meals though. Several times he called for help and it took a half hour.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

The staff are friendly. When my loved one was admitted in on the weekend, she was put in a room with a bathroom that was not functioning and unsanitary with the toilet. They did move her after weekend. The nursing care is better than average. I have no real complaints except pressing the button takes a while for them to come. I have to go out and find someone. They are providing three meals a day and she is comfortable with it.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

They have very poor communication. I am much more disappointed with this visit opposed to the first time my mom was here. I had an issue with the physician's assistant. I have addressed this as well with management I do not feel as though she took proper precautions. Some nurses are great and some not so great. I spoke with management regarding my complaints and the two nurses have been addressed.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

The rehab was very good. It was very clean. It was extremely understaffed though. The help they have is not quite adequate. My mother in law can move around but she is a fall risk. The CNA would not assist her. Whoever is in manager overseeing her area needs to improve with their communication. The first night my mother in law was put in a room with a call button that did not work.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

My mom's room is clean and she has a lot more privacy here. This is not our first rodeo. She was at another facility where she had more PT and they had meetings once a week there to let us know how she is doing and the plan. She is not getting much PT here. My mom tells me she has to wait forever for help. The whole staff needs to improve with communication. I have to contact them three or four times to get answers. Also, the meals are not as hot as they should be.

Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center is a skilled nursing facility conveniently near the Roger William and Providence VA Hospitals. Elmhurst is one of top nursing homes in Rhode Island and in the nation, renowned for subacute rehabilitation and for successfully reducing hospital readmissions. We are proudly a preferred provider of Miriam Hospital, and we are the only community in Rhode Island to provide the esteemed The Eden Alternative, a progressive approach to elderly care that encourages a meaningful, dignity-filled life emphasizing individual choices.