Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center - Providence, RI

Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center - Providence, RI has yet not published prices.

street map for Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center - Providence, RI

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

I'd recommend Elmhurst! If I ever have any questions, the facility has been very good about answering them.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

I've been impressed with the care. My loved one gets involved with the groups that are there and they keep an eye on her to make sure she is always okay. Their communication with me is very good.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

The rehab is excellent. So is the cleanliness and quality of communication. My mom was moved to another floor and things improved. She was receiving food she is not supposed to eat and that needs to change.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

They give excellent care. My mom has been there before and she likes it! Many of the staff were very good with her. They seem pretty nice. They get her to do the therapy and we like the therapist. They are renovating on her floor and it is brighter. Housekeeping seem very good.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

It's very clean! The renovations are nice and it looks very good! The social worker was great and took care of an issue.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

Everything is going well and is clean and nice. When we call the nurse, they come and tell me what I need. When I feel that my loved one needs something, they come right away. The staff is very friendly. She eats all of her meals and she wasn't eating before.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

The nursing care was very good. I'd give 5+ stars for cleanliness! Probably daily contact from the staff would be helpful.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

I'd recommend Elmhurst Rehab overall!

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

They are very nice to my mom and the place is clean and the food is good. The therapists are very good. They got her walking with a walker. The nurses are all good and nice to her. The staff help her with eating. Any time I had a question, they answered my questions.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

I'd recommend Elmhurst to a friend.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

Overall there are no problems. It is okay. My loved one had a doctor's appointment and they changed the appointment time. A couple of the nurses assistants were good. They worked from 11 am to 3 pm. She likes the meals okay and they have a menu for her. She has not complained.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

It is not the best care in the world and not the worst. She just started the therapy. There is a little improvement. Most of the nurses are good and the assistants are good too. They all communicate well. They are always cleaning something. I have a problem with the meals. She eats what she should not eat. I did talk with the dietitian and she said she would look into it and it is getting better.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

Elmhurst is very clean. My loved one is not happy with the meals though. Several times he called for help and it took a half hour.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

The staff are friendly. When my loved one was admitted in on the weekend, she was put in a room with a bathroom that was not functioning and unsanitary with the toilet. They did move her after weekend. The nursing care is better than average. I have no real complaints except pressing the button takes a while for them to come. I have to go out and find someone. They are providing three meals a day and she is comfortable with it.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

They have very poor communication. I am much more disappointed with this visit opposed to the first time my mom was here. I had an issue with the physician's assistant. I have addressed this as well with management I do not feel as though she took proper precautions. Some nurses are great and some not so great. I spoke with management regarding my complaints and the two nurses have been addressed.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

The rehab was very good. It was very clean. It was extremely understaffed though. The help they have is not quite adequate. My mother in law can move around but she is a fall risk. The CNA would not assist her. Whoever is in manager overseeing her area needs to improve with their communication. The first night my mother in law was put in a room with a call button that did not work.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

My mom's room is clean and she has a lot more privacy here. This is not our first rodeo. She was at another facility where she had more PT and they had meetings once a week there to let us know how she is doing and the plan. She is not getting much PT here. My mom tells me she has to wait forever for help. The whole staff needs to improve with communication. I have to contact them three or four times to get answers. Also, the meals are not as hot as they should be.

Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center is a skilled nursing facility conveniently near the Roger William and Providence VA Hospitals. Elmhurst is one of top nursing homes in Rhode Island and in the nation, renowned for subacute rehabilitation and for successfully reducing hospital readmissions. We are proudly a preferred provider of Miriam Hospital, and we are the only community in Rhode Island to provide the esteemed The Eden Alternative, a progressive approach to elderly care that encourages a meaningful, dignity-filled life emphasizing individual choices.