Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center - Providence, RI

Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center - Providence, RI has yet not published prices.

Mrsa diagnosis

When I came to Elmhurst for Southern New England Rehabilitation, I was negative for Mrsa. I had my operation on Friday at Roger Williams and was tested that afternoon for Mrsa. I just received the results and I am positive. 2 week at Elmhurst and I contracted Mrsa there. Elmhurst was the only place I was between SNERC and Roger Williams Hospital.
Several things that are very important to be addressed, one, food handling without gloves, two, in the therapy room, nobody wipes down the equipment after use. On several occasions I had to tell the therapist to wipe equipment down because of the odor being omitted.
I am not a happy camper for this position results. Anyone coming into my room has to put on gowns and gloves and there is a big sign about having a contagious disease.
[Name removed].

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

My mother is happy to be there. I'd go there if I could! The girls, I can't even express how happy I am with them. They do everything I ask. The office ladies are wonderful. They are so friendly! It's clean. The rooms are very good. They are remodeling so everything is brand new, and it's beautiful. My mother is tough with food, because she likes her own cooking--if you know what I am saying. But she likes her breakfasts.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

Elmhurst is very nice! The service and food is good, no complaints! The therapists are very good and the nurses are real nice. The staff are real good to him. They are taking care of him. It's real nice, it don't smell. The food is good.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

Elmhurst is wonderful. I would refer anyone I know to this facility! I cannot say enough. It looks absolutely beautiful, and what is really important - the staff there are absolutely great! It's upgraded since the last time I was here for rehab. Last year was great too, and I am coming back this year, and there's even greater difference. They staff do not talk down to anyone. I watch them talk to other patients, and they are always so kind and pleasant and extremely helpful. They take the time to listen. Also it's very, very clean! The maintenance man is ALWAYS cleaning the hallways. Every single day someone cleans the room. What's most important is that the bathroom is always spotless!

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

They have been very attentive and Mom has received good care. Everyone has just been wonderful, especially the CAs, and very helpful. It always looks clean to me. She raves about the food. Probably because she doesn't have to cook it!

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

She has been there before and it is very good. It is a very nice place and we live 5 minutes from there. They are friendly. The care is very good. Meals could be better and she tells me that. I do not know why she gets chicken or the same thing every lunch time. It is not as good as when she was downstairs. I know there is a lot of people in that place. No one has told me much and communication could be better.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

My mom was there last year also. She likes the staff and it is a very clean facility. The CNAs are really good with her. It's looks really good too. They have remodeled. She does not like the food at all though! She says it has no taste. I am playing a lot of phone tag when it comes to the nurses and doctors on her floor.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

Mom loves it there! I will tell you what, I want to give kudos for the entertainment director. She is phenomenal. The first time my mom was there, she made sure she had a wonderful time. My mom's requested that place now, ever since she has been there that first time. She just loves it! I am more relaxed when she is there, she has been to other places and she was miserable. With Elmhurst, there are not enough stars--I give it a 10 out of 5! Elmhurst, I would tell you what, I would recommend it to anybody. It is phenomenal! All the nurses have been phenomenal. My mom is not easy to deal with, but she is just very, very happy there. They go out of their way. She lost her phone charger, and one of the nurses let her use hers, so that I could call my mom (I call her 2-3 times a day).

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

They're the top with communication! They try their best, and he is difficult with them. They can be slow in response time I have noticed.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

It's pretty good, and very clean.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

I'd recommend Elmhurst so far.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

I am very happy with the workers there and they keep me informed of what is going on.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

This is the best experience I have ever had with a facility! I have been through this with both of my parents and now my brother. It has been such a good experience for us at Elmhurst. Absolutely I would recommend it to someone! The facility and the staff are truly amazing. From what I can see the plan they have for him is working out well. To be quite honest he was in pretty bad shape when he came in. They now have him mobile. He seems to really like the care. I am actually impressed with the facility's mix of men and women ratio. It is so nice to have that mix especially having male and female nurses - having the male nurses helps him in a certain way you know? They have been providing exactly what he needs for meals, and not only that but they take the time to explain to him the purpose of everything. It was hard to coordinate through the holidays but it will get better.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

The nursing care is first rate! Their communication is very good and the nurse will call me if anything at all is going on. The cleanliness has improved and it's pretty good now. I was concerned that the doctor was not paying enough attention.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

The staff are absolutely 5 stars! The office director, I would like to give her a couple extra stars. She has been going above and beyond with helping me with his transition into longterm care. I already have recommended Elmhurst to a friend! They are doing remodeling, a lot of the rooms are unavailable, so he is paired up in the room. The person he is paired up with his giving him bad information. I hope that he can be moved a different room or get a different roommate, that's the only complaint I have. The therapists got him up and walking around now, which is better then he was when got there. I think the nurses are doing a pretty good job. The people from laundry are making sure he is getting clean clothes every day. So, that's a big plus for me. The facility looks pretty good, even with all the construction going on.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

One nurse has been superb! I have questions, I don't understand how a doctor has not been in there yet. I have always seen the doc in before this and it has been a week.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

The therapists have done well with my dad. Both my mom and dad were there prior. It is remodeled. They've completely redone it and it is absolutely beautiful, like day and night. They said he would get a recliner for his room and he has been there over a week and he still does not have it. I am familiar with the facility prior to the changes. Before they had old broken furniture. Now it is clean and modern. Communication in general needs to improve. I am the medical POA. I have not heard from the doctor or anyone about his treatment. If I do not ask questions, I do not get told.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

I have received phone calls from her head nurse and her floor nurse and they are very professional. Her floor nurse called me, and he is very nice.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

She seems like she is in a better place now. The therapy is coming along. I like the facility.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

It's pretty good. Most of the staff are nice but some have bad days. It is difficult dealing with some patients. She says that she gets fed well, and they contact me for any issues.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

I'd recommend overall, but every time she calls for the staff to help her use the restroom they do not come in time.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

The therapists are good and I was pleased with them. He liked a lot of the staff, he was pleased with the nurses. He also liked the cleaning lady. They answered questions. When he rings the buzzer takes a long time to get there. He did not like the food, a kids ham sandwich instead of food to get healthy. He was moved to a noisy room.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

I think they need more service and more people working around with the patients. It looks perfect! It's clean. She feels really good with the therapy, and they help her get there. The nurses are really good. They try to help her with the language, she does not speak English. Beside that there is not enough staff, they are good. Sometimes we try to find somebody and there was no one.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

It was renovated and looked like a high class hotel. I made a lot of complaints though. I do not think she saw any doctor. She was there many days without a phone and a TV with no volume. The food was horrible. At first she was so impressed with everyone being very nice. They were kind. Later on it seemed like there not too many people around. I would not want to go there. I never heard from anyone. No personal interest.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

When I finally talked to them they were nice. They rarely answered the phone. It's very difficult to talk to anyone there. Yesterday, I called 15 times before anyone picked up. One of the staff did go above and beyond to help and let me know about PT. No one else would do that. They would go to get her nurse and the line would go dead and I had to call back. No one knows what is going on. I asked repeatedly for the Social Worker to call me and she never did.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

It's wonderful. They have a nice rehab room. The staff are all very good. He has been there before. I thought the service at that time was quicker. Everybody is very nice, but I think that they are understaffed. You ring the bell and you wait and you wait and wait. It was clean, but it was sloppy. I think they just have too much staff laying around the room like linen, sheets, and pillows. But the room was clean, the sink was always shiny. The meals were good. Every time I called in the morning the spoke to me about how he was doing.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

I'd recommend Elmhurst! If I ever have any questions, the facility has been very good about answering them.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

I've been impressed with the care. My loved one gets involved with the groups that are there and they keep an eye on her to make sure she is always okay. Their communication with me is very good.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

The rehab is excellent. So is the cleanliness and quality of communication. My mom was moved to another floor and things improved. She was receiving food she is not supposed to eat and that needs to change.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

They give excellent care. My mom has been there before and she likes it! Many of the staff were very good with her. They seem pretty nice. They get her to do the therapy and we like the therapist. They are renovating on her floor and it is brighter. Housekeeping seem very good.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

It's very clean! The renovations are nice and it looks very good! The social worker was great and took care of an issue.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

Everything is going well and is clean and nice. When we call the nurse, they come and tell me what I need. When I feel that my loved one needs something, they come right away. The staff is very friendly. She eats all of her meals and she wasn't eating before.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

The nursing care was very good. I'd give 5+ stars for cleanliness! Probably daily contact from the staff would be helpful.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

I'd recommend Elmhurst Rehab overall!

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

They are very nice to my mom and the place is clean and the food is good. The therapists are very good. They got her walking with a walker. The nurses are all good and nice to her. The staff help her with eating. Any time I had a question, they answered my questions.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

I'd recommend Elmhurst to a friend.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

Overall there are no problems. It is okay. My loved one had a doctor's appointment and they changed the appointment time. A couple of the nurses assistants were good. They worked from 11 am to 3 pm. She likes the meals okay and they have a menu for her. She has not complained.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

It is not the best care in the world and not the worst. She just started the therapy. There is a little improvement. Most of the nurses are good and the assistants are good too. They all communicate well. They are always cleaning something. I have a problem with the meals. She eats what she should not eat. I did talk with the dietitian and she said she would look into it and it is getting better.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

Elmhurst is very clean. My loved one is not happy with the meals though. Several times he called for help and it took a half hour.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

The staff are friendly. When my loved one was admitted in on the weekend, she was put in a room with a bathroom that was not functioning and unsanitary with the toilet. They did move her after weekend. The nursing care is better than average. I have no real complaints except pressing the button takes a while for them to come. I have to go out and find someone. They are providing three meals a day and she is comfortable with it.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

They have very poor communication. I am much more disappointed with this visit opposed to the first time my mom was here. I had an issue with the physician's assistant. I have addressed this as well with management I do not feel as though she took proper precautions. Some nurses are great and some not so great. I spoke with management regarding my complaints and the two nurses have been addressed.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

The rehab was very good. It was very clean. It was extremely understaffed though. The help they have is not quite adequate. My mother in law can move around but she is a fall risk. The CNA would not assist her. Whoever is in manager overseeing her area needs to improve with their communication. The first night my mother in law was put in a room with a call button that did not work.

Review of Elmhurst Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

My mom's room is clean and she has a lot more privacy here. This is not our first rodeo. She was at another facility where she had more PT and they had meetings once a week there to let us know how she is doing and the plan. She is not getting much PT here. My mom tells me she has to wait forever for help. The whole staff needs to improve with communication. I have to contact them three or four times to get answers. Also, the meals are not as hot as they should be.

Elmhurst Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center is a skilled nursing facility conveniently near the Roger William and Providence VA Hospitals. Elmhurst is one of top nursing homes in Rhode Island and in the nation, renowned for subacute rehabilitation and for successfully reducing hospital readmissions. We are proudly a preferred provider of Miriam Hospital, and we are the only community in Rhode Island to provide the esteemed The Eden Alternative, a progressive approach to elderly care that encourages a meaningful, dignity-filled life emphasizing individual choices.